Another person’s careless act can turn your world upside down. If you are suffering because of someone’s negligent act or omission, you might be entitled to financial recovery.
A personal injury lawyer serving Midland can help you seek damages and justice from a negligent person or party. This assistance includes collecting evidence, filing insurance claims, and taking your case to court, if necessary.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ to learn more. Call (713) 850-8600 to speak to a member of our team for a free case evaluation.
When You Should Call a Personal Injury Law Firm
Time is precious after an accident or injury. Get medical care right away by calling 9-1-1 for life-threatening injuries. See your doctor or healthcare provider as soon as you can if your injuries are not as urgent.
After you have been examined by a medical professional, we invite you to call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ for a free case evaluation. Should you decide to move forward, our legal team can start to help you recover damages from all liable parties.
Texas law has a two-year statute of limitations(§16.003) to file a personal injury lawsuit. Please do not let the clock run out on pursuing damages.
If you wait too long, you could lose your right to fight for financial recovery.
Why Call a Personal Injury Lawyer
You may pursue recovery, file an insurance claim, and even file a personal injury lawsuit without hiring a lawyer. However, Texas liability and negligence laws are complex. You might find yourself with more questions than answers, and if you are still recovering from your injury, the task can be overwhelming.
You have the option of hiring a personal injury lawyer serving Midland to help you recover damages.
There are a number of benefits if you choose a lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™:
- Free case evaluation at your home, the hospital, our office, or over the phone.
- A legal team that is ready to fight for you and your loved ones.
- Personalized, compassionate client service.
- Clear communication and updates.
For a free case evaluation with a member of our team, call (713) 850-8600 today.
Consulting a Lawyer Before Speaking to an Insurance Adjuster
Some insurance companies make it difficult for injured people to get the financial recovery they need. They may delay the process, downplay your injuries, or even deny your claim with the hope that you will simply give up.
You never have to accept an insurance company’s settlement if you believe it will not cover your expenses. An attorney might be able to give you a better understanding of what you may be entitled to.
An attorney on your side can stand up to the insurance company on your behalf. This gives you the time you deserve to focus on feeling better.
- Obtain evidence and testimony to show how the other party is responsible for your injuries.
- Request files and legal documents that give us information on the other party.
- Gain a better understanding of your injuries and how they may prevent you from working or returning to certain activities.
- Represent you to the insurance company or the court, if necessary.
You have rights as a victim of a personal injury that deserve protection and preservation.
We Handle Many Types of Personal Injury Cases
Some law firms limit the type of case they accept. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ tackles cases in such areas as:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- 18-wheeler and semi truck accidents
- Head-on collision with injuries
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Bus accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Defective or dangerous medicines or devices
- Dog bites
- Sexual abuse, assault, or harassment
- Sex trafficking
- Construction and workplace accidents
- Whiplash injuries
- Slip and fall accidents
- Swimming pool accidents and drowning
- Medical malpractice
- Wrongful death
- Premises liability
Many of the above personal injury cases successfully resolve cases without going to court. However, we can litigate the case if we are unable to arrive at a fair settlement with the insurance company.
We Establish Liability
There are certain elements needed to show how the defendant (the other party) is responsible for your injuries. A personal injury lawyer can consider the circumstances of your case based on these elements:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care to take reasonable measures and avoid injuring you.
- The defendant breached this duty of care in some manner.
- This breach caused the plaintiff’s injury.
- You have damages from these physical and emotional injuries.
In some personal injury cases, there is more than one liable party. We can identify all liable parties and determine their direct or indirect involvement.
What Damages You Might Recover in a Personal Injury Case
A personal injury lawyer will take a close look at your damages for both your physical and emotional injuries.
Each case is different, but here is a list of compensatory damages that might be involved in your financial recovery:
- Medical treatment (present and future)
- Lifecare expenses
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning ability due to injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there were almost 170,000 deaths from unintentional injuries. If you lost a loved one in an accident caused by another’s negligence, you might be entitled to damages from a wrongful death suit. We can help you and other surviving family members through this process.
Call Today for a Free Case Evaluation
If you or a loved one suffered harm from someone’s negligence, a personal injury lawyer serving Midland might be able to help you recover damages.
Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ today. Call (713) 850-8600 for your free case evaluation with a member of our team.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Should I Ask for in a Personal Injury Settlement?
- What Should You Do After a Slip and Fall Accident?
- How Soon Do You Need to File A Claim After A Bicycle Accident in Texas?
- What Do I Do If I Was a Victim of George Tyndall at USC?
- Can I Sue for Lost Wages Resulting from a Truck Accident in Houston?