If you lost a loved one in an accident caused by someone else, our wrongful death lawyer serving Austin residents can fight for justice for your family.
Wrongful Death Lawyer Serving Austin
The loss of a loved one can quickly change your life. When your loss is the result of someone else’s negligence, it can leave your family reeling. Our wrongful death lawyer serving Austin will help your family hold the at-fault party responsible. You have our deepest condolences and our commitment to fight for your family’s rights. By proving negligence, we can assign financial liability.
Our team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® will investigate and collect evidence. We will also create a comprehensive list of your recoverable damages. If negligence, carelessness, or recklessness caused your loved one’s accident, we aim to prove it. We will also deal with the insurance company on your behalf and fight for a favorable financial settlement.
We Can Help You File Your Wrongful Death Case Before the Deadline
Our law firm understands how difficult it can be to file a wrongful death case when you’re still dealing with the aftermath of your loss. Unfortunately, the state does not allow unlimited time to file. According to Texas law, you generally have two years to comply with the statute of limitations. If the allotted time expires:
- You may not be permitted to file your lawsuit at all
- It may be dismissed without ever being heard
Because circumstances can change the deadline, complying with them can be confusing without legal help. We can handle it for you. We will accurately interpret the statute and file in a timely manner. We will also explain which relatives are allowed to sue for wrongful death. In most cases, the decedent’s spouse, parents, and children can recover damages.
Financial Recovery Your Family Can Receive
The at-fault party is responsible for the costs of making final arrangements for your loved one. In addition, we request the following types of financial recovery:
- The pain and suffering of family members
- Lost current and future income
- Loss of consortium
- Mental and emotional anguish.
- Lost parental guidance
Every case is unique, so your family may have unique losses not listed here. The best way to understand the monetary value of your case is to let our law firm assess your damages for you. We work hard to ensure your case is not undervalued or underpaid.
How Our Law Firm Proves Negligence and Financial Liability
To prove your loved one’s accident was caused by negligence, we conduct a private investigation and collect evidence. The four legal elements of negligence we document include:
- Proof that the at-fault party owed your loved one a duty of care
- Proof that they breached their obligation to provide it
- Proof that their actions caused your loved one’s accident
- Proof of your family’s resulting financial and personal losses
We prove these elements with evidence like your police report, witness statements, and medical records. We will not tax you or your family with this task since it can be stressful. Leave evidence collection to us. We will build a robust case file on your behalf.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®’s Wrongful Death Practice Areas
Many different acts and accidents can be a wrongful death case. Our law firm helps families when their loved one passes away in the following types of negligence-based accidents:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bite or attack cases
- Dangerous drug cases
- Defective device cases
- Zantac cancer cases
Texas law allows you to pursue the at-fault party for the loss of your loved one if it was caused by a wrongful act, negligence, carelessness, or incompetence.
How Our Wrongful Death Lawyer Serving Austin Builds Your Family’s Case
Building a personal injury case — especially one that stems from the loss of someone you love — can be complicated and stressful. Our team wants to take that stress off your shoulders. We will:
- Investigate the cause of your loved one’s passing
- Collect and organize evidence and documentation
- Explain complex legal and insurance jargon
- Address all questions and concerns in a timely manner
- Provide ongoing updates on the progress of your case
You are not alone in your fight for your family’s rights. At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®, we work hard to handle all the details of your case so you can focus on your family.
Our Law Firm Fights Hard for the Families We Represent
A wrongful death lawsuit can be legally and emotionally challenging. Our legal team is committed to providing client support when you need it most. Of our legal service and support, previous clients say:
- Daniel Lieberg: Very attentive and helpful law firm. Quick to answer your questions and explain tough legal language and made a negative time of my life have a positive outcome and brighter future.
- Kiana Skyy: Great firm and they follow up on everything and they make sure you are comfortable and that everything is correct with your claim I would highly recommend.
- Sherry Creech: A genuine concern and care for their clients…a hardworking dedicated team of professionals when in need of rebuilding their own lives.
Your family’s case is important to our entire team, so we work hard to provide you with compassionate, responsive legal care. Hear from additional clients by visiting our testimonials page and learn more about our commitment to helping your family through a trying time.
Call for Your Free Consultation
If your family has experienced the sudden and unexpected passing of a loved one, you deserve time to cope with your loss. Our wrongful death lawyer serving families in Austin will advocate for you while you focus on your healing and your loved ones.