When you suffer injuries in a car accident, the damages you take on are more than physical. The anxiety overpaying medical expenses, on top of your standard living expenses—all while missing days at work—can prove overwhelming.
A D. Miller & Associates, PLLC car accident lawyer serving El Paso can relieve you of this burden. We will make ourselves accessible to you for every question, thought, or concern you have regarding your injuries and how to obtain recovery from the party who caused them.
There were almost 19,000 accidents in El Paso County in 2017 alone, according to the Texas Department of Transportation. If you or a loved one suffered from an accident, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today: (713) 850-8600.
What a Car Accident Lawyer Does
When you hire D. Miller & Associates, PLLC to handle your personal injury claim, we will handle every aspect of your case. Our efforts will include:
- Evaluating your injuries based on photos, medical records, and accounts from your physician
- Determining who is at fault for your car accident
- Calculating the damages you have suffered, as well as the losses you will sustain in the future
- Communicating and negotiating with the insurance adjuster
- Keep you up to date on case-related benchmarks, milestones, obstacles, and our strategies for overcoming them
Most of all, we are here to ensure that your rights as a personal injury victim are protected. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today at (713) 850-8600 so we can evaluate your case and discuss with you your legal options.
How Negligence Can Cause Car Accidents
Many forms of negligence can serve as the catalyst for a car accident. Any time an individual or entity behaves in a way that puts your safety at risk, they have behaved negligently and could be held liable for your damages.
Many types of car accidents in El Paso are caused by the following types of negligence:
- Driving while intoxicated
- Passing in a no-passing zone
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Driving while distracted
- Passing in a no-passing zone
- Failing to check before entering a roadway
- Road rage
- Driving while fatigued
- Driving at excessive speeds
- Poor road conditions
- Inadequate lighting
- Road construction
- Debris on the road
- Defective car parts (like airbags, tires, brakes, etc.)
- Driving while under the influence
The legal team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has handled many different types of car accidents over the years, helping countless victims get the recovery they need and deserve after suffering injuries in these collisions.
We handle accidents well beyond the standard two-car accident, including collisions involving:
- 18-wheelers and semi-trucks
- Uber, Lyft, and other rideshare companies
- Hit and runs
- Pedestrian accidents
A Note of Caution About Working with the Insurance Company
Some car accident victims are surprised when they receive a phone call from the insurance company, offering to write them a check for their damages. While it is easy to be thrown off by this seemingly generous gesture, be aware that insurance companies can sometimes lowball your initial offer.
Insurance companies are in the business of making profits—like any other business. By offering you a settlement right out of the gate, they are saving on the internal costs associated with a settlement negotiation, especially if the case ends up in civil court.
Furthermore, these carriers have lots of experience and technology that helps them quickly assess the amount you are likely due, based on the nature of the accident and your injuries. They want to surprise you with an offer before you have had a chance to determine what kinds of damages you are eligible to receive.
Your best bet is to politely convey that you will need to discuss the matter with your lawyer. Do not share any information or details regarding your accident or your injuries, as the insurance company can and will use what you say against you later in the process.
Building Your Case with Evidence
The legal team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC knows that a strong case is built on a foundation of solid evidence. When you hire us to represent you in your personal injury matter, we will begin by launching a private investigation of your car accident.
During this investigation, we will:
- Collect evidence from the accident scene
- Interview witnesses
- Gather photos and videos (perhaps from nearby surveillance cameras)
- Obtain a copy of the police accident report
- Get copies of all your medical records
- Request wage statements from your employer
This evidence will support not only our arguments establishing liability but also our claim for damages. We will make every effort to ensure that your case is built on a compelling set of facts that insurance companies, judges, and juries will find difficult to ignore.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today so we can begin investigating your case while the evidence to support it is plentiful and fresh. Call us at (713) 850-8600.
Damages You May Recover in Your Car Accident Case
Once we have gathered all the facts to establish negligence, our legal team will focus on the task of constructing your demand letter. This letter will itemize all your losses related to the car accident, and we will present it to the insurance company. Typically, the negotiation process follows, wherein our lawyers will fight aggressively to get you the maximum recovery for your injuries and related damages.
While every case is different, some common types of damages you may recover include:
- Medical expenses (past, future, and ongoing)
- Lost income and benefits
- Prescription medicines
- Lab and imaging costs
- Physical therapy/rehabilitation
- Diminished future potential earnings
- Replacement services (housekeeping, lawn maintenance, etc.)
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Diminished enjoyment of life
Call our office today so we can arrange for a free, no-obligation legal consultation and give you an idea of the potential for recoverable damages in your car accident case.
Get Help from a Car Accident Lawyer Serving El Paso Today
If you have sustained physical injuries in a car accident in El Paso, let D. Miller & Associates, PLLC fight for your right to recovery from the party responsible for your injury.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 to see how a car accident lawyer serving El Paso can help with your case. Know that the statute of limitations imposed by the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code Sec. 16 limits how long we have to act.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What if You Have Trouble Paying Medical Bills After a Serious Car Accident?
- What Happens When You Get Into A Car Accident With No Insurance In Texas?
- What Is the Average Time to Settle a Personal Injury Case in Texas?
- How Do You Go About Getting Compensated For A Car Accident Injury In Texas?
- How Much of a Settlement Should I Expect for A Herniated Disk?