If you are a cyclist injured by a careless driver, you could be entitled to recover for your medical bills, damaged bike, and other expenses. A bicycle accident lawyer in Spring, TX from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will evaluate your case for free. If you qualify, our firm can pursue recovery from the driver’s insurance coverage. Call 713-850-8600 for a complimentary case evaluation.
Actions To Take After a Bicycle Accident in Spring
First, please get examined by a healthcare professional if you have not already. Even if you think you have only minor bruises or cuts, you could have a more severe injury, such as a concussion or internal bleeding.
Next, take pictures of your bicycle, helmet (if you wore one), and other riding gear. Keep all your bicycling equipment, even if it is in pieces.
Write what you remember about the accident, including the time of day, weather conditions, and location.
Keep your medical bills, pay stubs, and other evidence of financial damages.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation: 713-850-8600. Our team can help you through this tough time so you can rest and recover.
What You Can Expect from Our Bicycle Accident Lawyers
- D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has successfully recovered compensation for our clients who were injured in similar accidents. We understand the liability and negligence laws in Texas. Our bicycle accident lawyers in Spring, TX will strenuously pursue a recovery.
We Find Out Who Is Liable for Your Damages
In our experience, it is negligent drivers that often cause bicycle accidents. Common causes of bicycle collisions include:
- Drivers operating a vehicle under the influence.
- Drivers passing too closely and forcing the bicyclist off the road.
- Motorists not yielding or checking blind spots to turn or change lanes.
- Opening doors on a parked vehicle directly in a bicycle’s path.
- Backing up into a cyclist or a bike lane when exiting or making a three-point turn.
If a careless driver caused your accident, a bicycle accident lawyer in Spring will determine their liability. There are a few factors to consider:
- The driver must uphold their expected duty of care to avoid accidents by obeying speed limits, using turn signals, and other responsible motorist actions. If they did not, the driver is negligent and could be accountable.
- The driver’s negligence must have caused the accident and your injuries to be liable.
- Your injuries must have caused you to suffer damages.
Bicycle accident injuries affect your physical, mental, and financial well-being. You may be eligible for compensation from the negligent party’s insurance coverage. An injury lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will file a claim for you. You should not have to deal with an insurance adjuster while you are recuperating. For a free case evaluation, please call 713-850-8600.
Bicycle Accidents Can Be Painful and Expensive
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, there were more than 2,600 reported bicycle accidents in 2017. Fifty-seven of these accidents were fatal, and hundreds of cyclists suffered injuries. As you can see, these accidents can result in serious, expensive injuries.
A vehicle accident lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will help you pursue compensation for expenses such as:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lost income and benefits
- Decreased earning ability
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Bicycle repair or replacement
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Some injuries take weeks or months of physical therapy. If you are unable to work during this time, your financial situation can quickly spiral out of control. We understand the physical, mental, and financial strain you are under. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will negotiate for the best possible outcome with the insurance company. You do not pay attorney fees unless until we recover for you. For a free case evaluation, please call 713-850-8600.
We Represent Surviving Family Members in a Wrongful Death Claim
If a loved one passed away from bicycle accident injuries, we offer our condolences. Please allow us to be your advocate while you mourn. We will do our best to recover compensation to ease the financial burden of losing a loved one. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will assess your situation and seek recovery for the following economic and noneconomic losses in a wrongful death action:
- Lost income had your loved one lived a typical life expectancy, including benefits, annuities, and stock options
- Medical bills
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of companionship, support, protection, and guidance
- Mental anguish
Our Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Spring, TX Focus on Helping Injured Clients
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped thousands of men and women in Spring and throughout Texas who were hurt by someone’s negligence. We do not charge attorney fees unless we are successful. You receive professional, compassionate attention from our attorneys, paralegals, and other staff.
If you were injured in a bicycle accident, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600 for a free, no-obligation case evaluation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- If A Car Accident Is Not My Fault, What Do I Do?
- Can You File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit if Someone Dies in a Fatal Motorcycle Accident in Texas?
- What if You Have Trouble Paying Medical Bills After a Serious Car Accident?
- What Can You Recover for a Wrongful Death From a Truck Accident in Texas?
- Can You Sue For Distracted Driving Accidents In Texas?