If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a personal injury accident in McAllen, Texas, the team from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can help. We will evaluate your case and take the steps necessary to recover damages for the at-fault party’s negligence. We will gather proof of their negligence and help you fight for your rights. While we build your case, you can concentrate on restoring your health.
We will investigate, collect evidence, and determine the monetary value of your case. Our team will also communicate and negotiate with the at-fault party and fight for an appropriate financial settlement. At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, we offer free case evaluations. Our team can answer your questions you may have about your case.
Types of Texas Personal Injury Cases
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, our team understands how difficult suffering from injuries can be. We also understand that you need to get back on your feet. We can help you pursue monetary recovery for damages, such as your medical bills, lost wages, property damages, pain and suffering, and more. Our team handles almost any type of personal injury case, including:
- Slip and fall
- Dog bites
- Premises liability
- 18-wheeler accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Bus accidents
- Car accidents
- Defective tire accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drunk driving (DWI) accidents
- Head-on collision accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Truck accidents
Let us evaluate your case for free today. We will help you understand your rights and pursue the damages for your expenses and losses. The team from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will fight for the damages you deserve.
Understanding the Recoverable Damages in Your Case
If you have been injured in a personal injury accident in McAllen, TX, there is no way to predict how much your case may be worth until we delve into your actual harms and losses.
We will survey the site, gather evidence, and document your damages. Common personal injury damages include:
Medical Treatment and Related Expenses
- Ambulance transportation
- Emergency department treatment
- Prescription drugs
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Ongoing medical care costs
Other Economic Losses
- Lost wages and benefits
- Diminished earning capacity
- Property damage
- Loss of support
- Out-of-pocket costs
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional trauma
- Physical impairment
- Lasting disfigurement
Wrongful Death and Survival Damages
If you lost a loved one in an accident in McAllen, you may be able to file wrongful death and survival actions for your family. Doing so will give you a chance to recoup their reasonable funeral and burial costs. You could also recover damages for loss of consortium, companionship, and guidance, and for the loss of their financial and household contributions to your family. Call so we can evaluate your case today.
Evidence That Supports Your Right to Financial Recovery
Our personal injury team will collect and organize evidence in two categories—proof of negligence and proof of damges. More personal injury cases are settled outside rather than inside a courtroom when the evidence points to negligence and liability. To establish negligence, our personal injury team will work to prove the at-fault party’s duty, breach, cause, and damages.
To help you recover damages, we build a robust evidence file that proves the legal elements of negligence and the value of your case. Your file will contain:
- Medical records and bills
- Your written prognosis
- Salary history records
- The accident or incident report
- Injury and accident scene photos
- Witness statements
- Your own written statement
We do not tax you with evidence collection during your recovery. In some cases, your injuries might be severe enough to prevent you from actively participating in building your case. Instead, our team does the legwork of evidence collection.
Our team will organize your evidence and present it to the at-fault party or their insurer. If we cannot resolve your case with an acceptable settlement, we prepare your evidence for presentation in court.
Let D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Pursue Damages in Your McAllen Case
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, our team works hard to take care of our clients. We are available to answer your questions, address your concerns, and help you understand your case. We will identify the at-fault party and take the steps necessary to pursue your claim.
We will conduct an investigation into your accident and resulting injuries. As a part of this investigation, we will:
- Identify the at-fault party and all other potentially liable parties
- Collect evidence to prove negligence and fault
- Manage all communication with the at-fault party and their insurer about your case
- Answer any questions and address any concerns you have
- Investigate your accident and build a strong case for recovery
- Document your accident-related losses and expenses
After we finish our investigation and have a solid case against the at-fault party, we will attempt to negotiate an out-of-court settlement. This is the most common way we recover damages for our clients. However, when this is not possible, we will file a personal injury lawsuit at trial. We will fight to recover the damages you seek.
Attorney Darren A. Miller and the team from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ have helped clients recover damages for injuries since 2002. Our staff of lawyers, investigators, medical coordinators, and paralegals are available to talk about your case any time you have questions or concerns.
Hear From Previous Personal Injury Clients
Hearing from our satisfied clients can help you know what it means to work with us. Previous clients say:
- Wayne Peacock: I have nothing but positive things to say. The people there are always friendly and do their best to answer any questions to the best of their ability. I would strongly recommend this firm for any of your personal injury or any other claims.
- Amber Wright: D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has done everything possible to help me and my family…took care of things when I couldn’t…and have been very helpful in this whole process. If you’re ever looking for someone that will put up a good fight when you can’t, these are the people.
Your case will benefit from the same responsive legal care and support when we help you pursue the at-fault party for financial recovery.
Texas Has a Two-Year Time Limit on Personal Injury Cases
It is paramount that we act quickly on your behalf. Texas only gives us a short time to act if you suffered injuries in an accident. In general, if we do not file a personal injury lawsuit regarding your case within two years of the incident, we will not be able to take action on your behalf, according to Texas law.
We also have the same general amount of time to file a personal injury lawsuit if a member of your family was fatally injured. Our team will act as soon as you get us involved to help you avoid the consequences of an expired statute of limitations. Those consequences can include having your lawsuit dismissed without ever being heard or not being allowed to file it at all.
Call us immediately if you have been injured.
Talk to One of Our Personal Injury Team Members Serving McAllen, TX, Today
If you or a loved one sustained injuries in an accident in McAllen, you may be able to take action against the at-fault party. The team from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ is ready to take your call. Let us go to work for you today.
Call our personal injury team today for your free case evaluation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Does Not Wearing A Helmet Affect Your Motorcycle Accident Injury Case In Texas?
- How Long Will My Car Accident Case Take to Settle in Texas?
- A Federal Court Has Already Approved a Federal Class Action Settlement, Can I Still Sue USC For Sexual Abuse?
- Do You Need To Hire A Lawyer To Recover Money For A Slip And Fall Injury?
- How Do Personal Injury Lawyers Get Paid In Texas?