If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a personal injury accident in McAllen, Texas, the team from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®, can help. Let us review your case and take the actions necessary to help you return to normal. We will fight for your rights.
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®, we offer free case evaluations. Our team can answer any questions you may have about your case and help you learn your options.
Understanding the Recoverable Damages in Your Personal Injury Case
If you have been injured in a personal injury accident in McAllen, TX, the damages vary from case to case. We will survey the site, gather evidence, and document your damages.
Common damages include:
Medical Treatment and Related Expenses
- Ambulance transportation
- Emergency department treatment
- Prescription drugs
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Ongoing care costs
Other Economic Losses
- Lost wages and benefits
- Diminished earning capacity
- Property damages
- Loss of support
- Out-of-pocket costs
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Wrongful death damages
If you lost a loved one in an accident in McAllen, you may be able to file a wrongful death action for your family. Let us evaluate your case today.
How Much Is My Personal Injury Case Worth?
One of your first questions may be about how much you could seek in an insurance claim or lawsuit—and ultimately, there is no way to predict how much your case may be worth. Keep in mind that a settlement or award may be influenced by many factors, including the following:
- The severity of your injuries
- The impact of the accident on your career
- How much your injuries changed your life
- Liability for your accident
Generally speaking, the more severe your injuries and the higher your expenses and losses associated with the accident, the more you may be able to pursue in a claim or lawsuit. On the other hand, even those with non-catastrophic injuries shouldn’t underestimate the potential of their case.
We recommend that you speak with someone from our team to understand the unique factors that could affect your financial recovery. You don’t have to determine your case’s potential on your own.
Let D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®, Pursue Damages in Your McAllen Case
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®, our team prides itself on taking care of our clients. We are available to answer your questions, address your concerns, and help you understand your case. We will identify the at-fault party and take the steps necessary to pursue your claim.
We will conduct a full investigation into your accident injuries. As a part of this investigation, we will:
- Identify the at-fault party and all other potentially liable parties
- Collect evidence to prove negligence and fault
- Manage all communications with the at-fault party and their insurer about your case
- Answer any questions and address any concerns you have
- Investigate your accident and build a strong case for recovery
- Document your accident-related losses and expenses
After we finish our investigation and build a solid case against the at-fault party, we can attempt to negotiate an out-of-court settlement. This is the most common way we recover damages for our clients. However, when this is not possible, we can file a personal injury lawsuit. We will fight to recover the damages you may need.
Why Choose D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®?
Attorney Darren A. Miller and the team from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®, have helped clients recover from injuries since 2002. Our staff of lawyers, investigators, medical coordinators, and paralegals are available to talk about your case any time you have questions or concerns. Other reasons to work with our team include:
- We offer free case evaluations so that you can learn all your legal options immediately after an accident.
- We will help you find medical care after your accident, even if you lack health care coverage.
- We were named one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in the country.
In our Google Reviews and client testimonials, our previous clients can attest to the following:
- “The staff here are genuinely concerned about what is going on in our lives. They have walked me through every step and I sincerely appreciate their helpfulness.” – S. Bradley
- “Amazing experience! Highly recommend! Vic took absolutely amazing care of me and I was highly satisfied!” -K. Grahmann
We will be with you through every step of your case—and seek the best possible results.
We Offer Personalized Legal Care
Another thing that sets us apart from our competitors is that we offer personalized legal services. When you work with our team, we will never make you feel like another case file on a desk. We tailor our legal strategy to suit each client’s unique circumstances. This way, we can explain what we believe to be the best approach for seeking financial recovery in your case.
We also encourage you to check out our FAQ page to learn more about personal injury law and how the process works. You can browse through articles on specific topics and jot down any questions that arise. We hope this tool helps shed some light on the various steps involved in seeking financial recovery.
Should I Work With a Personal Injury Lawyer for My Case?
You may not yet be sure if it makes sense to work with a lawyer in your case. There are several reasons why our help could be advantageous, depending on the type of your case and the details of your accident.
We Can Help You Handle Even The Most Complicated Cases—and These Challenges Could Be Difficult To Resolve On Your Own.
- You will need to show that someone else was primarily at fault. This may seem straightforward in theory, but in practice, you may need to build compelling evidence that someone else caused the crash. The insurer may try to argue that you were more responsible than you truly were, for instance.
- An insurer could deny your claim or make a lowball offer. We would like to say that insurance companies always make a fair offer based on your losses, but this is not always the case. We can help you when you face unfair insurance tactics or when an insurer refuses to negotiate.
