In Texas wrongful death is defined as any loss of life that is the result of “wrongful act, neglect, carelessness, unskillfulness, or default”. If someone’s intentional or reckless actions caused the passing of a family member, you may be entitled to hold the liable party accountable.
A wrongful death lawyer in Humble, TX understands this is a time of sorrow for you and your family. The reality is that your loved one’s passing may bring not only emotional trauma, but financial pressures. This is especially true if they were the primary breadwinner for your family.
Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation: 713-850-8600. You may be entitled to financial recovery.
Select a Law Firm That Understands This Kind of Case
Not all law firms accept wrongful death cases. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC accepts many types of wrongful death cases including:
- Motor vehicle accidents including car, 18-wheeler, truck, bus, motorcycle, bicycle, scooter, and moped collisions
- Pedestrian accidents
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Medical malpractice
- Defective medical parts or prescription drugs
- Slip and fall accidents
- Wrongful acts
- Dog bite and animal attacks
- Workplace accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
A wrongful death lawyer in Humble, TX is your safe and confidential advocate. You should not have to deal with insurance companies or struggle with legal matters during this difficult time. Please let an injury lawyer from our firm help pursue financial recovery for your case, if you qualify.
We Believe That the Liable Party Should Be Held Accountable
Seeking financial recovery may not lessen your sorrow, but it can ease financial pressure following your loved one’s passing. If your loved one was a major contributor to the family income, you could be facing challenging times. Please call a wrongful death lawyer in Humble, TX at 713-850-8600 for a free case evaluation. You could be entitled to financial recovery.
The statute of limitations for injury claims starts with the date of your loved one’s passing. We invite you to call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation.
A Wrongful Death Lawyer in Humble Has Your Best Interests in Mind
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped injured and disabled clients throughout Texas. We have successfully obtained financial recovery in wrongful death cases. While past results do not guarantee future outcomes, we promise that we have your best interests in mind.
You should know that the defendant may try to deny any responsibility for your loved one’s passing. Often, our wrongful death lawyer in Humble will seek financial recovery through the defendant’s insurance. Depending on the circumstances of your loved one’s passing, this may be the defendant’s auto, personal, property, or liability insurance. It is common for an insurance company to try to delay or lowball a claim. We stand up to insurance companies on your behalf.
We Pursue Financial Recovery on a Contingency Basis
A wrongful death lawyer in Humble will pursue recovery for your economic and non-economic losses. There is no predetermined amount awarded in a wrongful death claim. Certain factors, such as your loved one’s age, may influence the amount of financial recovery available. A wrongful death lawyer from our firm will assess your situation and send a claim (or file a lawsuit) for damages such as:
- Medical bills prior to your loved one’s passing
- Funeral and burial costs
- Loss of earning capacity and inheritance including salary, benefits, and other annuities (if they had lived a normal expected lifetime)
- Loss of companionship, protection, guidance, maintenance, support, and counsel
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Filing a wrongful death insurance claim or lawsuit is complex. Our wrongful death lawyer in Humble will be your legal advocate. For a free case evaluation, please call (713) 850-8600.
Proving Liability in a Wrongful Death Case
A wrongful death lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can determine if you qualify for financial recovery. Your lawyer will assess your loved one’s injuries, and the circumstances around your loved one’s passing that led to a loss of life.
There are a few steps to show liability in a wrongful death case. These steps include:
- Establishing that the other party had a duty of care, such as acting in a lawful manner and acting responsibly to avoid the circumstances that led to a loss of life.
- Demonstrating that the other party breached this duty of care in some way, either intentionally or carelessly.
- Proving that the other party’s negligence led to your loved one’s injuries and passing.
- Showing that you and other surviving family members have suffered physical, mental, and financial damages because of your loved one’s untimely passing.
Your loved one’s life was cut short because of someone else’s reckless actions. You deserve to know if you are entitled to financial recovery. A wrongful death lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will help find the liable party accountable. For more information, please call 713-850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Please Let Us Help You in Your Time of Need
We understand that you are mourning. Our lawyers and professional staff will do all they can to make you feel as comfortable as possible during this time. Please call (713) 850-8600 for your free case evaluation. A member of our team can meet with you at our office or at your home, whichever is more convenient.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Do You Have To File a Lawsuit To Recover Damages From an Auto Accident In Texas?
- How Does Maximum Medical Improvement Apply to My Injury Case?
- What If Your Spouse Can No Longer Have Children After a Car Accident?
- What Is the Deadline to File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit from an Auto Accident in Texas?
- What Qualities Should You Look For When Hiring A Personal Injury Lawyer In Houston?