If someone’s reckless act or failure to act caused you to suffer an injury, you deserve to know your legal options. A personal injury lawyer serving Huntsville, TX with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can guide you through the process of seeking financial recovery.
Call for a free case evaluation with a member of our team.
We Help With Many Types of Personal Injury Cases in Texas
Many people think that auto accidents or accidental falls are the only types of personal injuries in which you can recover damages.
Our personal injury lawyers help clients who are injured or disabled in a wide variety of circumstances, including:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bus accidents
- 18-wheeler and semi truck accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Head-on collisions with injuries
- Drunk driving (DWI) accidents
- Drowsy driving accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Workplace, construction, and industrial accidents (governed by Texas labor code law)
- Premises liability
- Sexual assault
- Medical malpractice
- Drowning and swimming pool accidents
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Wrongful death
- Dog bites
- Catastrophic injuries
- Defective medical devices
- Defective products, parts, or repairs
If you were injured and it was not your fault, you could be entitled to financial recovery. Call for a free case evaluation and make an informed decision about your case. The team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ is ready to help you today.
See What Our Previous Clients Have to Say
We treat you — and every client we represent — with respect and integrity. We work hard to ensure your medical and financial recovery needs are met. Our previous clients say:
- Monica Cardenas: “Dennise…was very knowledgeable, and helpful every step of the way. Especially when it came to the medical treatment. She kept in touch with all details during the duration of the case. I would most def recommend to friends and family.”
- Valente Sanchez: “I couldn’t be happier for choosing this law firm to represent me for my accident. I’m so grateful for Odalis for helping me receive the treatment for my injuries and choosing the right doctors with excellent bedside manners!”
Hear from more of our previous clients and find out how hard our law firm will work for the best possible outcome of your personal injury case on our client testimonials page.
Our Process for Financial Recovery
It is up to you as the injured party, or plaintiff, to show how the other party caused your injuries and ensuing damages. You may not be up to this challenging task, particularly if you are recovering from significant injuries or mourning the loss of a loved one.
Our personal injury lawyers serving Huntsville, TX have the resources to investigate the cause of your injury, accident, or illness.
This detailed process may include:
- Reviewing police or accident reports
- Obtaining witness statements
- Analyzing photos, videos, or recordings related to the incident
- Consulting your doctor or medical provider to gain a better understanding of your injuries and how they impact your personal and professional future
- Securing testimony, when needed, from medical, vocational, and financial experts to evaluate your damages
- Reviewing of the defendant’s previous history, violations, or criminal record
As you can see, there are many steps in pursuing recovery. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ takes care of these details so you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
Let Our Law Firm Handle Evidence Collection
The majority of personal injury cases are settled out of court when compelling evidence is presented to the at-fault party’s insurance company.
To bolster and support your case for financial recovery, the evidence we collect for you will include:
Evidence of the Cause of the Accident
This could include an accident report, animal control report, or an internal incident report. It will also include security, smartphone, dashboard camera, and traffic control photos and videos along with statements from anyone who witnessed your accident.
Evidence of the Cause of Your Injuries and the Costs of Your Treatment Plan
This evidence will include your medical records that detail your injuries and their severity. We will collect your diagnosis reports and the results of any lab tests. We will also collect physical therapy and rehab records.
It is important that you continue to follow your prescribed treatment plan until your health care team reports that you have reached maximum medical improvement. Veering from your treatment plan could be used as proof that your injuries are not as serious as reported, which could potentially jeopardize your case.
Evidence of Additional Accident and Injury-Related Expenses and Losses
This evidence will include proof of your loss of income such as tax records, paycheck stubs, and direct deposit receipts. It will also include receipts and estimates for the cost of repairing or replacing any property that was damaged in the accident.
Evidence of Your Pain and Suffering
Intangible damages like pain and suffering can be difficult to prove on your own. Our personal injury team will use your medical records and bills, written prognosis, and the testimony of medical experts to determine a goal recovery amount for your case. We will also gather photos of your injuries and records of any mental health care and support you require to cope with the physical and emotional aftermath of the accident.
In addition to collecting your evidence, we organize it and submit it on your behalf. We research and investigate each piece of evidence and its relevance to proving and resolving your personal injury case.
Different Methods for Seeking Recovery
Depending on the nature of your injury, our personal injury lawyer serving Huntsville, TX may seek financial recovery through filing:
- A claim against the defendant’s insurance coverage (for example auto, property, or medical malpractice)
- An individual lawsuit
It is our goal to obtain the maximum financial recovery for you or your loved one. Typically, insurance settlements are resolved faster than seeking a verdict from the court. However, if the other party will not negotiate in good faith, we can prepare a strong case to take to court.
Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Cases
Texas law allows you two years from the date of the injury to file a personal injury lawsuit. You also have two years from the date of your loved one’s passing to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
If you or a family member was injured and now face losses such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and other challenges, please contact D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ for a free case evaluation.
Damages in a Personal Injury Case
Personal injury cases typically involve both economic and noneconomic losses. These are also called general and special damages. General damages cover your emotional losses, such as pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and mental anguish. Examples of special damages, meanwhile, are hospital bills, prescription medicine costs, and other specific expenses.
Your individual damages may include some of those listed below or you may have other losses that are unique to your case.
We have successfully recovered damages for clients that include:
- Ambulance and emergency room services
- Imaging tests and scans
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Lifecare costs
- Lost pay
- Diminished earning ability
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Property damage
If you are permanently disabled or will need long-term care because of your injuries, our lawyers may consult subject matter experts. This gives us a better understanding of your medical, vocational, and financial needs. Similarly, we carefully consider the loss of a loved one on your family in terms of lost income, loss of consortium, and other factors.
How We Determine Liability in Your Huntsville Case
A personal injury lawyer serving Huntsville, TX with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ will gather evidence and documentation of your injuries and damages. This will be important information to demonstrate the other party’s liability as we consider the following factors:
- Duty of care is the expected behavior of the defendant to take reasonable, prudent measures to avoid causing you injury.
- Breach of care occurs when the defendant fails to uphold this care through reckless acts or omission.
- Causation is the reasonable conclusion that you were injured because of the defendant’s negligence.
- Damages are the economic and noneconomic losses you sustained because of your injuries.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ Today
A personal injury lawyer serving Huntsville, TX can protect your rights and help you to pursue the financial recovery you may deserve.
Contact D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ to find out more about your next steps.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Long Will My Car Accident Case Take to Settle in Texas?
- How Do Personal Injury Lawyers Get Paid In Texas?
- Do You Have to File a Lawsuit to Recover Damages From an Auto Accident in Texas?
- What If a Family Member Is Too Seriously Injured to Contact a Lawyer?
- How Much Is the USC Sexual Abuse Lawsuit Worth?