Galveston is a beautiful place to live, but it can be a dangerous place to walk. According to 2015 data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), Texas is among the ten most dangerous states for pedestrians.
If you were hurt in a motor vehicle versus pedestrian accident, you deserve to know your legal options. This includes your right to pursue compensation if you qualify. A pedestrian accident lawyer in Galveston, TX knows liability laws and can tell you if you are entitled to recover compensation. For a free case evaluation, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
How a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Galveston Helps You
You could be entitled to recover damages for medical bills and other expenses that were caused by a negligent driver. Pedestrian accident injuries can be life-threatening. The NHTSA states that there were 537 pedestrian fatalities in Texas for 2015.
Common Pedestrian Accident Injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
- Skull fractures, contusions, or concussions
- Spine and neck injury
- Broken, crushed, or fractured bones
- Abrasions and lacerations
- Facial and dental fractures
- Ruptured organs
- Internal bleeding
The driver who struck you could be liable for damages. You do not have to worry about understanding liable laws or statutes. A pedestrian accident lawyer in Galveston, TX will be your advocate and work to recover the compensation you may be entitled to receive. For a free case evaluation with a pedestrian accident lawyer in Galveston, TX from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, please call (713) 850-8600.
A Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Galveston Finds Out Who Is Responsible
Drivers have a responsibility to be aware of pedestrians, particularly in areas where people typically travel on foot. These areas include schools, parks, stores, and places of worship. Pedestrians also must use sidewalks and crosswalks when available. You could qualify for compensation if the driver is primarily responsible for the accident.
A pedestrian accident lawyer from our firm will evaluate your injuries, medical expenses, and investigate the circumstances of your accident. This investigation may include:
- Review of police and accident reports, witness statements, and red-light camera footage if available
- Assess the motorist’s driving record
- Photograph the accident site
- Reconstruct the accident if needed
- Determine if there were violations in state, city, or local traffic laws
Proving Liability in a Pedestrian Accident Case
A pedestrian accident lawyer in Galveston from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC does not have to prove that the driver is “guilty.” Instead, a lawyer from our firm will show that it is more likely than not that the driver caused the accident, your injuries, and all related expenses.
A pedestrian accident lawyer will consider the following when proving liability:
- The driver had a duty of care to avoid the accident.
- The driver did not uphold this duty of care.
- This accident injured the pedestrian.
- These injuries resulted in physical, emotional, and financial damages.
After a medical professional examines you for your injuries, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation. Our pedestrian accident lawyers will protect your rights and pursue compensation if you qualify. Call (713) 850-8600 to schedule a free case evaluation.
Potential Compensation for Pedestrian Accident Injuries and Damages
It is important that you keep all bills and records related to your accident. A pedestrian accident lawyer from our firm will need these as evidence of your financial damages. You are also allowed to seek compensation for physical and psychological injuries.
Each pedestrian accident case is different, but common damages include:
- Medical bills (including ambulance, emergency department, hospitalization, doctors and specialists, rehabilitative therapy, and prescriptions)
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Partial or total paralysis
- Reduced earning potential
- Mental anguish
- Reimbursement or replacement of personal items (purse, cell phone, eyeglasses, etc.)
A pedestrian accident lawyer in Galveston will send your bills and a detailed letter to the driver’s insurance company. Our legal team members are superb negotiators who will do all they can to maximize your potential compensation. You should not have to deal with an insurance adjuster. Let us pursue compensation while you recuperate and feel better. Please call our pedestrian accident lawyers for a free case evaluation. Call (713) 850-8600.
We Can Take Your Case to Trial if Necessary
- Miller & Associates, PLLC can often recover compensation for our clients through insurance settlements. If we cannot reach an acceptable settlement, we could take your case to trial. You should understand that filing a lawsuit is not a guarantee of a winning verdict. You also have just two years to sue a negligent driver in Texas. It is important that you do not run out of time to take advantage of your legal rights.
Please call our pedestrian accident lawyers in Galveston for a free case evaluation. Please call (713) 850-8600.
We Invite You to Meet Our Team
Since 2002 D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped injured and disabled people recover compensation from personal injuries and accidents. We know that this might be the first time you have ever needed a lawyer. You might be recuperating at home or the hospital, and not feeling as well as you would like. Our team is committed to expert legal representation with excellent client service.
What You Can Expect as Our Client
- Personal care and attention
- Promptly returned phone calls and updates
- Experience in many types of personal injury cases including pedestrian accidents
- Vigorous pursuit of available compensation for your physical, mental, and financial damages
- Free case evaluation
- Contingency basis representation
A pedestrian accident lawyer in Galveston, TX can help you recover compensation if you qualify. For a free case evaluation, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What’s The Average Wrongful Death Settlement In Texas?
- What Do I Do If I Was a Victim of Sexual Assault While in College?
- Can You Sue Walmart If You Slip and Fall in A Texas Store?
- How Soon Do You Need to File A Claim After A Bicycle Accident in Texas?
- Are Trucking Companies Required By Texas Law To Have Full Coverage Insurance?