Did you or a loved one suffer harm from an accident in Cleburne? A personal injury lawyer from our firm understands what a difficult time you are going through. We want to pursue financial recovery for everything you need.
If someone else’s negligence caused or contributed to your injury, you have legal options. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ advocates for injured people and their loved ones. We’re ready to listen to your story now during a free case evaluation. We can answer your questions and explain the benefits of partnering with a personal injury lawyer serving Cleburne.
We Advocate for Claimants Hurt in These Situations
Since 2002, our lawyers have advocated for victims of:
- Traffic accidents, including those involving cars, trucks, buses, bicycles, motorcycles, and pedestrians
- Premises liability incidents, such as slip and fall accidents
- Dangerous or defective drugs
- Defective products, such as transvaginal mesh
- Medical malpractice
- On-the-job accidents
We also advocate for families who have lost loved ones to negligence.
The Statute of Limitations Limits How Long You Have to File
Texas law notes that you generally have two years to file your injury lawsuit. You also have the same period to file a wrongful death lawsuit. It’s crucial to follow this deadline and file your case on time. Otherwise, you could lose the right to seek recovery for your losses.
Your lawyer will manage each of your case’s deadlines to preserve your right to legal action.
We’re Ready to Pursue Everything You Need and Deserve
Miller & Associates, PLLC™ is dedicated to helping personal injury victims secure what they need. Our lawyers serving Cleburne can help you pursue recovery for:
- Pain and suffering: Pain and suffering accounts for your physical pain and emotional suffering. Its value depends on the extent of your injuries and the length of your recovery period.
- Disability: Disability accounts for the challenges of living with a life-altering condition, such as paralysis, traumatic brain injuries, and spinal cord trauma.
- Disfigurement: Some injuries, no matter how well or promptly treated, leave the victim with lasting marks or scars. These scars can impact your emotional well-being.
- Lost wages: Whether you work a full-time or part-time job, you can pursue income through legal action. Recoverable losses include tips, bonuses, hourly wages, and salary.
- Medical expenses: Serious injuries can strain more than your body; they can strain your finances, as well. Reimbursement in your case could cover medications, hospitalization, and surgeries.
- Property damage expenses: Your accident may have damaged your personal property, such as your car. Recovery could account for any repairs or replacements.
Each of these damages falls into one of two categories: economic (monetary) damages or non-economic (physical and mental) damages. Your lawyer serving Cleburne can pursue everything you need.
How We Help Personal Injury Clients in Cleburne, TX
Our law firm knows how difficult it can be to manage a personal injury case on your own – especially when you are distracted by painful injuries and financial concerns. We work hard for our clients by:
Handling All Administrative Tasks
A claim or lawsuit involves more than just negotiating a settlement. To advance your case, we will:
- Notify the liable party about your legal intentions
- Respond to messages from the liable party
- File all paperwork within the applicable legal deadlines
- Present evidence of your damages and accident’s cause
Tasks like filling out forms may seem minor, but even a small mistake can cause confusion, delay your case, or put your case at risk. Our team is very familiar with legal paperwork and would be happy to take care of it.
Dealing with the Insurance Company
We will first turn to the liable insurance company to recover the funds you need. Speaking to the insurer’s representatives alone is risky; they may try everything possible to contest your claim.
If the liable insurer makes a low settlement offer, our team can:
- Arrange a time and place to meet with its representatives
- Negotiate for an amount that covers your injuries and losses
- Take the liable party to court, if we cannot get a fair settlement
- Arrange regular meetings with the insurer
- Keep you updated on any viable settlement offers
Building a Compelling Case
Whether we pursue a settlement via a claim or lawsuit, we need evidence. Some supporting evidence in your case could comprise:
- The official police report documenting your accident, who was involved, and other details
- Your medical records, which show how serious your injuries are and what types of treatment you need to get better
- Statements from witnesses who saw the accident happen or who are familiar with its details
- Security camera footage or traffic camera footage
With the information we find, we want to show that because another party acted negligently, you suffered injuries and related damages.
Proving the Other Party’s Liability
Everyone has a responsibility to look out for others. This means different things in different contexts.
For example, Texas law states that those who legally visit another person’s property are generally owed a duty of care. This means the property owner must keep the premises safe by:
- Mowing the lawn
- Trimming trees and bushes
- Mopping up spills
- Clearing away wires and other tripping hazards
- Fixing broken walkways
Here’s another example regarding duty of care. As the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) explains, driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is a punishable offense. This is because such substances alter a driver’s ability to behave responsibly and:
- Stay alert for signs of danger
- Take note of and respond to traffic signals
- Maintain a reasonable speed
- Control their temper around discourteous drivers
Preventing (or reducing the risk of) personal injuries is largely a matter of behaving in a reasonable, logical manner. Anyone who acts carelessly or recklessly faces liability for any resulting damages.
Call Us After Your Cleburne Accident
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ serves clients in Cleburne, Texas, and other communities throughout the state. Call us today and let us evaluate your personal injury case at no charge. A lawyer from our firm will do everything possible to secure financial recovery on your behalf.