There is no set value for a spinal cord injury case. There have been recorded settlements of $500,000, $1 million, or more. However, a spinal cord injury case is unique. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ for a free case evaluation.
Spinal Cord Injury Cases in Texas Can Be Worth Millions
Spinal cord injury settlements and verdicts can result in large settlements due to the nature of the injury and additional expenses. Affording to live after a spinal cord injury can be difficult. When the spinal cord is severed or damaged, the victim is a lifelong paraplegic (unable to move legs) or a person with quadriplegia (unable to move legs and arms). Spinal cord injury victims need sustained medical care that most families cannot afford. That is why a spinal cord injury lawyer will pursue the maximum financial recovery available.
It Costs Millions of Dollars for Necessary Lifelong Medical Care for Spinal Cord Injury Victims
According to the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation, the average lifetime medical expenses for a 25-year-old quadriplegic is over $4 million. Additionally, spinal cord injuries come with other expenses. These include:
- Extended or repeated hospitalization
- Various inpatient and/or outpatient therapies
- Medical and mobility equipment
- Healthcare costs for secondary conditions related to injury
- Necessary home adaptations (i.e., wheelchair ramps)
- Prescription medicines
- Lost wages and/or earning ability
- Loss of companionship or consortium
- Pain and suffering
The law firm of D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ will fight for you and your family to receive the damages you deserve. Please call us for a complimentary case evaluation.
Common Ways Spinal Cord Injuries Occur
Except for genetic disorders and disease, the most common factors that lead to spinal cord injuries are:
In some cases of spinal cord injuries, medical error is the underlying cause. For instance, a surgical patient develops a preventable infection that leads to spinal cord damage.
Determining Who Is At Fault for a Spinal Cord Injury
As a spinal cord injury law firm in Texas, we look for specific indicators to find the responsible party at fault. For example, if the injury is the result of a workplace accident, we investigate the premises, question witnesses, and examine all the facts surrounding the accident. The employer might be liable if we discover improper safety or workplace practices.
Finding the Person at Fault Depends on Identifying Negligence
- The person or responsible party had a duty to act with care.
- The responsible person did not uphold their duty of care.
- This negligence harmed you or your loved one.
- This injury resulted in medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, and additional damages.
Not All Spinal Cord Injury Cases Result in Lawsuits
Often spinal cord injury cases can settle without the need for a trial. The law firm of D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ seeks fair resolution for its clients. Often the Defendant in a spinal cord injury case may also prefer to settle, as the case may attract unwanted publicity. If we cannot obtain a fair settlement, we will take your case to trial. For a free case evaluation, please call us today.
We Are Dedicated To Building a Comprehensive Evidence File
Our personal injury team is passionate about helping injured clients hold negligent defendants accountable for the results of their actions. We are equally committed to the rigors of the physical recovery process, which can be arduous after a spinal cord injury.
While you recover, we build your case which includes taking all of the following steps on your behalf:
- Gathering evidence of the cause of your injury
- Reading and reviewing your medical records
- Consulting spine injury specialists
- Documenting your losses of income
- Handling all case-related communication
We also use your written prognosis and the opinion of physical and mental health care experts to establish the extent and monetary value of your current and future pain and suffering.
Our goal is to streamline the financial recovery process as much as possible and to get you the compensation you deserve. That means we also manage negotiations on your behalf and prepare your case for court if a fair and appropriate settlement cannot be reached.
We Can Negotiate on Your Behalf After a Spinal Cord Injury
A spinal cord injury can temporarily or permanently limit your mobility. The medical treatments and rehabilitation you can require after a spinal cord injury can change your life immediately and in the future. They can also require you to undergo months or years of physical, speech, and occupational therapy.
When we focus on building your case, our client support team will:
- Identify the at-fault party or parties in your case
- Define the current and future value of your injuries
- Draft and submit a settlement demand letter
- Communicate with the at-fault party’s insurer
- Evaluate all financial settlement offers
- Review the pros and cons of each offer
The final decision to accept or reject a settlement offer is always yours to make. We will present you with your settlement options, explain the merits of each, and help you make an informed decision.
Read About Our Fight for Recovery for Previous Injured Clients
- Genesis Garza: “This is such a great law firm! Their customer service is awesome and their response time in regard to my case was so quick. I was referred over by Dennise Garza and was helped by Ala with my insurance, Nashira and Odalis with my medical treatment. Definitely recommend.”
- Cindy Melgar: “I am so happy that I was able to hire D Miller & Associates to represent me for the unfortunate accident I had. Nashira guided me throughout the entire medical process, and I am so grateful I listened because I feel much better.”
The medical and rehabilitative support you will receive after suffering a spinal cord injury is critical to your physical recovery. That is why we work hard to ensure you get help throughout the medical and legal process of recovery.
You Can Afford an Attorney for Your Spinal Cord Injury Case
- Miller & Associates, PLLC™ is a Texas spinal cord injury law firm that works on a contingency basis. This means that we do not charge attorney fees unless we can reach a settlement or verdict resulting in recovered damages. You do not pay any upfront costs. Please call us for a free case evaluation.
The Statute Of Limitations in Texas For Spinal Cord Injuries Is Two Years
Texas law allows the victim or family members to seek damages for expenses related to the injury. However, there is a statute of limitations of two years from the date of the injury to file a lawsuit.
Spinal cord injuries can be catastrophic medical conditions with lifelong physical, mental, and financial consequences. The law firm of D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ is here to help. Please call us today for a free case evaluation.