If another person caused your child’s injury, you have the legal right as parents to seek available compensation. In most cases, a child who is injured while riding a bicycle in Texas involves a car or truck, but your case might be different. No matter how your child was hurt, the law firm of D. Miller & Associates, PLLC is here to help.
Words cannot express our condolences if your child passed away while riding a bicycle due to someone’s negligence. While no amount of compensation will lessen your suffering, our legal team will pursue recovery from the party at fault. You should not have to deal with insurance claims or related matters right now. We will take care of the details for you.
How We Determine the Driver’s Fault
All Texas drivers must use reasonable care when sharing the road with bicyclists. Drivers are expected to act with greater care and attention when the riders are children and young teenagers. We have resolved bicycle accident cases where a child was injured because the driver did not take proper precautions. As parents, you have the legal right to question the liability of the driver and seek available compensation.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Considers the Following to Show Liability:
- The driver did not behave responsibly and appropriately to your child bicyclist.
- The driver’s irresponsible behavior led to your child’s injury
- Your child suffered physical and/or mental damages, and by extension, you as a parent were harmed mentally or financially.
Even if Driver’s Actions Were Not Intentional, Parents May Still Pursue Compensation
Your child is injured. The result is the same whether the driver acted intentionally or recklessly. You might have medical bills that you cannot pay. You may have missed many days of work to care for your hurt child. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will assess the scope of physical, mental, and financial damages. We negotiate with the driver’s insurance company on your behalf. You pay no attorney fees unless our recovery efforts are successful.
We Strive for the Maximum Compensation Available
There is no set compensation amount for a child who is injured riding a bicycle in Texas. While our firm has recovered compensation for clients since 2002, our past success does not guarantee equal or greater outcomes for you. However, an attorney at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC pursues compensation for all expenses related to the accident, such as:
- Medical bills including doctor’s visits, ambulance, scans and lab work, and any required follow-up care.
- Your lost wages (in cases where the young victim has a job, we will also request compensation for those wages too).
- Pain and suffering.
- Mental anguish.
How We Can Help if Your Child Passed Away from Injuries
Please accept our deepest sympathy and our promise to do whatever it takes to recover compensation for the wrongful death of your child. The law firm of D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will pursue compensation to ease your financial burden. We will go to trial if we cannot reach a fair settlement with the insurance company. Texas law allows two years from the date of passing to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
You May Seek Compensation if the Driver Is Facing Criminal Charges or Not
A wrongful death lawsuit is a civil action and does not depend on criminal charges or sentencing. You have the legal right to pursue compensation through an insurance settlement or a courtroom verdict. The lawyers, investigators, and other members of our team will do all we can to make this process as easy on you as possible.
Several Factors Guide Wrongful Death Claims
The amount of compensation in a wrongful death settlement or verdict varies by the factors in each situation that include:
- Your child’s age at the time of passing.
- Lost earning ability over the course of a normal lifetime.
- Loss of companionship, care, and support.
- Pain and suffering of your child prior to passing.
- Your pain, suffering, and mental anguish.
We Give Each Client Individual Attention and Support
- Miller & Associates, PLLC is here to help If your child was in a bicycle accident that resulted in injury or loss of life. Our firm has the staff and resources to respond quickly and compassionately to your situation. For a free case evaluation, please call (713) 850-8600. We look forward to helping you.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Happens If You Get Hit By An Uninsured Driver In Texas?
- What Are the Three Types of Human Trafficking?
- How Do You Know If You Have a Good Personal Injury Case?
- How Do You Afford a Lifetime of Medical Bills After a Spinal Cord Injury In An Accident?
- If I Have Been Injured In A Truck Accident Can I Sue The Trucking Company?