According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), trucks are 20 to 30 times the size of passenger vehicles. It is challenging to handle a large truck and bring it to a stop, and because of their size, trucks can also cause more damage when drivers make mistakes.
If you suffered a collision with one of these vehicles, a truck accident lawyer serving Canada, TX can investigate the cause and pursue the correct parties for the damage they caused.
Get Information on Financial Recovery After a Truck Collision in Canada, TX
Recovering financially from a truck accident also involves identifying what it will take for you to recover physically and emotionally. Comprehensive coverage for your losses is our goal, including common damages such as:
- Emergency care
- Medical tests
- Prescription medication
- Out-of-pocket costs
- Lost income
- Reduced earning ability
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Wrongful death damages
Truck accidents can cause serious injuries that cost tens of thousands of dollars in hospitalizations. Yet even less severe injuries nonetheless deserve financial recognition.
If your family member lost their life to a truck collision, you may also have recourse. A wrongful death claim or lawsuit could cover any of the above expenses. In addition, losses related to your relationship with the deceased could be included, such as loss of parental guidance.
Identifying What You Could Receive
To arrive at a personalized financial recovery that fits your case, we might examine your:
- Injury severity
- Side gigs
- Quality of life
Some of these show specific expenses that can be reimbursed, such as a $30,000 bill for a three-day hospital stay. Others are intangible but can still be acknowledged. For example, if your accident injuries prevent you from coaching your local softball league, a hobby that previously brought you fulfillment, we can consider that loss.
Get to Know the Truck Accident Team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLCᴿ
When you work with our truck accident team, our lawyers, paralegals, investigators, and other support staff will collaborate to build your case. Whether you’re pursuing an insurance claim or filing a lawsuit, you will not be doing it alone.
Some victims don’t realize the amount of work an injury firm can do. We don’t just explain legal terms and fill out forms, but we can also:
- Gather evidence to identify the accident’s cause and liable parties
- Talk to insurance adjusters and trucking company representatives for you
- Set up appointments for medical care and other logistical help
- Explain how to pursue an injury claim and when to file a lawsuit
- Operate within the statute of limitations set by Texas law
- Review settlement offers and negotiate terms that suit your injuries
One of our most important roles is representing you in situations where you might otherwise be intimidated or overwhelmed. We can take phone calls and send emails for you. We can consult experts to analyze and reconstruct your accident. We can make sure adjusters don’t pressure you to accept a low settlement. If it concerns you, we can work on it.
Accessibility Is a Priority for Our Firm
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLCᴿ, keeping you updated on every step is not an afterthought. While we work on the particulars of your case, we don’t forget that this is new territory for you, so we offer multiple avenues to stay in communication.
From answering questions on Facebook live streams to remaining available 24/7, we won’t leave you wondering about the state of your case. We will even ensure seeing us in person is easy—if you can’t come to us, our truck accident attorneys can come to you in Canada, TX.
Our former clients attest to our responsiveness, with some testimonials saying:
- “Every time I’ve called, they have been very courteous and attentive. They also answered all my questions I had regarding my case and made me feel like they truly care about my claim.” – Adrianne Frencl
- “I have been represented by D. Miller & Associates, PLLCᴿ for almost a year and I have nothing but positive things to say. The people there are always friendly and do their best to answer any questions to the best of their ability.” – Wayne Peacock
Beyond just answering technical questions, we will also listen to your personal struggles and help you with tasks like scheduling appointments. In other words, we are here to help you with whatever you need after the collision.
Get Clarification on Who to Sue in Your Canada, TX Truck Accident Case
Financial recovery relies on identifying the liable parties. Because trucks are often associated with trucking companies, we may be able to pursue the company rather than the driver. If the driver is an independent contractor, we can pursue them and their insurance company.
However, these are not the only possibilities. Installation or production errors could cause faulty auto parts or mechanisms. Failure to maintain the road, provide adequate signage, or other forms of negligence by a government entity could open it to liability.
We will investigate these possibilities not just to shed light on the truth, but also to potentially obtain recovery from more than one party. After suffering serious injuries, your losses could be high. We will work to ensure what you receive covers all of your losses.
Truck and Accident Types
Several types of large trucks could have struck you on a Canada road:
- Cargo trucks
- Delivery vehicles
- Garbage or dump trucks
- Construction vehicles
- Tanker trucks
- Flatbed trucks
Different trucks can be prone to different accidents, with their length and weight causing:
- Jackknifing – the trailer and truck move independently
- Under- or overrides – a smaller vehicle goes under the truck
- Spilled cargo – failures in securing cargo cause it to fall off the truck
- Side-swipes – parallel vehicles hit each other
- Side impacts – a truck T-bones another vehicle
- Wide turns – a truck driver fails to leave enough room
- Rollovers – the truck rolls and strikes other vehicles
- Tire blowouts – a tire fails due to defects or poor maintenance
Analyzing the type of vehicle and accident can help us pinpoint the type of negligence that caused it.
Get Your Free Case Evaluation Now with Our Truck Injury Law Firm
Contact our office today for a no-obligation consultation and learn how a truck accident lawyer serving Canada, TX can help you. At D. Miller & Associates, PLLCᴿ, our team is your team.