The effects of a traumatic brain injury can haunt you for the rest of your life. You might suffer cognitive impairment, reduced muscle control, loss of memory, reduction in fine motor skills, and psychological issues, including depression.
While medical intervention can help you recover, many brain injury patients require ongoing treatment, which might include surgery, medication, physical therapy, and occupational therapy. The costs of long-term care can accumulate quickly, adding financial strain to an already painful situation.
The responsible party—and their insurance company—should bear the financial burden of your injury. Unfortunately, insurance companies go to great lengths to pay out as little as possible in settlement claims to injury victims. If you accept an insurance company’s settlement offer without first speaking with a traumatic brain injury lawyer in Katy, you could end up settling for much less than you deserve.
The personal injury lawyers at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, focus on helping traumatic brain injury victims. Over the years, we have helped many clients take on insurance companies and win fair compensation. We can anticipate and counter the tactics an insurer uses to try to reduce or deny your claim, making sure you do not get stuck with an undue financial burden.
We offer free consultations and case reviews to all new clients. You can visit our office, meet our attorneys, and receive answers to all of your questions. To schedule your appointment right away, call 713-850-8600.
Why Hire a Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney in Katy, TX?
While the causes and symptoms of traumatic brain injuries can vary, they are always severe, and are often life-changing. Recovery does not happen with a single procedure or medication, and the effects frequently stay with you forever. Brain injuries are painful and debilitating, not to mention financially devastating in many cases.
As you work toward recovery, you might face extensive medical bills, lost income from time away from work, reduced earning capacity, and other economic losses. On top of that, you could have additional damages that are harder to quantify, such as pain and suffering, emotional anguish, and loss of consortium.
The attorneys at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, can help you win fair compensation for these damages. We start by doing the following:
- Gathering evidence from the accident scene;
- Reviewing police reports, witness statements, photos, video surveillance footage, and other physical evidence;
- Consulting with expert witnesses, accident reconstruction specialists, and medical experts;
- Gathering your medical records and reviewing notes from your treating physicians; and
- Taking over the negotiation process with the responsible party’s insurance company.
We understand the financial strain that this type of injury can force upon you. Our job is to make sure that you can focus on recovery, instead of worrying about how you are going to pay your bills, care for your family, or keep up your lifestyle.
What Is the Value of My Traumatic Brain Injury Claim?
Due to the many variables involved, it is difficult to estimate the value of your traumatic brain injury claim without knowing some specific information. This includes the nature of your injury, the type and extent of medical treatment you have received, the identity of the responsible parties, and other essential details about your case.
What we can tell you, however, is that many injury victims receive several forms of compensation to cover both economic and non-economic losses.
Economic losses include those with a specific dollar value, such as:
- Medical bills, including the cost of any surgeries, hospitalizations, doctor visits, prescriptions, physical therapy you have undergone, or assistive devices you have purchased as a result of your injury;
- Lost earnings, which include income you have forfeited due to work you missed while recovering from your injury; and
- Reduced earning capacity, or the loss of earning power you now face due to how your injuries affect your ability to perform the same work you were doing before the accident.
Non-economic damages are more difficult to quantify in dollar terms. They can include:
- Pain and suffering, or compensation to pay for the physical discomfort you have suffered during and after your brain injury;
- Loss of consortium, which is money to compensate your loved ones for the loss of companionship and services they have suffered;
- Punitive damages, which punish the guilty party for reckless, willful, or malicious behavior; and
- Wrongful deathdamages, which are available if your loved one lost his or her life from a traumatic brain injury that occurred due to the wrongful actions of another party.
No Matter How Your Traumatic Brain Injury Occurred, Count on D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, to Fight for You.
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, our focus has been on traumatic brain injury victims for many years. In that time, we have had the privilege of fighting for the rights of clients injured in a variety of ways. Some of the common causes of traumatic brain injury for which we have helped clients win compensation include the following accidents.
Motor Vehicle Crashes
Car accidents continue to be a leading cause of traumatic brain injury in the United States. If a negligent driver caused your injury, we can hold them responsible.
Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents are another leading brain injury cause, particularly for senior citizens and small children. Property owners are responsible for maintaining the safety of their premises. If the property owner in your case failed in this task, we can hold them liable for your damages.
Intentional Acts of Violence
Less common but far from rare, intentional violent acts can result in severe brain injuries. Our attorneys fight for full compensation from the responsible party.
If your injury occurred due to a doctor’s negligence, we pursue both the medical provider and the facility through a medical malpractice claim.
Call 713-850-8600 Today to Schedule Your Free Consultation and Case Review.
After such a devastating injury, your focus should be on getting better, not on paying bills or dealing with financial stress. Let the lawyers at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, fight for the compensation you deserve so you can concentrate on recovery. Call us today at 713-850-8600 for a free consultation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Is the Free Consultation With a Personal Injury Attorney Like?
- What Will It Cost Me To Hire An Attorney In A Truck Accident Case?
- My Child Was Injured At School – Can I Sue?
- I Was Injured While Riding As A Passenger On A Bus, Who Can I Sue?
- How Long Do I Have To File A Lawsuit After A Truck Accident In Houston?