A moving van accident lawyer serving McAllen is here to help you recover damages from those responsible for your injuries.
An attorney with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can protect your rights and navigate our state’s complex liability and negligence laws while you focus on feeling better.
Get Help from a Time-Tested Personal Injury Law Firm
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ has successfully resolved many kinds of accident and personal injury cases for clients.
A moving van accident lawyer can:
- Answer your legal questions
- Protect your rights
- Secure evidence of liability or wrongdoing
- File a detailed insurance claim
- Negotiate an acceptable settlement
You may not have to file a personal injury lawsuit to recover damages, but it is nice to know that you have a strong legal fighter if necessary.
You Have a Limited Window of Opportunity to Seek Damages
Like other states, Texas has deadlines for legal action. You should know that you have two years under Texas law to file a personal injury lawsuit for damages related to a moving van accident.
While many truck accidents are settled outside a courtroom, you want to be sure to have ample time to consider all your legal options. That is why we encourage you to get in touch with the office of a moving van accident lawyer serving McAllen about your case.
What Is a Moving Van Accident?
A moving van accident may involve a commercial moving company vehicle with a professional driver, or it could involve a “do it yourself” moving van that anyone with a regular driver’s license may rent.
This makes a moving van accident more complicated than a car accident. Here’s why:
- Your case may involve more than one liable party.
- Multiple liable parties result in multiple insurance companies becoming involved.
- Your case may be subject to the regulations, legislation, and guidelines of federal, state, and/or local laws.
- Injuries in moving van accidents can be much more extensive, given the weight and size of these vehicles.
- Accordingly, the damages in a moving van case may be higher.
All these factors combine to make moving van accidents complex. You have the right to ask an attorney for help in recovering damages.
How a Moving Van Accident Lawyer Helps You Recover Damages
Moving van injuries may be extensive and expensive. You should not have to suffer financially for the pain and suffering caused by someone’s reckless or negligent act.
A lawyer with our firm helps you recover damages by:
- Identifying all liable parties.
- Communicating with these liable parties on your behalf.
- Collecting evidence of liability by the other parties.
- Verifying your injuries through medical reports and other documentation.
- Valuating your economic and emotional damages.
- Pursuing these damages by filing an insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit.
A moving van accident attorney with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ focuses on your case while you focus on your personal health and other needs.
How We Show Liability to Help You Build Your Case
It is not a simple matter to prove who is responsible for your injuries and damages.
There are certain conditions that must be considered for your case, including:
- Duty of care: Determining that the other party owed you a duty of care to take the same reasonable precautions that another average person would take to prevent you from bodily injury.
- Breach of care: Determining that the other party failed to uphold this expected duty of care for some reason, either through omission or recklessness.
- Causation of injuries: Determining that this breach of care caused you (or a loved one) to suffer bodily injury.
- Resulting damages: Determining that these injuries resulted in damages ranging from medical expenses to mental anguish.
We Collect Evidence to Support Your Case
A lawyer with our firm has the resources to examine and investigate your case.
This investigation might include:
- Collecting photos or videos from the accident scene that help establish speed, direction, and stopping distance.
- Interviewing witnesses.
- Obtaining copies of the accident report.
- Securing proof of your injuries and a prognosis from a qualified healthcare provider.
- Using accident reconstruction technology and services.
- Obtaining copies of safety, maintenance, and training materials.
Our goal is to provide you and your loved ones with responsive, responsible legal care for the best possible outcome.
You Nay be Entitled to Damages for Yourself or a Loved One
A moving van accident can leave you injured and impaired for weeks, months, or even a lifetime. If this happened to you or a loved one, it may be time to get in touch with a legal team.
An attorney can help you seek damages for such losses as:
- Emergency room care
- Skilled nursing or rehabilitative care
- Prescription medicine
- Lost pay or benefits
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Wrongful death
There is no right or wrong way to approach a moving van accident, but one of our lawyers can protect your rights and seek the maximum amount in damages while you concentrate on your health and your loved ones.
Common Causes of Moving Van Accidents
Negligence is the underlying reason for most accidents, with some of these specific causes of moving van accidents:
- A driver is inattentive by internal or external
- Falling asleep at the wheel
- Driver inexperience or insufficient training
- Driving too fast for conditions
- Cargo spilling onto a roadway
Call for a Free Case Evaluation
If a moving van accident has left you or a loved one with injuries and expenses, call the office of a moving van accident lawyer serving McAllen today. You could recover damages for your medical bills and other expenses.
Call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™.