If you were a passenger in an Uber or Lyft vehicle and you were injured in an accident due to driver negligence or careless actions, you may be able to sue Uber or Lyft. An Uber & Lyft accident lawyer in Missouri City, TX can meet with you to discuss your case and explore your legal options.
We may be able to help you file a claim and negotiate a settlement to recover your economic and noneconomic damages. To find out more about how our law firm can help you during this difficult time, contact D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case review today: 713-850-8600.
How Did Your Uber or Lyft Accident Occur?
The circumstances of your accident may determine how our legal team moves forward with your case. You may have experienced the following during your accident:
- The driver was texting or talking to someone on the phone before they lost control of the vehicle.
- The driver had been drinking, taking narcotics, or prescription medication and was unable to operate the vehicle safely.
- The driver was not qualified to transport passengers in a vehicle for commercial use. The driver may have lacked the physical or mental capacity to do the job.
- The driver did not properly maintain the vehicle and make it safe for commercial use. As a result, a blown tire or other malfunction caused the driver to crash.
Regardless of how you were injured, a D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Uber & Lyft attorney can go over the details of your accident to determine the facts of the case.
Call us at 713-850-8600 to set up a free case evaluation.
What You Need to Prove Driver Liability
No matter how clear-cut your case is, Uber or Lyft or their insurance company will likely require proof of driver liability. They may even challenge or deny your claim. Furthermore, the driver may also deny responsibility for the accident.
Our team can work with you to investigate the accident, obtain the necessary evidence, and submit the required documents to all relevant parties. We may be able to obtain the following evidence to support your claim:
- Police reports and statements from the officer on the scene
- Photos of the wreckage
- Medical reports, bills, receipts, or other documents
- Eyewitness accounts
- Expert testimony from investigators or physicians
- Employee driving records
- Vehicle maintenance records
How D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Can Help You Win Your Case
Our law firm will work closely with you to validate your claim and help you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries, expenses, and losses. We can help you win your case in the following ways:
Manage Your Case
A D. Miller & Associates, PLLC car accident attorney can collect and organize all your paperwork, prepare and submit the necessary documents, engage with all relevant parties on your behalf, and ensure that you meet all regulations and deadlines.
Fight for a Fair Settlement
We will determine the value of your claim and then negotiate a settlement with Uber or Lyft’s insurance company to help you recover your damages. The insurance adjuster will look at your claim and either deny your claim or offer a settlement. You may not want to accept the first settlement offer without running it by us first. Our legal team can review the offer to help you decide if it is fair or adequate.
File a Lawsuit in Court
If you feel that the settlement offer is unfair or if the insurance company denies your claim, you can file a lawsuit and pursue your case in court. We can represent you through litigation and continue to help you.
We will work hard to protect your rights. Call us at 713-850-8600 for a free consultation.
The Value of Your Uber or Lyft Accident Case
How much you can recover in an Uber or Lyft settlement depends on the nature of the accident, the extent of your injuries, and how your injuries affected different areas of you or your family’s life. We may be able to help you claim the following damages:
You may account for medical expenses such as:
- ER visit
- ICU or surgical care
- Hospitalization or stay in a medical facility
- Physical therapy or rehabilitative services
- Medical devices
- In-home care or disability
Current or Future Income Loss
You may have lost pay due to your injuries. If you are permanently disabled, you may have lost benefits, insurance, or retirement or future earning capacity.
In addition to your medical expenses and lost pay, you may have also experienced severe pain and suffering, loss of consortium, or loss of quality of life.
You Have Two Years to File Your Uber or Lyft Accident Claim
You have two years from the date of the injury to file a lawsuit as per the statute of limitations.
Failing to file a claim within the time period may lead to you no longer having grounds to pursue the liable Uber or Lyft driver. You may also lose your rights to compensation for your damages. Be sure to submit your claim before this period lapses.
Contact an Uber or Lyft Accident Lawyer in Missouri, Texas
is dedicated to safeguarding your legal rights under Texas law. If you have been hurt as a result of an Uber or Lyft driver’s negligence or careless actions, we can work on your behalf to help you win your case.
Contact our law firm at 713-850-8600 and let us answer your questions and move forward with your claim.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Are There Any Downsides To Having The Texas Minimum For Auto Insurance In An Accident?
- What Does the USC Sexual Abuse Settlement Cover?
- Should I Take An Ambulance After A Car Accident In Houston?
- Do You Have To File a Lawsuit To Recover Damages From an Auto Accident In Texas?
- Will My Health Insurance Cover Me In A Motorcycle Accidents?