There’s no doubt that Friendswood, Texas, is one of the Lone Star State’s best places to live. What else can you expect from a place founded on friendship and community? However, just like everywhere else, accidents can and do happen.
If you were harmed due to another party’s actions, you have legal options with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™. A Friendswood personal injury lawyer from our firm can help whether you were hurt in a car accident, fall, or another situation. We offer free case evaluations where, together, we can explore your options.
Texas Limits How Long You Have to File Your Injury Case
When it comes to your personal life, we want you to take your time with everything––attending doctors’ visits, going to therapy, and taking time off work. However, you can’t afford to take your time when it comes to filing an injury lawsuit.
Texas law notes that you generally have two years to file your injury lawsuit. Very few exceptions alter this deadline. If you don’t file your case before the two years expires, you could lose the right to seek damages––even if you have an airtight case.
The Ramifications of Missing Your Case’s Statutory Deadline
By losing the right to seek damages through the court system:
- The insurance company might deny your claim. If you file outside the two-year statute of limitations, the insurance company may assert that you waited too long to file. It might drag its feet when processing your claim––or even offer less than you deserve.
- You could be forced to pay for your losses yourself. Without having litigation as an option, you could have to pay for your medical bills, lost income, and other related expenses alone.
- You could find yourself in dire financial straits. Medical bills pile up. Time from work leads to lost income. These burdens can hamper your ability to pay rent, afford childcare, and get groceries.
By partnering with our team in a timely manner, you can prevent the statute of limitations from expiring on your case. We can file your lawsuit’s paperwork in accordance with state law to preserve your right to damages.
We Focus on These Practice Areas
Our personal injury team serving Friendswood helps claimants who suffered harm due to:
- Motor vehicle accidents, including those involving trucks, cars, and motorcycles
- Slips and falls
- Premises liability incidents, such as dog bites
- Defective drugs and medical devices
- Medical malpractice
- On-the-job injuries
We also help claimants who have lost loved ones. We are committed to managing your case with the care and tact it deserves. During your free case evaluation, we can discuss your legal options and what measures could benefit you.
We’re Prepared to Pursue Each of Your Injury-Related Expenses
When your case ends, we want you to walk away with the funds you deserve, including:
- Medical bills
- Lost income, tips, bonuses, and employee benefits
- Funeral expenses
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Loss of consortium
- Emotional trauma
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Physical and cognitive disabilities
- Childcare expenses
- Transportation costs
When negotiating with the insurance company, your lawyer will fight for everything you need. They will keep you updated on your case’s progress and alert you to any possible settlement offers.
The Benefits of Partnering with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™
When you partner with our firm, you can expect our team to:
Gather All Necessary Information
From traffic camera footage to eyewitness accounts, we will find the evidence necessary to support your case. With the information we find, we will establish that because another party caused you harm, it owes you financial recovery.
Communicate with the Involved Parties
You don’t have to juggle communications with multiple parties. When the phone rings or a notification dings, you don’t have to answer. Simply forward the message to your lawyer.
We will manage communications with:
- The other party’s lawyers
- The other party
- Eyewitnesses and field consultants
- Accident reconstruction specialists
- Healthcare professionals
File Your Insurance Claim
After reviewing your coverage options, we may find that an insurance settlement is feasible. If so, we will:
- File your claim’s paperwork
- Review the liable policy
- Present the cost of your damages
- Send your demand letter to the liable party
- Use evidence to support your case
- Abide by all necessary deadlines
File Your Lawsuit
We’re proud to resolve many personal injury claims through insurance settlements. However, when the insurance company refuses to settle, we file lawsuits. The subject of your lawsuit could be a motorist, property owner, or another party––it all depends on your situation.
We will support your lawsuit using testimony, admissions made by the other party, and solid evidence. You can trust our team to manage everything your case involves.
Consider Taking These Measures After Getting Hurt
You want the best possible outcome for your case. These measures could help you achieve that.
Keep All Information Related to Your Case
As your case unfolds, hold onto:
- Documents from your healthcare team
- The dates of your doctors’ appointments
- Your injury-related invoices and receipts
- Emails between yourself and the involved parties
If you have to ask yourself: “Would this item benefit my case?” then you should keep it.
Limit What You Share Online
You should keep all information about your situation private. That means only between you and your Friendswood personal injury lawyer. Anything you share publicly or on social media could harm your case’s outcome.
Seek Medical Care
By visiting a healthcare provider after getting injured, you create a link between your accident and the injury itself. This will help when our team negotiates with the liable insurance company or presents your case in court.
Begin Your Free Case Evaluation with Our Injury Firm
Our team serving Galveston County is ready to champion your rights today. With D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ on your side, you can expect comprehensive legal services.
We want to put an end to your uncertainty and anxiety. It’s your turn to get justice. Are you ready? Call today to get started.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Can D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Help Me With My UCLA Sexual Abuse Lawsuit?
- What Will It Cost Me To Hire An Attorney In A Truck Accident Case?
- How Long Do Slip And Fall Injury Cases Take In Texas?
- What’s the Most That a Pedestrian Can Sue for Car Accident Injuries in Texas?
- What Do I Do If I Was a Victim of George Tyndall at USC?