Another person’s careless act can turn your world upside down. If you are suffering because of someone’s negligent act or omission, you might be entitled to financial recovery. One of our personal injury lawyers serving Midland can help you seek damages and justice from a negligent person or party. This assistance includes collecting evidence, filing insurance claims, and taking your case to court, if necessary.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ to learn more and speak to a member of our team for a free case evaluation.
When You Should Call a Personal Injury Law Firm
Time is precious after an accident or injury. Get medical care right away by calling 9-1-1 for life-threatening injuries. See your doctor or healthcare provider as soon as you can if your injuries are not as urgent.
After you have been examined by a medical professional, we invite you to call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ for a free case evaluation. Should you decide to move forward, our legal team can start to help you recover damages from all liable parties.
Texas law has a two-year statute of limitations (Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003) to file a personal injury lawsuit. Please do not let the clock run out on pursuing damages. If you wait too long, you could lose your right to fight for a financial recovery.
Why Call a Personal Injury Lawyer
You may pursue a recovery, file an insurance claim, and even file a personal injury lawsuit without hiring a lawyer. However, Texas liability and negligence laws are complex. You might find yourself with more questions than answers, and if you are still recovering from your injury, the task can be overwhelming.
You have the option of hiring a personal injury lawyer serving Midland to help you recover damages. There are a number of benefits if you choose a lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™:
- Free case evaluation at your home, the hospital, our office, or over the phone
- A legal team that is ready to fight for you and your loved ones
- Personalized, compassionate client service
- Clear communication and updates
You can learn more about our services when you call for a free case evaluation with a member of our team.
Consulting a Lawyer’s Team Before Speaking to an Insurance Adjuster
Some insurance companies make it difficult for injured people to get the financial recovery they need. They may delay the process, downplay your injuries, or even deny your claim with the hope that you will simply give up.
You never have to accept an insurance company’s settlement if you believe it will not cover your expenses. An attorney might be able to give you a better understanding of what you may be entitled to.
An attorney on your side can stand up to the insurance company on your behalf. This gives you the time you deserve to focus on feeling better.
- Obtain evidence and testimony to show how the other party is responsible for your injuries
- Request files and legal documents that give us information on the other party
- Gain a better understanding of your injuries and how they may prevent you from working or returning to certain activities
- Represent you to the insurance company or the court, if necessary
You have rights as a victim of a personal injury, and those rights deserve protection and preservation.
Let Our Personal Injury Team Take the Lead
Insurance companies often make a speedy offer after an accidental injury. When the injuries you sustain in an accident prevent you from working, it can be tempting to accept the first offer the at-fault party’s insurer makes. This can be costly for you for the following reasons:
- It takes time to understand all the costs related to your current and future medical bills, property damage, and other costs. An offer that is made too soon after the accident does not take all these losses into consideration.
- Accepting a speedy but flawed offer can mean you are left with uncovered and out-of-pocket expenses for medical care and other expenses you will require after your case is resolved.
A signed settlement agreement is legal and binding — and final. You will not be able to request additional damages at a later date. You avoid this costly consequence by letting one of our personal injury lawyers handle your case right from the beginning.
Personal Injury Resolution Timeline in Midland
Many people who suffer an accidental injury have the same questions and concerns about their case. You may want to know how much your case is worth and how long it will take to receive a settlement.
The answers to both of these questions are subjective. A personal injury lawyer from our team will clarify the damages you are entitled to recover and a goal amount for your recovery. While we cannot give you a specific date your case will settle or go to court, we will also explain the potential timeline of your case.
It will be affected by:
- The time it takes to investigate your accident
- The time it takes to collect supporting evidence
- The number of rounds of negotiations we undergo
You also play a role in the timeline of your case because you, not us, have the final say in accepting or rejecting a settlement offer. Our goal is to ensure you have the information you need to make a well-informed decision.
We Handle Many Types of Personal Injury Cases
Some law firms only accept a few types of injury cases. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ tackles cases in such areas as:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- 18-wheeler and semi truck accidents
- Head-on collision with injuries
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Bus accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Defective or dangerous medicines or devices
- Dog bites
- Sexual abuse, assault, or harassment
- Sex trafficking
- Construction and workplace accidents
- Whiplash injuries
- Slip and fall accidents
- Swimming pool accidents and drowning
- Medical malpractice
- Wrongful death
- Premises liability
Many of the above personal injury cases can be successfully resolved without going to court. However, we can litigate the case if we are unable to arrive at a fair settlement with the insurance company.
We Establish Liability
There are certain elements needed to show how the defendant (the other party) is responsible for your injuries. A personal injury lawyer can consider the circumstances of your case based on these elements:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care to take reasonable measures and avoid injuring you.
- The defendant breached this duty of care in some manner.
- This breach caused the plaintiff’s injury.
- You have damages from these physical and emotional injuries.
In some personal injury cases, there is more than one liable party. We can identify all liable parties and determine their direct or indirect involvement.
What Damages You Might Recover in a Personal Injury Case
A personal injury lawyer from our team will take a close look at your damages for both your physical and emotional injuries.
Each case is different, but here is a list of compensatory damages that might be involved in your financial recovery:
- Medical treatment (present and future)
- Lifecare expenses
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning ability due to injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there were almost 200,100 deaths from unintentional injuries. If you lost a loved one in an accident caused by another’s negligence, you might be entitled to damages from a wrongful death suit. We can help you and other surviving family members through this process.
See Why Previous Clients Recommend Our Personal Injury Law Firm
Our law firm works hard for every client we represent. Of our legal service and support, clients we have helped in the past say the following:
- Wayne Peacock: “I have nothing but positive things to say. The people there are always friendly and do their best to answer any questions to the best of their ability. I would strongly recommend this firm for any of your personal injury or any other claims you may have.”
- Amber Wright: “D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has done everything possible to help me and my family after my car accident…They got me the medical care I needed took care of things when I couldn’t…If you’re ever looking for someone that will put up a good fight when you can’t these are the people who look to.”
When you are injured by someone else’s negligence, our law firm never stops fighting for your right to financial recovery. We ensure your case gets the attention to detail that leads to an effective resolution for you.
Call Today for a Free Case Evaluation
If you or a loved one suffered harm from someone’s negligence, a personal injury lawyer serving Midland might be able to help you recover damages.
Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ today. Call for your free case evaluation with a member of our team.