There are many reasons to call a car accident lawyer serving Austin. You may not have the legal knowledge to fully exert and protect your rights. You might be recuperating from severe injuries and are simply not feeling well enough. Another reason is to even the playing field: the defendant’s insurance company likely has many lawyers on its side.
If you were recently injured in a car accident, you can seek financial recovery, and we can help.
A Car Accident Lawyer Can Help Hold a Negligent Driver Accountable
A careless driver can upend your life in a second. A car accident attorney serving Austin cannot take away the trauma of a collision but can seek your financial recovery from the responsible party. You may qualify for recovery if the other driver is primarily responsible for the accident.
A car accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ pursues recovery for you by:
- Showing that the at-fault driver owed you a duty to obey traffic laws and take reasonable measures to avoid the collision
- Proving that the driver did not uphold this duty of care in some manner (such as driving while distracted)
- Demonstrating that this breach of duty resulted in the accident, your injuries, and damages such as medical bills and pain and suffering.
If you have been injured in a car accident, you deserve to have a car accident lawyer on your side. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ for a free case evaluation.
Our Attorneys Use Strong Evidence to Build Your Case
A solid injury case depends on solid evidence. Our team will gather evidence from sources such as:
- Eyewitness statements
- Traffic camera footage
- Surveillance footage
- Police reports
- Medical records
- Black box data
When we approach the liable party’s representatives to seek the recovery you need, we will have our evidence in hand. Then, we can negotiate the settlement you deserve or take your case to trial.
Why Choose D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ for Your Car Accident Case?
Our attorneys take pride in serving car accident victims in Austin and across Texas. Consider these reasons to choose our team:
- We’ll meet you where you are: You may not be able to travel because of your injuries—and that’s okay. We will meet you where it’s convenient for you, whether at home or in the hospital.
- We’ll help you with your appointments: The day-to-day tasks after a car accident can be overwhelming. We can help you make the doctors’ appointments you need for your recovery.
- We offer free consultations 24/7: Our team offers free consultations so you can learn more about your options. During this risk-free call, you can ask any and all questions you have about your case.
Our goal is to make your legal process as smooth as possible. We will support you through every step of the process.
Costly Injuries from a Car Accident in Austin
If you have not seen a doctor yet, please do not delay. A doctor can help determine if your injuries are related to the accident.
Many people think they are not entitled to financial recovery from the at-fault party’s insurance company for the costs of medical bills when they use their own health insurance. However, even if you use your own health insurance, you could still end up owing copayments and deductibles. If you were taken to a hospital that is out of your network, you may even owe more than you originally thought. You should not have to pay for another driver’s negligent or careless acts.
Some of the common types of injuries that result from a car accident include:
- Skull fractures and traumatic brain injuries
- Herniated disks
- Internal bleeding
- Broken or fractured bones
- Sprains and strains
- Back injuries
In addition to physical injury, you may experience emotional trauma. Often, car accident victims have told us that they are unable to sleep or concentrate. A car accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ will help seek recovery for you, so you can focus on feeling better.
Forms of Financial Recovery You Could Seek After a Car Accident
After a car accident that someone else caused, you could seek a financial recovery for many costs and losses related to the accident.
You may recover a variety of losses, such as:
- Medical bills: Whether you had a case of whiplash or faced a significant brain injury, your medical costs could run into thousands of dollars. You could recover the costs of your hospitalizations, medications, surgeries, physical therapy or rehabilitation, emergency room care, and more.
- Lost wages: If you missed paychecks because of your injuries, this loss could be recoverable.
- Reduced earning capacity: In some situations, you will need to take a different job or reduce your hours because of new limitations related to your injury. This loss is recoverable.
- Pain and suffering: You might be facing serious pain or other challenges to your well-being.
- Wrongful death damages: Your family could receive damages if you lost a loved one in a car accident. This could reflect the costs of funeral bills, medical bills, and more.
How Much Could I Recover?
The amount you ultimately receive in a settlement or award could depend on several factors. A lawyer from our team can walk you through these factors and explain what they could mean for your potential settlement or award amount. These factors include:
- How seriously you were injured
- The cost of your medical bills
- To what extent the injury affected your career and your life
Of course, this doesn’t mean that you can only seek recovery if you have major injuries. Even if you consider your injuries more moderate, you could receive more than you realize. We recommend getting a consultation from our team to learn more about your options and the damages you could seek.
Our Law Firm Handles Many Kinds of Motor Vehicle Accidents
If you were injured or lost a loved one in a motor vehicle accident, talk to injury lawyers who handle these types of cases. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ accepts many kinds of motor vehicle accidents, including:
- 18-wheeler and semi-truck accidents
- Motorcycle, moped, and bicycle accidents
- Accidents caused by drunk drivers
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end accidents
- Hit and runs
- Rollover accidents
A car accident lawyer serving Austin will seek recovery as soon as you contact us. However, under Texas law, you generally have only two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. For a free case evaluation, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™.
Suggested Steps After a Car Accident
If you have been involved in a car accident, your first action should be to seek medical attention. It is essential you follow your healthcare provider’s recommendations. As soon as possible, call our team serving Austin.
Our car accident lawyers advise you to take the following actions:
- Do not talk to the insurance adjuster; instead, give the company the name and phone number of your car accident lawyer.
- Do not accept any payment from the insurance company.
- Keep all bills related to the accident, such as medical expenses, car repair, and others.
- Give your lawyer permission to talk to your healthcare provider about your injuries and expected prognosis.
- Avoid posting pictures or comments about the accident on social media accounts, as it may jeopardize the outcome of your case.
- If you did contact the police after the accident, obtain a copy of the accident report. Per the City of Austin, you could get your crash report in person or online.
A car accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ is your safe and confidential legal advocate.
Why We Recommend That You do Not Talk to the Insurance Adjuster Alone
In our experience, some insurance companies are more interested in being frugal rather than giving you a fair settlement. For this and other reasons, a car accident lawyer serving Austin will strongly caution you against talking to an insurance adjuster on your own. Some insurance adjusters can be aggressive or ask leading questions about the accident. They may try to get you upset or angry so that you will say something rash that the insurer can use against you later in your case.
You also should not talk to the insurance adjuster if you are taking certain medications. Some pain medications can make you loopy or sleepy. You do not want to say anything, however innocent, that can give the insurance company cause to deny your claim.
Our Car Accident Lawyers Understand Your Situation
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ has focused on helping people who have been injured or disabled by someone’s reckless behavior. We know that you are hurting and may be facing a long recuperation from your injuries. A car accident lawyer serving Austin can pursue financial recovery so you can rest and feel better.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Should I Ask for in a Personal Injury Settlement?
- Who Is at Fault in a Right Turn Car Accident?
- Can I Sue My Employer if I Am Injured at Work?
- Do You Need a Car Accident Attorney to Recover Money for Property Damage?
- What Happens If You Were Breaking a Texas Bicycle Law During Your Accident Injury?