If you were injured because of someone’s careless actions and want to know if you could recover damages for medical bills and other losses, you should consult a personal injury lawyer.
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, we have helped many people obtain the financial recovery they deserve. If you are getting nowhere with the at-fault party’s insurance company, we can seek recovery on your behalf. We will file your claim and help you recover damages.
How You Could Benefit from a Personal Injury Lawyer
Simply being the victim of a personal injury is not enough to recover damages from the responsible party. It is up to you, the injured person, to show how the other party’s actions harmed you. You also need to show how these injuries resulted in damages, or financial losses.
If you are recovering from injuries, you may not have the strength or energy needed to tackle the challenging task of recovering damages.
Texas has specific requirements for cases involving liability and negligence. A personal injury lawyer serving El Paso has a deep understanding of these statutes and can guide you through the process for potential recovery.
We Take Care of the Details to Help You Recover Damages
A lawyer with our personal injury law firm can:
- Examine the circumstances that caused your accident, injury, or illness
- Identify all liable parties who may have directly or indirectly contributed to your accident, injury, or illness
- Secure evidence to prove negligence
- Compile proof of damages, such as medical bills and expert testimony
- File, manage, and negotiate with the other party’s insurance company
Our lawyers will protect your rights and keep you informed at each stage of your case. It is our goal to help you reach the best possible outcome with the least amount of stress for you.
We Handle All Kinds of Personal Injury Cases
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, has helped those injured or disabled from someone’s negligent behavior. Our lawyers combine personalized legal representation with genuine concern and compassion for our clients. We understand that an injury causes upheaval. A personal injury lawyer serving El Paso with our firm is your confidential legal advocate.
Our personal injury practice areas include but are not limited to:
- Car accidents
- Head-on collisions with injuries
- Rollover accidents
- Defective tire accidents
- Drunk driving (DWI) accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drowsy driving accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Truck accidents
- 18-wheeler and semi truck accidents
- Bus accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Defective medical products and devices
- Sexual abuse and assault
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Drowning and swimming pool accidents
- Premises liability
- Workplace and industrial accidents
- Catastrophic injuries
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bites
- Wrongful death
We offer free case evaluations. A member of our team can meet with you at your home or the hospital if you find it difficult to travel to our office.
Our Process for Helping Personal Injury Clients
Getting help from a personal injury lawyer begins with a free case evaluation. If you become a valued client, your lawyer will begin the process of seeking damages on your behalf. We have multiple lawyers, paralegals, and other professionals who are devoted to helping our clients.
Our process includes:
- A detailed examination of the circumstances surrounding your personal injury, accident, or illness
- Securing evidence that the other party is primarily responsible for your injuries
- Obtaining testimony from experts about your injuries and their financial impact on your professional and personal future
- Contacting the other party’s insurance adjuster and/or lawyer
- Gathering the proof needed to show your injuries and damages for a detailed insurance claim
Personal injury cases are often resolved with an insurance settlement. Other times, it may be necessary to go to court to get the financial recovery you deserve. Your personal injury lawyer will be by your side throughout.
Evidence Commonly Used to Prove Liability
Some personal injury cases are clear-cut. Others require more investigation to figure out who is responsible for your injuries. It is possible that more than one party may be held liable. To prove liability, our legal team will prove the at-fault party:
- Owed you a duty of reasonable care
- Breached their duty to provide it
- Caused your physical injuries and property damage
- Caused your subsequent financial damages
Our lawyer may use evidence such as:
- Police and accident reports
- Photos or videos
- Physical evidence, such as your damaged car or debris
- Witness statements
- Medical reports of your injuries
Please do not speak to anyone except your lawyer about your case. Posting comments or photos on social media may jeopardize your financial recovery.
Damages You Might Recover
The damages that you could recover for your injuries might include the following:
- Ambulance and emergency department care
- Medical treatment
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Prescriptions and medical equipment or devices
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Physical impairment
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
If you are permanently disabled because of someone’s negligence, our lawyers at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, may consult with medical and vocational experts for long-term income loss or diminished earning ability.
It is your right to consult and hire a lawyer to seek financial recovery from all responsible parties.
Our Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help Avoid a Lengthy Trial
The majority of personal injury cases are settled without the time, expense, and uncertainty of a trial. A settlement is more typical and usually is the result of the collection of evidence. This is why our team is careful and thorough when collecting evidence.
Once settlement negotiations start, our lawyer will:
- Assign a value to your case
- Make a settlement demand
- Field financial offers
- Negotiate with the insurer
You play an important role in settling your case because you, not us, will make the final decision to accept or decline a settlement. Our goal is to help you make a well-informed decision and accomplish the best possible outcome of your case.
Vet Our Law Firm with Reviews from Our Previous Clients
Satisfied previous clients can help you understand how important our client experience is. You will find reviews like these on our client testimonials page:
- Wayne Peacock: I have nothing but positive things to say. The people there are always friendly and do their best to answer any questions to the best of their ability. I would strongly recommend this firm for any of your personal injury or any other claims you may have.
- Amber Wright: D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ has done everything possible to help me and my family after my car accident…They got me the medical care I needed…If you’re ever looking for someone that will put up a good fight when you can’t, these are the people.
Find out why people trusted us to fight for their recoverable damages and recommend us to others. Read more reviews like these on our website and in our Google reviews.
Work With Our Personal Injury Lawyer Serving El Paso
According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), more than 97.9 million ER (emergency room) visits in 2018 were due to unintentional injuries.
Emergency room visits can cost you thousands of dollars in out-of-pocket expenses. If someone else is responsible for your injury, you deserve to know if you can recover these damages.
Do Not Wait to Hold the At-Fault Party Financially Liable for Your Accident
Texas law allows you two years from the date of your accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. It takes time to build a compelling case, so the sooner you get our law firm involved in your case, the better. With plenty of time to handle your case, we will:
- Conduct a thorough investigation
- Locate and interview witnesses
- Reconstruct the accident
- Gather and organize evidence
- Communicate with relevant parties
We will also handle the negotiation process for you, which can include fielding offers and clarifying the pros and cons of each. If the settlement process does not result in a settlement, we will take your case to court to keep fighting for the settlement you deserve.
Get a No-Cost, No-Obligation Evaluation of Your Case Today
If you or someone you love was injured, or if someone you love was fatally injured, in a negligence-based accident, we will handle every aspect of your case from start to finish. We work hard to help you recover damages and start rebuilding your life.
Contact one of our D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, team members by calling us to review your case today.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Is the USC Sexual Abuse Lawsuit Worth?
- What If I Didn’t Realize I Was Injured Until Weeks After My Accident?
- How Do You Know If You’ve Been Injured By a Defective Medical Device?
- How Much Compensation Should You Expect For A Brain Injury Case?
- Do You Need To Hire A Lawyer To Recover Money For A Slip And Fall Injury?