When someone else acts in a careless, reckless, and negligent way—and it causes you to suffer injuries—Texas personal injury laws allow you to hold the at-fault party responsible. This means you can collect compensation for the physical and emotional injuries and financial losses you suffered. A personal injury lawyer in League City can help.
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, our personal injury attorneys can evaluate your situation and explain your legal options based on the strength of your case. Our League City personal injury lawyers will explain your right to compensation and how we can help you get it in a way that you will understand. If we believe you have a valid case, we will handle the claims process for you on a contingency basis. You pay no legal fees until we win money for your damages.
Call our team today at 713-850-8600 for a free case review with a League City lawyer.
Available Damages in a Winning League City Personal Injury Case
After we investigate the full value of your damages and understand what a fair settlement will look like, we can estimate how much your claim is worth. The nature and severity of injuries you suffered—and the cost to treat them—varies depending on the type of accident. These costs play a significant part in determining the value of your claim.
In general, some of the most common types of damages we can collect for our personal injury clients include:
- Medical expenses;
- Ongoing care costs, when necessary;
- Related out-of-pocket expenses;
- Repair or replacement of damaged property;
- Repair or replacement of damaged car, motorcycle, or bicycle;
- Lost wages for time away from work;
- Lost earning capacity, if you cannot return to work;
- Wrongful deathcompensation, if you lost a family member in a fatal accident; and
- Pain and suffering, and other emotional damages.
When accident victims try to file a personal injury claim on their own, they often have trouble calculating how much their case is worth. Because of this, they may leave thousands of dollars on the table.
To avoid this issue, it is vital to understand the full value of your case before we can negotiate a fair settlement. This is why we research your expenses and losses as a part of our investigation into your claim.
What documentation is neccesary to prove the value of your case?
- Medical bills;
- Receipts from the pharmacy;
- Documentation of other care-related expenses;
- Expert testimony about your injuries, treatment, and prognosis;
- Documentation of your lasting impairments;
- Information about your future medical needs;
- Pay stubs and documentation of time away from work;
- Receipts for any accident-related expenses you paid; and
- Receipts or estimates for repair or replacement of personal property.
Negligence and Liability in a League City Personal Injury Claim
Winning a Texas personal injury case hinges on our ability to prove negligence and liability. This generally requires us to conduct an investigation and collect evidence to prove four elements:
- The at-fault party had a duty to act in a certain way, or not act in a certain way;
- They failed to do this and put you in unreasonable danger;
- This negligent action or inaction caused or failed to prevent your injuries; and
- You suffered physical injuries and financial damages in the accident.
When our League City personal injury attorneys handle your League City personal injury claim, we will manage every aspect of the case. We know what it takes to win this type of claim, and we will aggressively pursue the compensation you deserve. In addition to investigating your accident and injuries, we will:
- Identify all liable parties and the appropriate insurance policies;
- Issue a demand letter to the insurance company demanding a payout;
- Attempt to negotiate a fair settlement agreement based on the facts of your case; and
- Litigate your case if the insurance company refuses a fair settlement.
Types of Personal Injury and Negligence Accidents We Handle
League City personal injury attorneys handle personal injury claims based on almost any type of negligence accident. If you believe another person’s negligent actions may have caused your injuries, do not hesitate to call us. We will review your case for free and offer our opinion on your legal options. We have likely handled cases very similar to yours and won compensation for our clients.
The most common types of personal injuries we see occur because of:
- Car accidents;
- Truck accidents;
- 18 wheeler and semi truck accidents;
- Motorcycle accidents;
- Pedestrian accidents;
- Bicycle accidents;
- Bus accidents;
- Boating, swimming, and diving accidents;
- Slip and falls;
- Premises liabilityincidents;
- Defective product injuries;
- Dog bites;
- Drunk driving accidents; and
- Work injuries.
In general, the statute of limitations allows you two years from the date of your accident to pursue legal action against the person who caused your injuries. However, key evidence in these cases often disappears within weeks, so it is important to call us as soon as possible. We can identify, collect, and protect this evidence to ensure we build the strongest possible case for you.
Talk to a Personal Injury Lawyer in League City Today.
The League City personal injury team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, can explain your rights and legal options after a negligence accident. We offer free case evaluations, and we will help you understand the strength of your case against the person who caused your injuries. We can answer any questions you may have and calm your concerns about the process required to recover compensation.
After we discuss your incident and legal situation, we may offer to handle your case on a contingency basis. If we believe you have a valid case against the at-fault party, we will not collect any legal fees until we win your case for you.
Call our team today at 713-850-8600 for your free case review and consultation.