There are many reasons to call a car accident lawyer serving Austin. You may not have the legal knowledge to fully exert and protect your rights. You might be recuperating from severe injuries and are simply not feeling well enough. Another reason is to even the playing field: the defendant’s insurance company likely has many lawyers on its side.
If you were recently injured in a car accident in Austin, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation: 713-850-8600. You might be entitled to financial recovery.
A Car Accident Lawyer Holds a Negligent Driver Accountable
A careless driver can upend your life in a second. A car accident attorney serving Austin cannot take away the trauma of a collision but can seek financial recovery from the responsible party. You may qualify for recovery if the other driver is primarily responsible for the accident.
A car accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC pursues recovery for you by:
- Showing that the at-fault driver owed you a duty to obey traffic laws and take reasonable measures to avoid the collision.
- Proving that the driver did not uphold this duty of care in some manner (such as driving while distracted).
- Demonstrating that this breach of duty resulted in the accident, your injuries, and damages such as medical bills and pain and suffering.
If you have been injured in a car accident, you deserve to have a car accident lawyer on your side. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Costly Injuries from a Car Accident in Austin
If you have not seen a doctor yet, please do not delay. A doctor can help determine if your injuries are related to the accident.
Many people think they are not entitled to financial recovery, from the at-fault party’s insurance company, for the costs of medical bills when they use their own health insurance. However, even if you use your own health insurance, you could still end up owing co-payments and deductibles. If you were taken to a hospital that is out of your network, you may even owe more than you originally thought. You should not have to pay for another driver’s negligent or careless acts.
Some of the common types of injuries that result from a car accident include:
- Skull fractures and traumatic brain injuries
- Herniated disks
- Internal bleeding
- Broken or fractured bones
- Sprains and strains
In addition to physical injury, you may experience emotional trauma. Often, car accident victims have told us that they are unable to sleep or concentrate. A car accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will help seek recovery for you, so you can focus on feeling better.
Our Law Firm Handles Many Kinds of Motor Vehicle Accidents
If you were injured or lost a loved one in a motor vehicle accident, talk to injury lawyers who handle these types of cases. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC accepts many kinds of motor vehicle accidents, including:
- 18-wheeler and semi truck accidents
- Motorcycle, moped, and bicycle accidents
- Accidents caused by drunk drivers
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end accidents
- Hit and runs
- Rollover accidents
A car accident lawyer serving Austin will seek recovery for you on a contingency basis. However, under Texas law, you generally have only two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. For a free case evaluation, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600.
Suggested Steps After a Car Accident
If you have been involved in a car accident, your first action should be to seek medical attention. It is essential you follow your healthcare provider’s recommendations. As soon as possible, call a car accident lawyer serving Austin.
Our car accident lawyers advise you to take the following actions:
- Do not talk to the insurance adjuster; instead, give the company the name and phone number of your car accident lawyer.
- Do not accept any payment from the insurance company.
- Keep all bills related to the accident, such as medical expenses, car repair, and others.
- Give your lawyer permission to talk to your healthcare provider about your injuries and expected prognosis.
- Avoid posting pictures or comments about the accident on social media accounts, as it may jeopardize the outcome of your case.
- If you did contact the police after the accident, obtain a copy of the accident report.
A car accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC is your safe and confidential legal advocate.
Why We Recommend That You Do Not Talk to the Insurance Adjuster Alone
In our experience, some insurance companies are more interested in being frugal rather than giving you a fair settlement. For this and other reasons, a car accident lawyer serving Austin will strongly caution you against talking to an insurance adjuster on your own. Some insurance adjusters can be aggressive or ask leading questions about the accident. They may try to get you upset or angry so that you will say something rash that the insurer can use against you later in your case.
You also should not talk to the insurance adjuster if you are taking certain medications. Some pain medications can make you loopy or sleepy. You do not want to say anything, however innocent, that can give the insurance company cause to deny your claim.
Our Car Accident Lawyers Understand Your Situation
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has focused on helping people who have been injured or disabled by someone’s reckless behavior. We know that you are hurting and may be facing a long recuperation from your injuries. A car accident lawyer serving Austin will pursue financial recovery so you can rest and feel better.
For a free case evaluation, please call 713-850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Will It Cost Me To Hire An Attorney In A Truck Accident Case?
- Can You File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit if Someone Dies in a Fatal Motorcycle Accident in Texas?
- How Does Maximum Medical Improvement Apply to My Injury Case?
- Can You Sue For Distracted Driving Accidents In Texas?
- How Do You Prove A Property Owner Was Negligent in A Premises Liability Case?