If someone’s reckless act or failure to act caused you to suffer an injury, you deserve to know your legal options. A personal injury lawyer serving Huntsville, TX, with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, can guide you through the process of seeking financial recovery.
Call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation with a member of our team.
We Help With Many Types of Personal Injury Cases
Many people think that auto accidents or accidental falls are the only types of personal injuries in which you can recover damages.
Our personal injury lawyers help clients who are injured or disabled in a wide variety of circumstances, including:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bus accidents
- 18-wheeler and semi-truck accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Head-on collisions with injuries
- Drunk driving (DWI) accidents
- Drowsy driving accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Workplace, construction, and industrial accidents (as outlined in Texas Labor Code)
- Premises liability
- Sexual assault
- Medical malpractice
- Drowning and swimming pool accidents
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Wrongful death
- Dog bites
- Catastrophic injuries
- Defective medical devices
- Defective products, parts, or repairs
If you were injured and it was not your fault, you could be entitled to financial recovery. Call for a free case evaluation and make an informed decision about your case. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, today: (713) 850-8600.
Our Process for Financial Recovery
It is up to you as the injured party, or plaintiff, to show how the other party caused your injuries and ensuing damages. You may not be up to this challenging task, particularly if you are recovering from significant injuries or mourning the loss of a loved one.
Our personal injury lawyers serving Huntsville, TX, have the resources to investigate the cause of your injury, accident, or illness.
This detailed process may include:
- Reviewing police or accident reports
- Obtaining witness statements
- Analyzing photos, videos, or recordings related to the incident
- Consulting your doctor or medical provider to gain a better understanding of your injuries and how they impact your personal and professional future
- Securing testimony, when needed, from medical, vocational, and financial experts to evaluate your damages
- Reviewing of the defendant’s previous history, violations, or criminal record
As you can see, there are many steps in pursuing recovery. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC takes care of these details so you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
Different Methods for Seeking Recovery
Depending on the nature of your injury, our personal injury lawyer serving Huntsville, TX, may seek financial recovery through filing:
- A claim against the defendant’s insurance coverage (for example auto, property, or medical malpractice)
- An individual lawsuit
- A class-action lawsuit if there are numerous plaintiffs
It is our goal to obtain the maximum financial recovery for you or your loved one. Typically, insurance settlements are resolved faster than seeking a verdict from the court. However, if the other party will not negotiate in good faith, we can prepare a strong case to take to court.
Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Cases
Texas statute of limitations allows you two years from the date of the injury to file a personal injury lawsuit. You also have two years from the date of your loved one’s passing to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
If you or a family member were injured and have damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and other losses, please contact D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation. Call today: (713) 850-8600.
Damages in a Personal Injury Case
Personal injury cases typically involve both economic and noneconomic losses. These are also called general and special damages. General damages cover your emotional losses, such as pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and mental anguish. Examples of special damages, meanwhile, are hospital bills, prescription medicine costs, and other specific expenses.
Your individual damages may include some of those listed below or you may have other losses that are unique to your case.
We have successfully recovered damages for clients that include:
- Ambulance and emergency room services
- Imaging tests and scans
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Lifecare costs
- Lost pay
- Diminished earning ability
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Property damage
If you are permanently disabled or will need long-term care because of your injuries, our lawyers may consult subject matter experts. This gives us a better understanding of your medical, vocational, and financial needs. Similarly, we carefully consider the loss of a loved one on your family in terms of lost income, loss of consortium, and other factors.
How We Determine Liability
A personal injury lawyer serving Huntsville, TX, with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, will gather evidence and documentation of your injuries and damages. This will be important information to demonstrate the other party’s liability as we consider the following factors:
- Duty of care is the expected behavior of the defendant to take reasonable, prudent measures to avoid causing you injury.
- Breach of care occurs when the defendant fails to uphold this care through reckless acts or omission.
- Causation is the reasonable conclusion that you were injured because of the defendant’s negligence.
- Damages are the economic and noneconomic losses you sustained because of your injuries.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, Today
A personal injury lawyer serving Huntsville, TX, can protect your rights and help you to pursue the financial recovery you may deserve. To learn more about our services, call for a free case evaluation.
Contact D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, at (713) 850-8600 to find out if you are entitled to financial recovery from a personal injury.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Do You Get For Pain And Suffering After A Car Accident In Texas?
- What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident in Texas
- How Can D. Miller and Associates, PLLC Help Me With My USC Sexual Abuse Lawsuit?
- A Federal Court Has Already Approved a Federal Class Action Settlement, Can I Still Sue USC For Sexual Abuse?
- How Do I Get a Police Report for a Car Accident In Houston?