Personal injuries can result from traffic accidents, slip and fall accidents, and other incidents. If you suffered harm and want to recover damages, a personal injury lawyer serving Cedar Park from our team is ready to serve you.
While pursuing financial recovery can be stressful, we strive to make the process easy. From managing negotiations to filing a lawsuit, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ is ready to advocate for you.
Our Team Serves People Hurt in These Situations
We extend a helping hand to those who have suffered harm due to:
- Car accidents
- Truck collisions
- Slips, falls, and other premises liability incidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Dangerous and defective drugs
- Harmful products
We cover these cases and don’t limit ourselves. We also advocate for families in Cedar Park who have lost loved ones.
We Will Manage Your Case from Beginning to End
When you entrust your injury case to our team, we will:
- Notify the liable party of your legal intentions
- Manage all communications with the involved parties
- Negotiate with the insurance company
- Represent your interests in court
- Handle your case’s filing and paperwork
- Protect you from bad faith insurance practices
- Apply the law to your case
- Determine fault, liability, and negligence
We will do everything possible to resolve your case. We want you to walk away with financial recovery that accounts for each of your injury-related losses.
We Will Gather Evidence to Support Your Case
We’re not just lawyers. We’re also investigators. With the evidence we find, we will prove that because another party acted negligently, you suffered harm and deserve damages.
Supporting evidence in your case may comprise:
- Eyewitness statements
- Photos of your injuries and the accident scene
- Video footage from cell phones, surveillance cameras, or other sources
- Medical records
- The accident report
- Inspection reports
- Prior complaints against the liable party (if applicable)
We may also consult with accident reconstruction specialists and healthcare experts on certain aspects of your case.
We Will File Your Case Within All Applicable Deadlines
Texas law notes that you generally have two years to file your injury lawsuit. Your filing deadline ultimately depends on your case’s details.
For instance, if you suffered harm in a collision, your filing deadline usually starts from the date of your accident. If you lost a loved one, however, your filing period generally begins from the date of their passing.
Filing your case within the statute of limitations’ deadline is critical to your case’s outcome. If you wait too long to file, you could have few options for recovering damages.
A Settlement Can Account for Your Past, Present, and Future Losses
Financial recovery in your case may comprise:
- Medical costs: Even with health insurance, getting medical help is expensive. Reimbursement for healthcare expenses can include surgeries and medications.
- Lost wages: A settlement or court award could account for your lost tips, bonuses, benefits, and wages.
- Loss of future earning capacity: Do you have permanent injuries that will impact the remainder of your career? You can seek recovery for loss of future earning capacity.
- Loss of consortium: You can recover damages if your injuries have negatively affected your spousal relationship.
- Reduced quality of life: This could refer to anything from chronic pain to loss of independence—in other words, anything that prevents you from enjoying life as much as you did before getting hurt.
- Disability. Financial recovery for disability isn’t the same as the government program. Instead, it reflects the challenges of living with a long-term impairment.
- Pain and suffering: Both physical and mental anguish can have a big impact on your health, career, and social life. Pain and suffering accounts for those hardships.
- We Advocate for Wrongful Death Claimants
If you lost a loved one, we’re deeply sorry for your loss. We understand that a settlement can’t undo your grief. However, it can make your financial matters easier. Financial recovery can comprise:
- Loss of financial support: Your loved one used part of their wages to support you and their other dependents. You can seek reimbursement for those wages.
- Loss of companionship: You cannot get the unique benefits of your relationship with the deceased (love, affection, guidance, or comfort) from any other source.
- Funeral expenses: The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) notes that even simple funerals can cost thousands of dollars. Securing damages can account for embalming, the burial plot, cremation, and other services.
- End-of-life healthcare costs. Your loved one may have required medical care before their passing. A settlement could pay for hospice, resuscitation, and life support services.
This is not an exhaustive list of the damages you can recover after losing a loved one. When you partner with a personal injury lawyer serving Cedar Park from our team, we will seek everything you need.
What Should I Do After Suffering Harm or Losing a Loved One?
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ recommends that you seek medical attention as soon as possible after an injury. This could mean calling an ambulance to take you to the emergency room or scheduling an appointment with your doctor.
We also recommend:
- Limiting all communications with the insurer. You only have to share basic information with the liable insurer. If the insurer asks you to give a recorded statement, refer its representative to your lawyer.
- Refrain from sharing information on social media. Anything you share on social media is public record. If you share anything about your case online, the insurer could see your posts and use them against you.
- Following through with treatment. You don’t want the insurer to accuse you of worsening your condition. By taking all medications as prescribed, attending physical therapy, and following your doctor’s orders, you can prevent these allegations. You can also work toward reaching maximum medical improvement.
During your free case evaluation, we can explain what other post-accident measures could support your case.
Begin Your Free Case Evaluation with Our Legal Team
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ wants to help you seek financial recovery after a personal injury. Since 2002, our personal injury lawyers have represented the victims of all kinds of accidents – and now, we’re ready to serve you. If you or a loved one suffered harm in Cedar Park, Texas, call us today to get legal help.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Which Relatives Are Allowed To Sue For Wrongful Death?
- How Do You Know If Your Injuries Are Serious Enough to Contact a Lawyer?
- How Do You Document Evidence at The Scene of a Car Accident?
- How Long Do You Have to File A Claim for A Slip and Fall Injury in Texas?
- How Long Do I Have to Report a Car Accident to Insurance in Texas?