You could be entitled to compensation for your bicycle accident injuries. Motorists in Texas must treat bicyclists with the same consideration as another vehicle. If you were hurt because of a careless driver, you might be able to recover damages for medical bills, lost pay, and other expenses.
You should be aware that there is a time limit on filing an insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit. A bicycle accident lawyer in Galveston, TX is a reliable source of information about your legal options. To schedule a free, no-obligation case evaluation with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, please call (713) 850-8600.
Bicycle Accident Injuries Are Often Extensive and Expensive
According to the American Association of Family Physicians, bicyclists who are struck by cars suffer the most extensive, life-threatening injuries. These injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries including contusion, fracture, concussion, or hemorrhage
- Facial and dental lacerations
- Rib and lung injuries
- Trauma and damage to the heart, pancreas, liver, kidney, or spleen
- Abrasions and lacerations (“road rash”)
- Crushed, broken, or fractured bones
Any catastrophic injury will result in a lengthy hospital stay, followed by therapy and other rehabilitative treatment. These medical bills, combined with not being able to work, can make your financial situation stressful. That is why you should contact a bicycle accident lawyer in Galveston, TX who will pursue compensation on your behalf. For a free case evaluation, please call (713) 850-8600.
We Will Hold the Liable Party Accountable
Our bicycle accident lawyers in Galveston, TX will pursue compensation for you from the liable party. First, we review the circumstances around your bicycle accident to find out who is liable.
There are four steps to show liability:
- The other person, or defendant, had a duty of care to be a responsible motorist.
- The defendant was negligent in not upholding this duty of care.
- The defendant’s negligence caused the accident and injuries to you, the plaintiff.
- The plaintiff has damages in the form of medical bills, lost pay, pain and suffering, and other losses.
During your free case evaluation, a bicycle accident lawyer from our firm will need certain information from you. This will help your lawyer prove liability and begin the process to recover compensation that might be available to you. This information may include:
- Your detailed account of the accident
- Any photos or videos you may have
- Correspondence from the driver’s insurance company, if available
- All medical bills and other expenses to date
- Photo ID
The sooner you call, the faster we begin recovering damages on your behalf if you qualify. To schedule a free case evaluation with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC please call (713) 850-8600.
Our Process for Recovering Damages
Since 2002, the law firm of D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped thousands of injured men and women in Galveston and throughout Texas. We have recovered compensation through insurance settlements and verdicts. While our past success does not guarantee future results, rest assured that our legal team has the knowledge and resources to pursue compensation. Our bicycle accident lawyers in Galveston are skilled negotiators and understand the complexities of liability laws.
Each bicycle accident case is different, but typically our process for recovering damages includes:
- Assessing your injuries and current health status.
- Compiling all bills and expenses.
- Reviewing police reports, witness statements, and other accident information.
- Communicating with your healthcare provider about your expected prognosis.
- Submitting a detailed claim and letter to the liable party’s insurance company.
- Negotiating with the insurance adjuster for maximum compensation.
You also have the choice of filing a lawsuit. You have two years from the date of the accident. We look forward to helping you recover the damages that you could receive. For a free case evaluation, please call (713) 850-8600.
Recoverable Damages for Your Bicycle Accident Injuries
Your bicycle accident lawyer will seek compensatory damages that are a direct result of the accident. You should know that our bicycle accident lawyers seek compensation for your injuries, not criminal action against the liable party. You have the right to seek compensation whether there are criminal charges or not.
Typical Compensatory Damages From a Bicycle Accident
These damages may include:
- Medical bills (doctor visits, tests, prescriptions, hospitalization, etc.)
- Ongoing treatment (for example, rehabilitative therapy for a broken leg)
- Lost pay
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Reduced earning ability
We Treat Clients With Personal Attention and Compassion
As a valued client, you may expect personal attention, prompt communication, and compassion for your physical and emotional distress. You deserve the best legal service available, delivered by some of the friendliest people you have ever met. Several of our clients have been kind enough to share their experience on our website. Their testimonials are available here.
As bicycle accident lawyers in Galveston, we have helped severely injured clients recover their rightful compensation. We understand that you may be in pain and are frustrated with the situation that someone’s negligence caused. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for your free case evaluation. Call (713) 850-8600.
Keep Texas Bicyclists Safe
Texas treats bicycles like any other vehicle, so it is important to know the rules of the road.
Responsible Bicycle Riders Always:
- Wear a helmet
- Obey red lights and stop signs
- Use hand signals for turns and stops
- Have a white headlamp and red rear lamp or reflector visible from 500 feet away
- Ride only where designated – the far-right hand side of the road (whether there is a bike lane or not) unless turning left
If you were injured in a bicycle accident, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC. For a free consultation with our bicycle accident lawyers in Galveston, please call (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Can You Recover for a Wrongful Death From a Truck Accident in Texas?
- Is It Too Late to Sue USC for the George Tyndall Sexual Abuse Lawsuit?
- How Should You Deal With Your Insurance Company After an Auto Accident?
- What Is a Deposition & How Do They Affect Personal Injury Cases?
- What Happens If You Can No Longer Work After a Car Accident?