Child sexual abuse inflicts physical and psychological injuries that can last into adulthood. While it may be painful to come forward about sexual abuse or assault by a priest or other clergy member, sexual abuse survivors may deserve a financial recovery.
You should not have to suffer the financial damages that are often the result of clergy sexual abuse. You could also identify and stop an abuser when you speak out and take legal action. If you or a loved one suffered from this crime, a clergy abuse lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can help you pursue damages from all responsible parties. We want to hear your story, and we are here to help.
Adult Survivors Could Recover Damages from Childhood Sexual Abuse
As clergy abuse lawyers, we are often asked by adult survivors if it is too late for them to seek damages and justice. Our response is that the sooner an individual calls us for a free case evaluation, the faster our firm can check on his or her state’s deadline, or statute of limitations, on filing a personal injury lawsuit.
You should know that:
- Each state has a different statute of limitations to file a personal injury lawsuit.
- Some states have extended or amended their statutes specifically for victims of childhood sexual abuse that allows them to seek damages as an adult.
- Legal complaints filed after the statute of limitations has expired are likely to be dismissed by the court.
- Miller & Associates, PLLC™ is a nationwide law firm with attorneys in your state. A clergy abuse lawyer from our firm may be able to help you hold an abuser accountable. Call for a free case evaluation from a member of our team.
Our Firm Helps Sexual Abuse Survivors Pursue Damages and Justice
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, we believe survivors of clergy abuse and work hard to defend the rights of our clients. A clergy abuse attorney with our firm wants to hear your story. More importantly, our lawyers want to help you pursue damages and justice for the pain and suffering that you endured through no fault of your own.
- Miller & Associates, PLLC™ has helped survivors in other high profile sexual abuse cases, including:
- Ohio State University sexual abuse lawsuits
- University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) sexual abuse lawsuits
- University of Southern California sexual abuse lawsuits (Andy Rubenstein of D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™)
We also assist victims of human trafficking, sexual assault, and sexual violence. If we cannot reach a settlement with the responsible parties, we will seek justice on your behalf in court.
What a Clergy Abuse Lawsuit Could Be Worth
We realize that suing for damages does not remove the trauma and scars of sexual abuse, but the reality is that many survivors of clergy sexual abusers have financial stress that is brought on by their continued pain and suffering. A clergy abuse lawsuit may help victims make a financial recovery for these damages.
According to the American Journal of Preventive Medicine, men and women who are sexually abused in childhood are more likely to suffer from:
- Mental illness
- Substance abuse
- Marriage or family problems
- Suicide attempts
Your Abuser Should Be Held Accountable for Your Suffering
- Miller & Associates, PLLC™ believes that any religious authority that allows the abuse of innocent people should be held accountable. In addition to suing the individual perpetrator, a clergy abuse lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can also hold those who enable these perpetrators accountable, including:
- Religious schools
- Religious organizations
It is not unseemly to file a lawsuit against a religious organization that fails to prevent sexual abuse by its clergy or staff. It is your legal right to seek damages and justice for this type of abuse, and it is our privilege to help you. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ today for your free case evaluation.
A Clergy Abuse Lawyer from Our Firm Can Help You Pursue Damages
Our legal team has a deep understanding of sexual abuse cases and the required burden of proof. We can build a case using evidence, testimony, and documentation that shows how you were injured and who caused or contributed to your suffering.
Depending on the specifics of your case, a lawyer with our firm may be able to help you pursue a financial recovery for your:
- Medical treatment, including psychological counseling and in-patient or outpatient care
- Prescription medicine
- Reduced earnings or unemployment due to mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Other types of non-economic damages
We cannot erase the past, but a clergy abuse lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can pursue financial recovery for you so that you may find closure for the future.
Your Damages May Be Affected by These Factors
No two cases of clergy abuse are the same. The court may take into consideration certain factors when calculating the damages that may be awarded to you:
- Extent of harm
- Your age at the time of the abuse
- The degree of the abuse
- Documentation of medical expenses
- The credibility of your claim
Call Today for a Free Case Evaluation About Recovering Damages
Call today to find out how a clergy abuse lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can help you pursue a financial recovery for your damages. Our client intake team offers free, no-obligation case evaluations to all callers.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Why Do Traumatic Brain Injury Claims Have Such Large Verdicts & Settlements?
- What Injuries Can You Get from a Fall?
- Can You File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit if Someone Dies in a Fatal Motorcycle Accident in Texas?
- How Much Is the USC Sexual Abuse Lawsuit Worth?
- How Do Personal Injury Lawyers Get Paid In Texas?