Commercial Truck Accident Lawyer Serving Grand Prairie
You will want to talk to a commercial truck accident lawyer serving Grand Prairie from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® after getting injured in a collision that involved one of these vehicles. You should not have to go through this process by yourself. The truck accident injury insurance claim process can be convoluted and frustrating. Also, you might need to file a lawsuit for the insurance company to take your claim seriously.
A truck accident lawyer could answer your questions about your injury claim and help you navigate each step of the process. Most injury cases settle out of court, even those claims in which the injured person must file a lawsuit. Your attorney could continue to negotiate with the at-fault party after the lawsuit gets filed.
How a Grand Prairie Truck Accident Could Impact Your Life
People often suffer severe, even debilitating, injuries in commercial truck accidents. After such a collision, the injured person might not be able to perform the same type of work as before to support themselves because of permanent impairments. You could face massive medical expenses now and in the future.
Catastrophic wounds can rob a person of their ability to live independently and enjoy the activities they did before an accident. You might not be able to provide as much income or as many services for your family because of your injuries and losses. People in these situations will want to work with commercial truck accident lawyers on their claims.
Recoverable Damages in Grand Prairie Commercial Vehicle Accident Injury Claims
If you got injured in a commercial vehicle collision in the Grand Prairie, Texas area and someone else caused the accident because of negligent conduct, you might be able to recover your losses from that party. Some of the common categories of damages in these injury claims include:
- Medical expenses for the treatment of your injuries. This category can include things like the ambulance or life flight, trauma center, hospital, imaging studies like x-rays or CAT scans, operations, blood transfusions, doctors, and prescription drugs.
- You might need extended medical treatment and therapy at a rehabilitation center if you suffered catastrophic injuries in a commercial truck collision, like spinal cord damage or head trauma.
- Your lost wages damages could include the paychecks you missed while recuperating from your wounds and future lost wages if your injuries prevent you from earning as much income as you did before the accident.
- Intangible losses can include post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), disfigurement, and damages from pain and suffering.
You will want to talk to your attorney about other possible categories of losses for which you can seek financial recovery in your claim or lawsuit. After you resolve your case through a settlement or verdict, you cannot go back and ask for more damages.
Who Could Be Liable for Your Losses
In our investigation of the accident, we look for every possible defendant who might have some liability for your injuries. You might be surprised at how many accidents are the result of the mistakes of more than one party, combining to create a perfect storm that causes a motor vehicle accident.
- The driver of the commercial truck could cause the collision through negligent conduct like speeding, reckless lane changes, improper training, or drowsy driving. Commercial drivers often push the limits of what the law will allow on the number of hours driven without a rest.
- The driver of another vehicle could have caused or contributed to the collision through negligence. Distracted driving is a dangerous problem that leads to many motor vehicle accidents. Also, running a red light, exceeding the speed limit, and driving while under the influence of alcohol are some examples of negligence that can cause accidents.
- The employer of the truck driver could have liability if they engaged in negligent conduct like inadequate background checks when hiring the driver, insufficient training, or a lack of appropriate supervision of the drivers.
Sometimes, one party caused the accident while another party contributed to the collision by careless conduct that kept them from being able to avoid the accident.
The Statute of Limitations for Your Grand Prairie Commercial Truck Accident Injury Case
You want to talk to a commercial truck accident lawyer serving Grand Prairie, TX as soon as possible to avoid procedural problems that could destroy your injury claim. Under Texas law, you only have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit for your losses. The Texas law on wrongful death cases also limits you to two years for filing your case.
These filing deadlines, called statutes of limitations, bar you from filing a case seeking financial recovery for your injuries, unless you get your lawsuit filed in time. Also, you will not be able to go after a settlement with the insurance company after the two-year time limit.
After the statute of limitations expires, you cannot file a lawsuit, so the insurance company has no legal liability toward you for your losses from the commercial truck accident. If you were trying to handle your case on your own without an attorney and the claims adjuster suddenly stopped communicating with you, it might be because the statute of limitations expired. Working with a lawyer can ensure you don’t miss important deadlines.
It can help to hear what former clients say about their lawyers.
“Very hard-working people. They are very in depth, professional, flawless responsibility to each client. What an exceptional experience. A genuine concern and care for their clients.” S.C.
This testimonial is but one of many reviews on our website that you can read.
What Our Lawyers Can Do for You in Your Commercial Truck Accident Case
A commercial truck accident attorney serving Grand Prairie, TX can help you navigate the convoluted injury claims process and possible litigation to help you pursue the financial recovery you deserve. You should not have to bear the economic cost of someone else’s actions.
Here at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®, we fight relentlessly to get our clients the financial recovery they deserve. We treat our clients with respect and compassion, making ourselves readily accessible for their questions.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Do You Go About Getting Compensated For A Car Accident Injury In Texas?
- How Do You Know If Your Injuries Are Serious Enough to Contact a Lawyer?
- What Is the Average Time to Settle a Personal Injury Case in Texas?
- Should I Call the Police After My Truck Accident?
- Seven Things to Know Before Speaking With an Insurance Adjuster