Motorists who were driving while intoxicated (DWI) contributed to 24,689 traffic accidents in Texas during 2016. If you were in a car accident caused by a drunk driver, please call our DWI accident and injury lawyers in Atascocita, TX. The law firm of D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can help you pursue compensation for your injuries. For a free case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600.
We Have Recovered More than $250 Million in Settlements and Verdicts
As of 2018, the DWI accident and injury lawyers at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC have recovered more than $280 million for injured and disabled clients. Since 2002, we have proudly pursued fair compensation from insurance companies and other parties. You do not have to endure this challenging time alone. We are here to help.
Your Health Comes First
You might be recuperating from your injuries at home or in the hospital. Car accidents caused by drunk driving often result in serious injuries such as:
|Broken or fractured bones||Concussion and other traumatic brain injuries||Whiplash and other serious neck injuries|
|Spinal cord injuries||Internal bleeding||Damage to skin, muscle, and soft tissue|
|Crush injuries||Nerve damage||Loss of limbs and other body parts|
Even if you did not need emergency medical care immediately after your accident, you should still see a doctor as soon as possible. Do not assume that because you are symptom-free now that you may not suffer from accident-related injuries later. Establishing a record of medical care soon after your accident can help legally tie it to any related injuries that manifest in the future.
A DWI Accident and Injury Lawyer in Atascocita Protects Your Rights as a Victim
DWI is a crime that is punishable by fines, prison time, loss of driving privileges, or a combination of the three. You are considered intoxicated if your blood alcohol concentration is 0.08 grams per deciliter or higher. However, criminal charges or convictions do not include compensation for drunk driving accident victims.
You Should Not Have to Pay for Their Negligence
You are suffering because another driver got behind the wheel despite being intoxicated. As DWI accident and injury lawyers serving Atascocita, we have seen the tragic results of these accidents. Many of our injured clients are left with damaged cars, serious injuries, and even permanent disabilities. Here is how we can help you and your loved ones:
- Conduct a thorough review of your accident
- Gather all expenses, including medical bills, lost wages, and property damage
- Review police reports and witness statements
- Submit a detailed demand of recoverable compensation to the other driver’s insurance company
- Take your case to court if we cannot reach a fair settlement
Dos and Don’ts for Your Claim
- Do keep all your receipts, paystubs, and other proof of accident-related expenses.
- Do tell your lawyer if the insurance company, other parties, or members of the media have contacted you.
- Do follow your doctor’s orders.
- Do not make any statement to the insurance adjuster about your accident.
- Do not post anything about your accident on social media.
Compensation for Your Injuries Is Our Priority
Each drunk driving accident case is unique, and the amount of compensation that may be available varies according to the specifics of your unique situation. It is our experience that insurance companies try to pay as little as possible for claims. Sometimes it takes several attempts at negotiation to arrive at a fair settlement. We pursue compensation for expenses that might include:
- Ambulance and emergency room costs
- Doctor bills
- Rehabilitative therapy
- Lost work days
- Private property damage
- Car rental or alternative transportation
- Pain and suffering
- Temporary or permanent disability
Drunk Driving Is the Leading Cause of Accident Fatalities
According to the organization Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD), a life is lost to drunk driving every 51 minutes. If a loved one passed away because of a drunk driver, we can file a wrongful death lawsuit for surviving spouses, parents, or children in pursuit of compensation to ease the financial burden of your loved one’s passing.
Learn More About How a DWI Accident and Injury Lawyer in Atascocita, TX, May Be Able to Help
The legal team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has seen the physical, emotional, and financial trauma caused by drunk driving. We will pursue the compensation you are entitled to receive. For a free case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Is the Average Time to Settle a Personal Injury Case in Texas?
- What Happens If You Get In An Accident Without A License In Texas?
- Does the At-Fault Party’s Insurance Pay Your Car Accident Damages in Texas?
- Do Insurance Companies Pay For Pain And Suffering?
- What’s The Average Wrongful Death Settlement In Texas?