- The drug manufacturer may argue that your prior condition caused your illness. Bringing a case against Big Pharma can bring a host of challenges, including allegations that your own prior health concerns caused your current illness.
Slip and Fall Accidents
A property owner may blame you for causing your own injuries. You can seek a financial recovery if a negligent property owner failed to address a hazardous condition. Still, they can argue that you were also responsible—for instance, if your footwear was inappropriate at the time of the injury.
No matter what type of accident you faced, you may also be dealing with complex liability issues. We can help you understand what this means for your case.
Determining Liability Can Be Complicated
Liability refers to the party who is financially responsible for your losses after an accident and injury. Whether you were in a slip and fall or a truck accident, determining who may be responsible is not always easy.
Potentially liable parties may include:
- Car drivers
- Rideshare companies
- Local and state governments
- Business owners
- Construction crews
- Parts manufacturers
- Vehicle manufacturers
- And other parties
For instance, if you were hit by a semi truck, you may think you will need to bring a case against the driver. However, it’s possible that the trucking company could be liable for your losses if the trucker was at work when they hit you.
In short, you don’t have to learn personal injury law overnight in order to handle a case on your own. We can make sure the appropriate party is held responsible after your injury. Right now, you deserve to focus on your physical health so you can reach your maximum medical recovery. We can take care of the legal process for you while you rest and recuperate.
Texas Has a Two-Year Time Limit on Personal Injury Cases
Texas law only gives us a short time to act if you suffered injuries in an accident. If we do not file a personal injury accident in your case within two years of the incident, we will not be able to take action on your behalf.
It is paramount that we act quickly. Call us immediately if you have been injured. Once you get your case started, we can work to comply with any relevant deadlines in your case and work to streamline the legal process as much as possible.
Keep in mind that it still takes time to build a personal injury case. We have to investigate the cause of your accident, gather evidence of negligence, and negotiate with insurers. We can keep an eye on the clock while we work, but the sooner you begin, the better.
What You Should Do After You’ve Been Injured
If someone was responsible for your accident and injuries, there are several steps you can take to benefit your case. Consider the following:
- Seek medical care.
- Follow up on any recommended appointments.
- Avoid speaking with insurance companies.
- Get a free case review with our team.
By getting the medical attention you need immediately after the accident, you can both get the treatment you need and document your injuries, linking them to the accident. When you follow through on your doctor’s orders, you can show an insurance company that you needed ongoing care—and that you did everything you could not to worsen your injuries.
We advise that you speak with someone from our team to get a free case review. If you decide to work with us, we can handle all communications with an insurer for you. We can ensure that nothing you say to an insurer can be used to hurt your case.
Even if you don’t work with our team, we advise that you keep statements to the insurer to a minimum. An insurance company can easily use what you say against you in your pursuit of recovery.
Types of Texas Personal Injury Cases
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®, our team understands how difficult suffering from injuries can be. We understand that you need to get back on your feet. We can help you pursue recovery, and we will pursue damages, including your medical bills, lost wages, property damages, pain and suffering, and more.
Our team handles almost any type of personal injury case. This includes:
- Slip and falls
- Dog bites
- Other premises liability claims
- 18-wheeler accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Bus accidents
- Car accidents
- Defective drugs
- Defective tire accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drunk driving (DWI) accidents
- Head-on collision accidents & injury
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Personal injury
- Truck accidents
Let us review your case for free today. We will help you understand your rights and get to work holding a liable party accountable. The team from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®, will fight for the damages you deserve.
Our Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You With Your McAllen, TX, Case
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in an accident in McAllen, you may be eligible to take legal action against the at-fault party. The team from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®, is ready to take your call. Let us go to work for you today.
You don’t have to take on your personal injury case alone. You have the right to hire an attorney who can tackle it for you while you rest and recover from your injuries. Call our office today for your free case evaluation or initial consultation. We are ready to help you put your life back together after an accident.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Should You Do When You Slip and Fall in A Store in Texas?
- Do You Need To Hire A Lawyer To Recover Money For A Slip And Fall Injury?
- How to Handle a Car Accident in Texas
- What Should I Do if I Notice Symptoms of Whiplash After a Car Accident?
- What Types of Injury Cases Fall Under Premises Liability Law In Texas?
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What if I Am Partially at Fault for a Car Accident?
- How Do Personal Injury Lawyers Get Their Attorneys’ Fees in Texas?
- What Should I Do if the Trucking Company Contacts Me After My Accident?
- Does Texas Have a Statute Of Limitations For Personal Injury Claims?
- What Types of Injury Cases Fall Under Premises Liability Law In Texas?