Drowsy driving causes more accidents than people would expect. In 2017 alone, there were 91,000 drowsy driving accidents in 2017, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. If a fatigued driver caused your injuries, you should call our firm for a free case evaluation. A drowsy driving accident lawyer serving Houston, TX can:
- Evaluate your case to see if liability can be proven
- Assess your injuries and damages
- Seek financial recovery from the driver’s insurance coverage or by filing a personal injury lawsuit
- Protect your rights with personalized legal representation
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation: (713) 850-8600.
What to Do After a Car Accident Caused by a Drowsy Driver
The first few moments after a car accident are shocking, especially if you are injured.
In our experience, here are the steps you should take after any car accident:
Get Medical Care as Soon as Possible
Even a minor impact can cause severe injuries. You may not think you are hurt, but only a medical professional can be certain. All head injuries should be promptly examined as they can quickly become serious if untreated.
Be sure to continue with your care and follow your doctor’s recommendations. Any deviation from your care plan can give the insurer reason to deny your claim.
Please keep all medical bills, records, test results, and lab work. Your lawyer will want to include this when seeking recovery.
Call a Drowsy Driving Accident Lawyer in Houston, TX
Too many times, an accident victim tries to go it alone against the other driver’s insurance adjuster. In our experience, some insurance companies make it nearly impossible for a car accident victim to obtain financial recovery.
You deserve to know your legal options and to have your rights protected from unscrupulous insurance companies. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Our Lawyers Are Here to Help
The driver who caused the accident may not admit that they were drowsy. This can make it difficult to determine the fault. However, a drowsy driving accident lawyer serving Houston, TX will dig deep into the circumstances of the accident to prove liability and negligence.
A drowsy driver has slowed reflexes and reactions. It is common for a severely fatigued driver to drift in and out of lanes and even go off the road. A lawyer will look for signs of fatigued driving with evidence that may include:
- Photos and videos including closed-circuit traffic and security camera footage
- Skid marks/a lack of skid marks, road debris, damage to the vehicle, and final resting place of vehicles after the collision
- Your personal account of what happened before, during, and after the collision
- Police reports
- Witness statements
It takes time and legal knowledge to build a compelling claim against a drowsy driver. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC is committed to helping our clients obtain financial recovery after a serious accident.
Call our firm for a free case evaluation at (713) 850-8600 before the statute of limitations to pursue justice for your injuries under Texas statute Chapter 16 expires. If you are too hurt to come to our office, a member of our firm can meet with you at a location of your discretion.
We Pursue Recovery While You Recover
Dealing with an insurance adjuster can be time-consuming and frustrating. Some insurance companies try to settle as inexpensively as possible instead of offering a fair settlement in consideration of your injuries and damages.
We strongly recommend that you do not talk to an insurance adjuster without first speaking to an attorney. There are several reasons for this:
- You may make innocent inconsistencies in your statement that the adjuster could use against you.
- Some adjusters try to get you to make a statement without your attorney present.
- You may accidentally admit fault or claim your injuries are minor. For example, simply apologizing for the accident can be twisted into an admission of guilt. If you say you are okay, the insurer can use that statement and claim you admitted you are uninjured.
- You may not be in the best frame of mind because of your injuries or medication.
- The adjuster may try to get you to discuss or release your medical records, and then use something in your medical history to deny your injury claim.
A drowsy driving accident lawyer serving Houston, TX with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will stand up to the insurance company and protect your rights. It is our goal to get you the financial recovery you may deserve.
Financial Recovery After an Accident
You may be entitled to recover damages for such losses as:
- Ambulance, hospital, and other medical costs
- Lost wages, both current and future
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Call for a Free Case Evaluation
You deserve to know your legal options if you were hurt because of a drowsy driver. A drowsy driving accident lawyer in Houston, TX will help you pursue financial recovery. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation: (713) 850-8600. Our lawyers work on a contingency basis only.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Are Some Questions to Ask a Houston Personal Injury Lawyer?
- How Do Bicycle Laws Affect Personal Injury Cases in Texas?
- How Do You Afford a Lifetime of Medical Bills After a Spinal Cord Injury In An Accident?
- What Is the Average Time to Settle a Personal Injury Case in Texas?
- What is ‘Loss of Future Earning Capacity’ & How Does it Apply to Injury Cases?