Do you know who is responsible for your medical bills if you are an accident victim? Do you know how long you have to file a personal injury lawsuit?
Our personal injury lawyers in Galveston, TX understand that you may have many questions after an accident. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC helps people just like you who have been injured by another person’s intentional or reckless behavior. You may be eligible to recover compensation for medical bills and other expenses. For a free case evaluation, please call (713) 850-8600.
What a Personal Injury Lawyer in Galveston Can Do for You
If you have injury-related expenses, we can pursue compensation from the responsible person or party. You should know that not all law firms accept personal injury cases. We invite you to learn more about our firm to make an informed decision. For a free case evaluation, please call (713) 850-8600.
We Handle Many Kinds of Personal Injury Cases
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped injured men and women in Galveston receive compensation for your injuries related to among others:
- Motor vehicle accidents including auto, 18-wheeler and semi-truck, bus, motorcycle, truck, moped, bicycle, pedestrian, and Uber and Lyft collisions
- Defective products
- Medical malpractice and defective medical devices
- Sexual assault, harassment, abuse, and violence
- Workplace injuries including workers’ compensation claims
- Slip and fall accidents and other premises liability situations
- Wrongful death
- Catastrophic injuries
We Work on a Contingency Basis Only
You deserve to know if you could recover compensation. We will assess your injuries, expenses, and circumstances, and tell you if you qualify for compensatory damages. Our firm works on a contingency basis only. This means you will not pay us anything in the event we can’t resolve your case.
To find out if you could recover compensation, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 or click here to schedule your free case evaluation.
We Understand Insurance Claims and Liability Laws
Most personal injury cases involve complicated legal and medical terms, procedures, and paperwork. You may not be feeling well enough to tackle this process alone, especially if your injuries require surgery, hospitalization, or a lengthy recuperation period. We understand you may be angry or frustrated about the accident, your injuries and any financial losses.
Our first task will be to examine the circumstances that led to your accident. This process typically includes:
- Reviewing police reports, witness statements, and any other accounts, photographs, or videos of the accident.
- Evaluating your injuries based on professional medical opinions and reports.
- Compiling all your expenses and losses, such as medical bills, car repair or rental, property damage, and other related costs.
- Reconstructing the accident if necessary.
A key step in this process is determining who is liable for the accident.
How We Determine Liability
We determine liability based on four factors:
- Did the other party have a duty of care to avoid the accident with prudent or reasonable action?
- Was there a breach in this duty of care, thus allowing the accident to occur?
- Were you injured because of the accident?
- Do you have damages such as medical bills or lost wages?
Getting You the Compensation You Might Be Entitled to Receive
Our personal injury lawyers in Galveston, TX understand that the combination of unexpected medical bills and lost time at work is stressful. You should know that the first settlement amount offered by the insurance company is typically low. We will negotiate an acceptable amount, based on the severity of your injuries, your expenses, and your expected prognosis, according to your healthcare professional.
Our goal is to maximize your potential compensation for such damages, including:
- Medical bills, including ongoing treatment, therapy, or medication
- Lost income
- Temporary or permanent decrease in earning ability
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Please note that these are the most common types of damages. You may have different damages depending on your circumstances. To see if you qualify for compensation, please call our firm at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
The Sooner You Call, the Sooner We Can Seek Compensation
If you qualify for compensation, we want to get started on your case right away. If possible, please provide the following documents during your free case evaluation with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC:
- All medical bills related to the accident
- Proof of other expenses, such as a pay stub (to calculate lost wages)
- Any correspondence you may have received from the insurance company
- Any personal photos, videos, or written account of the accident
We Negotiate With the Insurance Company for the Best Possible Outcome
There is typically some back and forth negotiation with the insurance company. We will stand firm to make sure you receive the compensation for which you are entitled. If we cannot reach a fair settlement, you typically have two years under Texas law to file a personal injury lawsuit.
Your personal injury lawyer may ask you to please follow these guidelines to ensure the best outcome for your claim:
- Follow your healthcare professional’s recommendations.
- Keep a copy of all medical bills, lab and scan results, and any accident-related expenses (for example, car repairs).
- Give any correspondence from the insurance company to your lawyer.
- Talk, email, or meet with anyone from the insurance company.
- Post details about your accident on social media.
- Discuss your case with anyone except your lawyer.
If You Are Injured, You Could Qualify for Compensation
As personal injury lawyers in Galveston, TX, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC invites you to schedule a free case evaluation. It is possible you could recover damages for medical bills and other expenses. Please call (713) 850-8600 for your free case evaluation today.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Do I Know If I Am a Victim in the Sexual Abuse Case at UCLA?
- What Are The Effects Of Traumatic Brain Injury On Your Financial Situation?
- What Do I Do If I Was a Victim of Sexual Assault While in College?
- What Happens If Your Personal Injury Case Settles?
- How Does Maximum Medical Improvement Apply to My Injury Case?