D. Miller & Associates, PLLC is evaluating cases from women nationwide who report sexual abuse and sexual harassment by the former University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) physician Dr. James Mason Heaps. If you or a family member was sexually threatened, harassed, or assaulted by Dr. Heaps at the UCLA student health center from 1983 to 2010, we would like to hear from you. However, you must act quickly to ensure it is not too late to sue.
Each state has its own statute of limitations for sexual abuse lawsuits. If you were a victim of Dr. James Heaps at UCLA, call our firm today before it is too late to sue UCLA for the sexual abuse lawsuit for your justice and financial recovery.
We Believe All Liable Parties Should Be Held Accountable
Dr. James Heaps is facing several criminal charges, including sexual battery. News reports from CBS News and the Los Angeles Times revealed that officials at UCLA knew about Heaps’ behavior for decades but did nothing to protect the thousands of female patients in his care. The University of California Board of Regents has already settled cases and awarded damages to plaintiffs.
The Allegations Against Dr. James Heaps
More women are filing complaints and speaking publicly against the school for not protecting them from Dr. Heaps. Allegations include:
- Groped and fondled their breasts
- Used inappropriate and aggressively sexual probing or touching during medical exams
- Sexually assaulted, abused, or harassed them
- Made inappropriate comments and sexual overtures
- Conducted unnecessary pelvic and breast exams given the patient’s health complaint and situation
Your Story Should Be Heard
Doctors who graduate from medical school take the Hippocratic Oath that affirms their commitment to heal the sick and to keep patients from harm and injustice.
The charges against Dr. Heaps and the mounting evidence against his employer, UCLA, show that they did not take legal or administrative action. They violated the safety and trust of female patients by allowing an alleged sexual abuser to continue seeing gynecological and obstetrical patients despite many complaints.
A sexual abuse lawsuit can prove that:
- Dr. Heaps clearly abandoned the expected duty of care and may have broken several laws.
- Dr. Heaps’ alleged actions caused injury and damages to female patients.
- UCLA and its board of directors allowed Dr. Heaps to continue seeing female patients despite apparent knowledge of his behavior.
Andy Rubenstein with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, or another sexual abuse lawsuit lawyer from our firm, can protect your rights now before it is too late to sue UCLA for the sexual abuse lawsuit. We will help you get the financial recovery you deserve.
Financial Recovery in the UCLA Sexual Abuse Lawsuit
We understand that the physical and emotional trauma you experienced feels overwhelming, and we are ready to help. Andy Rubenstein of D. Miller & Associates, PLLC represents sexual abuse victims, including those in the University of Southern California (USC) lawsuit. Our firm has the necessary resources and staff to seek justice and financial recovery from all liable parties.
We may be able to obtain financial recovery on your behalf for damages such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Counseling and other treatment
- Prescription medicine
- Lost wages and reduced earning ability due to trauma
- Loss of consortium
How We Help UCLA Sexual Abuse Survivors
The many allegations against Dr. James Heaps and UCLA continue to make national headlines. There are two ways that our firm can help you seek justice and financial recovery:
- As part of a class-action lawsuit with other plaintiffs
- With an individual lawsuit against the defendants, Dr. Heaps and UCLA
Sometimes the best way to prevent others from sexual abuse or assault is to hold alleged abusers and their employers accountable.
Everything you say to your lawyer is privileged information. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC upholds the highest standards of professionalism and legal accountability. You will be kept informed about the progress of your case, and we will do all we can to make you comfortable and at ease during this process.
We Are Here to Help–Call to Learn More
If you or a loved one were abused, assaulted, or harassed by Dr. James Heap while a patient at the University of California, Los Angeles student health center, you should know your legal options. A sexual abuse lawsuit lawyer with our firm can help you seek financial recovery and justice for your trauma.
For a free case evaluation before it is too late to sue UCLA for the sexual abuse lawsuit, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Is the Average Time to Settle a Personal Injury Case in Texas?
- What Does the UCLA Sexual Abuse Settlement Cover, What Are the Specifics?
- Do You Have A Motorcycle Injury Case If A Pothole Caused Your Accident in Texas?
- How do You Respond to a Low Personal Injury Settlement Offer?
- Do Insurance Companies Pay For Pain And Suffering?