In Texas, bicycles must follow all laws, signs, and rules of the road as cars and other vehicles like trucks or motorcycles. However, bicyclists are more vulnerable in an accident. If you were injured in a bicycle accident, you could be eligible for compensation. A bicycle accident lawyer serving Atascocita can explain how you could recover expenses such as medical bills. For a free case evaluation, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
Harris County Has a High Rate of Bicycle Accidents
Harris County is one of ten counties in Texas with the highest number of bicycle accidents and fatalities. That is why you should contact the law firm of D. Miller & Associates, PLLC. If you are in pain because of someone else’s actions, you could recover compensation for damages including:
- Physical injuries
- Ambulance and ER services
- Mental anguish
- Medical bills both current and future
- Compensation for lost wages
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Diminished earning ability
We are a plaintiffs-only law firm. Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped countless men and women injured through negligence or intentional harm. We are here to help you. You pay no attorney fees unless and until we recover compensation. For a free case evaluation, please call (713) 850-8600.
A Bicycle Accident Law Firm Serving Atascocita Can Determine Liability
A lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will determine the cause of your bicycle accident. Did a car swerve into the bicycle lane? Was the driver drunk and ran a red light? It is important to know the details of your accident so that we can determine who is liable for your damages. You could recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other accident-related damages.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Can Seek Compensation for You
As bicycle accident lawyers serving Atascocita, we have seen the unfortunate results of these collisions. We know that you might be convalescing at home or in the hospital. The last thing you need is dealing with an insurance adjuster. We practice personal injury law and understand the process of filing and negotiating insurance settlements. You do not pay attorney fees unless we are successful. For your free case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600.
We Have Recovered Hundreds of Millions for Clients in 17 Years of Practice
- Miller & Associates, PLLC has recovered $280,376,000.00 for injured and disabled clients in our 17 years of practice. Our attorneys have a combined 66 years of experience. We have a large team of lawyers, paralegals, and investigators dedicated to recovering compensation through settlements and verdicts. To learn more, call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Here Is What You Can Expect from Our Firm:
- Free case evaluation
- No recovery, no attorney fee
- Personal attention
- Promptly returned calls and emails
- Thorough examination of evidence, medical records, and other information about your accident
- Skilled negotiation with the insurance company
- Oversight for proper procedure and protection of your rights
- Trained trial attorneys
Even if You Played a Part in the Accident, You Could Still Seek Compensation
Bicyclists are treated as vehicles in Texas. As a bicycle rider, you are expected to obey all laws, signs, and signals. However, even if you broke a bicycle law, you could still seek compensation under our states modified comparative negligence law:
- You are less than 51 percent or less at fault than the other party.
- You can show the other party is negligent and caused your injuries and subsequent damages.
How We Show Liability to Seek Compensation for You
If your bicycle accident in Atascocita occurred because another person was negligent and primarily responsible for the accident, you could seek compensation from their insurance. The four steps to show liability are:
- The other person, or the defendant, had a duty of care to be a responsible motorist.
- The defendant either purposefully or recklessly did not uphold these responsibilities.
- The defendant’s negligence caused the accident and your injuries.
- The defendant is accountable for the physical, mental, and financial damages from these injuries.
We Pursue Compensation Through Settlements or Verdicts
- Miller & Associates, PLLC has recovered more than $250 million for injured clients including bicycle accident victims. Our first step in recovering compensation is filing a claim with the defendant’s insurance company. Often, we can negotiate a fair settlement. In other cases, we successfully recovered compensation with a courtroom verdict. If we do file a bicycle accident lawsuit on your behalf, this is a civil action.
You Have the Right to Seek Compensation
Texas allows two years from the date of your accident to file a lawsuit. You are legally entitled to pursue compensation for damages. A bicycle accident lawyer serving Atascocita can explain your legal options. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation at (713) 850-8600.
Know Your Rights and Responsibilities as a Bicyclist
It is up to you to know the rules of the road. For example, Texas does not have a statewide mandatory bicycle helmet law. However, several cities and municipalities do require helmets, typically for younger riders. Statistics show that wearing a bicycle helmet can prevent severe injury or death.
Responsible Bicycle Riders Always:
- Obey red lights and stop signs
- Use hand signals for turns and stops
- Have a white headlamp and red rear lamp or reflector visible from 500 feet away
- Ride only where designated
- Follow the rules of the road
We Help Bicycle Accident Clients in Atascocita
You could receive compensation for your bicycle accident injuries. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation: (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Do You Respond to A Low Personal Injury Settlement Offer?
- What Are the Downsides of Not Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer for Your Case?
- How Do You Afford a Lifetime of Medical Bills After a Spinal Cord Injury In An Accident?
- What Are Your Legal Rights If Your Child Was Injured or Killed Riding A Bicycle in Texas?
- What Types of Injury Cases Fall Under Premises Liability Law In Texas?