Tractor-trailers (also called 18-wheelers and semi-trucks) require special training to operate. We expect that tractor-trailer drivers are careful drivers who take reasonable measures to avoid harming other people. If they fail to do so, it may be time to hire a tractor-trailer accident lawyer in Houston, TX.
You deserve to know your legal rights, including the right to pursue damages for your medical bills, lost pay, mental anguish, and other losses. However, you may not be feeling well enough to take on this challenge alone. That is why we invite you to call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ today for a free case evaluation.
Our tractor-trailer accident lawyers can protect your rights and seek financial recovery while you focus on your health and well-being. Please call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation with a member of our team.
Reasons to Hire a Tractor-Trailer Accident Lawyer
If you were hurt in a tractor-trailer accident that was not your fault, there are many benefits to hiring a lawyer. However, tractor-trailer trucking firms carry large insurance policies because injuries from these accidents are usually severe. If you know anything about insurance companies, you know that sometimes they try to downplay claims or make lowball offers.
That is why many injured people take a proactive approach and have an attorney protect their rights from the very start of the financial recovery process.
A tractor-trailer accident lawyer in Houston, TX can:
- Gather evidence of liability and proof of damages.
- File and manage your insurance claim.
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster for the best possible outcome.
- Prepare your case for court if negotiations break down.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ takes care of the many details so that you may focus on recovering from your injuries. Since 2002, our firm has helped many clients who were harmed by someone’s careless act. It would be our honor to help you and your loved ones. Call today for a free case evaluation at (713) 850-8600.
When to Call a Tractor-Trailer Accident Law Firm
Like other states, Texas imposes a deadline, or statute of limitations, for filing personal injury lawsuits. Under Civil Practice and Remedies Code §16.003, you have two years from the date you were injured to take legal action.
There are other reasons why you should contact a tractor-trailer accident lawyer as soon as you can:
- Valuable evidence, such as skid marks or road debris, can erode or be removed.
- Witnesses can move or pass away before they can be interviewed, or their original statements can be confirmed.
- You have financial losses in the form of medical bills and lost pay that must be resolved.
You should also know that, in addition to insurance adjusters, commercial trucking firms that own, operate, or lease tractor-trailers have their own lawyers and accident investigators. It may not be in your best interest to deal with these parties if you are unwell or under a doctor’s care.
Our Firm Accepts Tractor-Trailer Accidents
Tractor-trailer accidents can be complex because they tend to involve extensive injuries, greater damages, and multiple parties. Our lawyers at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ have a deep understanding of many types of tractor-trailer accidents, including:
- Drunk driving (Driving While Intoxicated)
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving
- Jackknife accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Sideswipe accidents
- Accidents caused by cargo falling into the roadway
- Defective tire accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Tractor-trailer tow truck accidents
You have already suffered enough by the negligent or careless act of another party. You should be able to relax and focus on feeling better. An attorney with our firm who handles these cases may be able to help you recover damages and justice.
Liability in a Tractor-Trailer Accident
There are often several parties involved in tractor-trailer accidents. A lawyer with our firm can identify these parties who had a direct or vicarious role in your injuries.
These parties may include the:
- Trucking company
- Truck owner and operator (if different)
- Leasing company (if applicable)
- Safety inspectors
- Seller or provider of cargo
- Municipalities that allowed dangerous road conditions or hazards
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ may obtain subject matter experts as we investigate your claim.
Damages for a Tractor-Trailer Accident
Your damages will depend on the severity of your injuries, but may include:
- Emergency room care and ambulance transportation
- Medical tests
- Prescriptions and medical devices
- Physical rehabilitation and therapy
- Property damage, such as car repair or replacement
- Lost income because of injuries
- Reduced earning ability due to injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
A tractor-trailer accident lawyer may also be able to help if you lost a loved one from injuries related to the accident. Please accept our condolences and know that we are here to help during this sorrowful time.
Tractor-Trailer Accident Injuries in Texas
There were 35,600 accidents in Texas in 2017 involving tractor-trailer trucks, according to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT).
These accidents cause significant injury and loss of life. Some of these injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Broken bones
- Sprained, twisted, or torn muscle, tendon, and ligaments
- Burns or abrasions
- Internal bleeding
Tragically, these injuries and the accidents that caused them might have been prevented if the other party had been more careful.
Hire a Tractor-Trailer Accident Lawyer Today
If you or a family member was hurt in a tractor-trailer accident caused by another party, you owe it to yourself to get a free case evaluation. A tractor-trailer accident lawyer in Houston, TX will fight for your damages while you focus on feeling better. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ today at (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What If Your Spouse Can No Longer Have Children After a Car Accident?
- Can You Change Lawyers In The Middle Of A Personal Injury Case?
- What Types of Injury Cases Fall Under Premises Liability Law In Texas?
- What Does the USC Sexual Abuse Settlement Cover?
- How Much Compensation Should You Expect For A Brain Injury Case?