If you were injured in an accident caused by a food delivery driver or you are a food delivery driver injured by another party, you want to understand your legal rights for seeking financial recovery.
A food delivery car accident lawyer serving McAllen can help determine who is responsible for paying your damages in these complicated cases.
Who Pays Your Damages After a Food Delivery Car Accident?
It is important to identify the liable party (or parties) in these cases because you should not have to pay for medical bills and other losses for an accident that was not your fault. You have suffered physical and emotional injuries. It may be time to consult with a food delivery car accident lawyer to help you seek damages.
Who may be held accountable for your damages:
- The food delivery company
- The food delivery driver
- Another motorist or third party
The COVID-19 pandemic caused food delivery services to flourish as McAllen residents sought safety and shelter at home. Consequently, our lawyers have seen an increase in food delivery car accidents. If you or a loved one was harmed in this type of collision, an attorney with our firm can help with your case.
Types of Damages Sought for a Food Delivery Car Accident
You could seek damages for your physical and emotional injuries and any lost or damaged personal property.
These damages could include:
- Ambulance service
- Hospital bills
- Medical scans and diagnostic tests
- Prescription medicine
- Lost pay for the time you missed because of your injuries
- Car repairs
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
It is not inappropriate to connect with a lawyer from our firm soon after an accident that has left you injured and with economic losses. There are legal remedies that may be pursued to bring you financial recovery and justice.
How Much Your Case is Worth Depends on Several Factors
A lawyer with our firm cannot give you an exact figure on your case’s worth. Much of your awarded damages will be calculated based upon several factors, including:
- Extent and severity of your injuries
- Expected recovery time
- Likelihood of lingering pain, injury, loss of function, or other long-term condition
- Whether you played a minor role in the accident or if the other party is 100 percent responsible
A food delivery car accident attorney from our team will evaluate your injuries and damages to seek appropriate financial recovery for both current and anticipated expenses.
We accept Car Accident Cases Involving Food Felivery Services
- Miller & Associates, PLLC™ is an award-winning personal injury law firm that has recovered substantial damages for our clients. Since 2002, our legal team has fought and won many legal victories in settlements and judgments.
Call us for a free case evaluation after a car accident, including:
- Drunk driving accidents with injuries
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- Sideswipe or broadside accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Food delivery driver accidents
- Drowsy driving accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Intersection accidents
- Red light accidents
- Faulty equipment or parts accidents
- Reckless driving accidents
- Aggressive driving accidents
- Defective tire accidents
We are ready to take on your case with compassion and determination.
Commonly Used Food Delivery Apps
Food delivery services connect your favorite restaurant to your home using an app. There are many of these convenient providers in the McAllen area.
The most used food delivery services include:
- Uber Eats
How a Food Delivery Car Accident Lawyer Helps You
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can lift the burden of seeking damages from your shoulders. This allows you time to focus on feeling better and spending time with loved ones.
- Investigate the circumstances of your case
- Identify liable parties
- Clarify insurance coverage
- Collect evidence of your injuries and damages
- File a claim on your behalf
- Negotiate a settlement
Our trial lawyers can also take your case to court if we cannot negotiate with an uncooperative insurance adjuster. You have two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit, according to Texas law.
Our Attorneys Have a Combined Total of 66 Years of Legal Practice
One of the most frustrating aspects of any car accident is dealing with the insurance company. The insurance company knows that you are hurting and may be susceptible to accepting any offer, even if it is inadequate, just to put the ordeal behind you.
A food delivery car accident lawyer serving McAllen can take an objective assessment of your case. We may consult with your healthcare provider to learn how your injuries may affect your ability to earn a living in the future. We might use accident reconstruction technology to answer questions about liability and responsibility.
You can rest assured that our legal advocates have your best interest in mind and will fight for you as if you were a member of our family.
We Determine who Pays for Your Damages Based Upon Liability
Texas recognizes different forms of liability after a food delivery car accident or another personal injury:
- Direct liability (for example, the food delivery driver or another motorist)
- Vicarious liability (such as the food delivery company)
A lawyer can identify all liable parties to see who pays for your damages. This may be the driver’s personal auto insurance, the food delivery company’s insurance, or the third party’s insurance.
For example, Doordash provides their drivers with $1 million liability insurance for bodily injury or property damage in certain circumstances, such as:
- The driver’s personal auto insurance is exhausted.
- The accident happened while the driver was actively delivering through the app.
A lawyer can identify, communicate, and file an insurance claim to help you recover damages.
Get a Free Case Evaluation Today
Call the office of a food delivery car accident lawyer serving McAllen today for a free case evaluation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- My Child Was Injured At School – Can I Sue?
- Can I Sue for Lost Wages Resulting from a Truck Accident in Houston?
- How Much Do You Recover for Pain and Suffering After a Car Accident in Texas?
- What Is the Free Consultation With a Personal Injury Attorney Like?
- When Do You Need to Involve the Police After an Auto Accident in Texas?