Rollover accidents are often more severe than other types of accidents. They account for almost 35% of fatalities from passenger vehicle accidents, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. If you were injured or lost a loved one in a rollover accident, you could be entitled to financial recovery for damages such as medical care, lost wages, mental anguish, wrongful death, and other losses. A rollover accident lawyer in Houston, TX with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can guide you through the legal process of seeking financial recovery.
Call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
How You May Be Injured in a Rollover Accident
There are a few scenarios in which someone is injured in a rollover accident caused by another’s negligence:
- Your car was struck with such force by another vehicle that it rolled over
- You were a passenger in the rollover car with a negligent driver
- Road debris or other exterior forces contributed to your car rolling over
- Your rollover was caused by a defective part from your vehicle
Serious injuries often occur in a rollover accident. Our lawyers have seen injuries that include:
- Cracked or fractured skull
- Traumatic brain injury
- Broken neck
- Spinal cord trauma
- Internal bleeding and organ loss
These catastrophic injuries lead to exorbitant medical bills. That is why you should not hesitate to consult a lawyer about financial recovery. For a free case evaluation with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, call (713) 850-8600.
How a Lawyer Will Pursue Recovery for You and Your Family
Several factors typically contribute to a rollover accident: speed, alcohol, vehicle type, driver behavior, and location. A rollover accident lawyer in Houston, TX will carefully examine the circumstances around the accident to decide who or what is responsible.
This investigation may include:
- Reviewing police records and witness statements
- Looking at videos or photos of the damaged vehicles, skid marks, tire marks, and other photographic evidence
- Obtaining a description of your injuries
- Obtaining records of the defendant’s driving history, blood alcohol tests (if applicable), and any traffic violations
- Securing expert testimony
If your lawyer suspects that your rollover injuries were caused by a manufacturer’s defect, they will search for recalls and other information that would support a defective product claim.
Putting Your Case Together
Depending on how your accident occurred, several parties may be liable. For example, if your rollover accident was caused by an 18-wheeler that struck your vehicle, it is possible that the truck driver, trucking company, and affiliated businesses may be liable.
A rollover accident lawyer in Houston, TX with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC understands the severity of your situation. We know that you may be facing a lengthy recovery period. You may be understandably upset that this has happened to you and your family.
That is why our lawyers take care to determine the extent and value of your injuries and damages. Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped injured and disabled people obtain recovery when someone has caused them harm.
While you focus on feeling better, your lawyer will:
- Compile your medical bills, pay stubs, and other expenses
- Talk with your healthcare provider (with your permission) about your chances for returning to your pre-accident health and activities
- Assess noneconomic damages such as pain and suffering
- Communicate with the insurance company and the defendant’s lawyer, if applicable
- Submit a detailed claim with the defendant’s auto insurance
- Negotiate for a fair settlement
If your lawyer cannot reach an acceptable settlement, you have the choice of filing a personal injury lawsuit. You have two years from the date of the accident to do so, under TX § 16. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation to find out how we can help. Call (713) 850-8600.
What Types of Damages You Could Recover
Your lawyer will send a detailed claim to the insurance company or prepare a complaint for a trial that includes economic and noneconomic losses.
You could be entitled to recover for damages that include:
- Ambulance and emergency department services
- Hospital stays
- Doctor’s appointments
- Other medical expenses
- Lost wages, both current and future
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Wrongful death
Seeking Recovery for a Wrongful Death from a Rollover Accident
If a family member passed away in a rollover accident, we are deeply sorry for your loss. A rollover accident lawyer in Houston, TX with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will hold the liable party accountable. We will help you pursue recovery for you and other surviving family members.
Wrongful death financial recovery often includes:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium, companionship, protection, or support
- Loss of income
- Medical bills for your loved one until the time of passing
- Funeral and burial costs
Wrongful death lawsuits also have a two-year statute of limitations, but it starts at the time of your loved one’s passing.
We Are Rollover Accident Lawyers in Houston
If you or a family member was involved in a rollover accident caused by negligence, please contact D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation at (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I Sue My Employer If I Am Injured at Work?
- What Qualities Should You Look For When Hiring A Personal Injury Lawyer In Houston?
- What If I’m Injured in A Rental Car Accident in Houston?
- What Is the Value of a Spinal Cord Injury Case in Texas?
- How Do You Document Evidence at The Scene of a Car Accident?