If you suffered an injury on someone else’s property, they could owe you for your accident-related financial losses. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ has premises liability lawyers serving Dallas. We can assist you with recovering your damages through an insurance claim or civil lawsuit.
Do You Have a Premises Liability Case?
Premises liability is a branch of personal injury law. You may have a premises liability case if you were injured because of a property owner’s negligence. We can assist with a variety of premises liability accidents and injuries.
- Dog bites
- Swimming pool accidents
- Slip and falls
- Injuries or assaults caused by negligent security
- Injuries caused by negligent maintenance
Property Owners Could Be Responsible for Careless and Unsafe Conditions
Homeowners, landlords, business owners, and other property owners have a legal duty to maintain safe premises. If their failure to do so caused your injuries, they may be legally responsible for your damages.
We can help you recover losses related to your:
Premises liability injuries can lead to expensive medical treatment, including:
- Surgical procedures
- Rehabilitation services
We can help you recover the cost of your medical bills and pursue awards for future, necessary medical treatment.
Pain and Suffering
We can help you seek damages related to your physical pain, mental anguish, and emotional suffering. This may include awards for:
- Loss of mobility
- Loss of limb
- Severe scarring
If your injury prevents you from working, we can help you pursue your lost wages. We can help you recover awards for your loss of earning potential if:
- Your injury has left you unable to return to work
- Your injury caused you to get a different job
We can seek losses related to damaged or destroyed personal property.
If your loved one suffered a fatal injury due to negligence, you can pursue an award. According to Texas law, survivor damages and damages on behalf of the deceased’s estate are available. This may include awards for:
- Loss of companionship
- Funeral and burial costs
- Medical expenses
- And more
We Can Help You Prove that Negligent Conditions Caused Your Injuries
Our attorneys can help you prove a property owner’s negligence led to your injuries. Proof of negligence will vary depending on your type of accident. For example, a business owner could be liable for your slip and fall if they:
- Failed to replace a ripped or torn section of carpeting, and you tripped
- Failed to secure their building with adequate lighting, locks, or surveillance equipment, and you were attacked
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can investigate your accident and determine who may be liable. We will:
- Locate and interview witnesses
- Hire experts
- Obtain official documents
- Gather all other available evidence to build your case
Reach out to our team to learn more about property-owner liability and how we can help you seek the awards you need.
We Will Handle Your Insurance Claim from Start to Finish
Our only goal is to help you pursue every dollar you deserve. For many types of premises liability cases, the process begins with an insurance claim. Our attorneys will:
- File your insurance claim
- Prepare and submit relevant case documents
- Manage and adhere to insurance deadlines
- Review your settlements and reject lowball offers
- Negotiate to seek the highest settlement available
If we cannot resolve your case via insurance, we can help you with a lawsuit. Legal action is bound by the statute of limitations. In general, Texas law states that you must file personal injury or wrongful death cases within a specific amount of time. You generally would have two years from your injury or your loved one’s passing. A lawyer from our team can tell you about possible deadline extensions and reductions.
What Can You Do to Help Your Case?
We want to relieve your legal burden as much as possible. However, there are things you can do to assist with your case. The first is to seek medical treatment immediately if you have not done so already. Afterward, it is important to follow the advice of your physician. This will keep your condition from worsening. It will also prevent the insurance company from blaming you for your injuries.
Another way you can help is by keeping careful records of your out-of-pocket expenses. Save your medical bills, property repair receipts, wage records, and any other relevant documentation.
Finally, if an insurance representative reaches out to you, direct them to your attorney. Do not go into detail about your accident and/or injuries, speculate on the cause of your accident, or accept any initial offers. It is best to keep the conversation brief so that the insurance company cannot use anything you say to reduce or deny your settlement.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ is an Award-Winning Injury Law Firm Serving Dallas
When you choose D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, you get a team of award-winning legal professionals. Our accolades include:
- The American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best Award for Client Satisfaction (2017-2018)
- Small Business Community Association Excellence Award
- Who’s Who Top Attorneys of North America
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100
No Award Means As Much As the Opinions of Our Clients
Serving clients has been our priority since 2002. We strive to provide personal, accessible legal services. We want to make sure our clients feel heard and respected.
We promise to:
- Outline what to expect during your case
- Answer your questions clearly, without using “legalese”
- Return your phone calls and emails promptly
- Help you schedule medical appointments, even if you do not have health insurance
- Meet at the most convenient place for you, whether that is our office, your home, or the hospital
Reach Out to Our Firm Today
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ at (713) 850-8600. A member of our team can get you started with seeking a financial recovery. Obtain a no-cost, no-obligation case evaluation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Does Texas Have a Statute Of Limitations For Personal Injury Claims?
- How to Find a Personal Injury Lawyer
- What Are Your Legal Rights If Your Child Was Injured or Killed Riding A Bicycle in Texas?
- What Qualities Should You Look For When Hiring A Personal Injury Lawyer In Houston?
- What Are Your Legal Options If Someone Is Killed in A Pedestrian Accident in Texas?