Have you or someone you love been injured by a drunk driver? You could be entitled to seek financial recovery from the at-fault driver. Our El Paso, Texas drunk driving accident and injury lawyer will file an insurance claim or lawsuit on your behalf. We can help you recoup the income you lose while you recover from your injuries. You can also recover the costs of your medical bills and pain and suffering.
We offer a free case evaluation that lets us make an initial assessment of your case. It also gives you the chance to find out how hard we fight for you. We will investigate the accident and handle all case-related communication on your behalf. Our D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® team never stops fighting for you or for the financial recovery you need and deserve.
Financial Recovery Options After a Drunk Driving Accident in El Paso, Texas
When we build your case, we make sure you understand every state law that is applicable to you. Texas law provides a limited window of opportunity for you to file a personal injury lawsuit. It also limits the time to two years that surviving families of car accident fatalities have to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Our personal injury lawyer serving El Paso will explain other Texas laws that may impact your case. For example, If the intoxicated driver who caused your accident was overserved at a business or establishment, Texas law may allow you to assign liability to additional parties.
Texas law may also entitle you to recover punitive damages. Although, punitive damages are rare, they may be possible in your case since the driver’s intoxication demonstrates neglect and a reckless disregard for your safety.
Recoverable Economic Damages
You can hold the drunk driver responsible for economic or tangible damages. These are easily documented and typically incur an out-of-pocket cost. They include:
- Medical bills
- Rehab and therapy
- Income loss
- Property damage
- Property destruction
We will collect the evidence that proves the monetary value of your recoverable tangible damages. It can include medical health care bills, mental health care bills, and proof of income.
Recoverable Non-Economic Damages
The trauma of being struck by a drunk driver can leave visible and non-visible scars. You could also be entitled to recover non-economic damages that cover this intangible portion of your injury case. They include:
- Lasting disabilities
- Physical disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional trauma
- Diminished quality of life
Your medical records, written prognosis, and your own written statement about the toll your injuries have taken will document the monetary value of your non-economic damages.
Recoverable Wrongful Death Damages
Your family — typically the deceased’s parents, spouse, and/or children — are entitled to financial recovery if a drunk driver caused the loss of a loved one. Our law firm will help you recover their funeral and burial expenses. You can also recover the loss of consortium, companionship, guidance, and society.
When we represent you in a survival action, we ensure the appropriate family member files a wrongful death action within the allotted time. You have our condolences on your family’s loss and our commitment to pursue the at-fault party on your behalf.
Working with Our Drunk Driving Accident & Injury Lawyer Serving El Paso
If you or someone you love were injured by a drunk driver, our legal team will help you build a strong case for financial recovery. One of the primary benefits of working with our law firm is the time it gives you to focus on your recovery.
While you concentrate on getting better, our drunk driving accident and injury lawyer serving El Paso, Texas will:
- Collect and organize evidence
- Handle all case-related communication
- Read and review your police report
- Read and review your medical records
- Consult with expert witnesses
- Order an accident reconstruction report
Our team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® will handle the negotiations process for you. We will submit evidence to the at-fault party’s insurance company and negotiate a settlement that lets you start recovering your health and putting your life back together.
Evidence That Supports Your Right to Recover Monetary Damages
The investigation we initiate will prove the elements of negligence — duty, breach, causation, and damages. The evidence we collect to prove these elements can include:
- Medical records that prove the cost of your treatment. They can include rehab and therapy records, assistive medical devices, surgical procedures, and required drugs.
- Employment and salary history records. These can include paycheck stubs, direct deposit receipts, tax forms, and client invoices if you are a full or partial business owner.
- Photos and videos. These can include police-generated, smartphone, dashcam, security, and surveillance imagery and footage.
We also include lay and expert witness statements that support your version of events. Our law firm will collect them for you.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® Makes Your Case a Priority
Our client-focused team is committed to providing ongoing client care. When previous clients share their experiences online, they leave testimonials like the following:
- “Highly satisfied with my experience…Malory genuinely cares about her clients. I certainly do not hesitate to recommend her to anyone that I know. She also made sure to get my medical treatment after my car accident.” – Victoria Perez
- “After being involved in an accident, I was unsure of what to do or what to expect, but Malory, my case manager, was amazing…If you need someone you can trust to take care of you after your accident, call this firm and ask for Malory. You will not be disappointed!” – Samantha Tapia
We never stop fighting for the injured clients we represent. Our personal injury law firm provides compassionate, personalized legal care and support when you need it most.
Call for Your Free Case Evaluation Today
If you were hit by a drunk driver in El Paso, you could have the basis of a personal injury insurance claim or lawsuit. Our drunk driving accident and injury lawyer serving El Paso will help you explore your options for financial recovery. Find out more by contacting our consultation team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® today.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Happens If Your Car Accident Was Caused By A Defect Or Repair Mistake In Texas?
- How Much of a Settlement Should I Expect for A Herniated Disk?
- What Are Slip and Fall Injury Cases Worth in Texas?
- What Should I Do if the Trucking Company Contacts Me After My Accident?
- What Can I Do if My Child Is Hit by a Car?