If you suffered physical or emotional harm from an 18-wheeler or semi-truck accident in Edinburg, TX, we can help you. Accidents with commercial trucks result in serious injuries.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC fights for your losses. You will not pay any fees unless we are successful.
Can I sue? Do I sue the trucking company or the driver? Can you pursue compensation from the truck driver’s employer? You deserve answers to your legal questions. Are you eligible to seek damages even if you partially contributed to the accident? Our legal team understands the complexities of Texas civil law.
We look forward to speaking with you. For a free case review, please call (713) 850-8600.
You Could Receive Compensation Even if You Are Partly Responsible
Texas is one of ten states with the highest average number of truck accidents. It is possible that the truck driver is 100 percent at-fault for the accident. Even if you responsible for part of the crash, you may still be eligible to recover for your medical bills, property damage, and other expenses.
How the 51 Percent Rule Works
Texas has a modified comparative negligence law which is often called the 51 percent rule. Here is how it works:
- If you are less than 51 percent at-fault for the accident, you may still pursue a claim from the insurance company for your expenses and losses.
- Your claim may be reduced by the percentage of your responsibility for the accident.
- You have only two years to file a truck accident lawsuit.
We Help with Insurance Claims to Make You Whole
Eighteen-wheelers, semi-trucks, tractor trailers may be called different names and serve many purposes, but they are all massive in size and weight. A fully loaded semi-truck weighs as much as 40 tons, ten times the weight of an average car. That is a part of why expenses and losses from truck accidents are generally significant. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will help you recover from your injuries.
Insurance companies want to settle quickly and inexpensively. They understand that you have bills piling up and they know you want to get your life back to normal. However, it is in your best interest to speak with an 18-wheeler and semi-truck accident lawyer before you accept any payment or make any statement to the insurance company. We review your case to recover potential compensation for many kinds of expenses including:
- Medical bills, including doctor visits, hospital stays, X-rays, and other related expenses
- Property damage including repairs to your car, and rental fees for temporary transportation
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning ability because of a disability or disfigurement
Each case is unique, please call our firm for a free consultation at (713) 850-8600.
D. Miller & Associates, Pllc Pursues Compensation From At-Fault Parties
Truck accidents do not just happen. Commercial trucks are regulated by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). According to the 2016 crash data, speeding, and distracted driving (for example, using a cell phone) were key contributors to truck accidents. Other reasons for accidents involving large commercial trucks include:
- Poor truck maintenance
- Driving while impaired from alcohol, drugs, or fatigue (drowsy driving)
- Unbalanced or overweight loads
- Equipment failure including defective parts
We will pursue compensation from all parties who may be at-fault. This includes the truck driver and the truck company. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has successfully resolved 18-wheeler and semi-truck cases.
We Concentrate on Your Case so You Can Focus on Recovery
Truck accidents generally cause physical, mental, and financial damage for you and your loved ones. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC is the law firm for you. Our focus is helping you recover. You should not have to deal with insurance companies, while you are recovering from injuries. It is our privilege to represent our Edinburg neighbors with professional and compassionate service.
As an 18-wheeler and semi-truck accident law firm, we will take care of:
- Collecting all the expenses
- Gathering evidence
- Conducting a background check
- Negotiating with the insurance company
Your Case Is Important to Us
You do not have to face the handling of a truck accident alone. Our award-winning firm has successfully resolved many 18-wheeler and semi-truck accidents. We would like to help you. You do not pay attorney fees unless we are able to recover. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 for a free consultation about your truck accident.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Is the Average Time to Settle a Personal Injury Case in Texas?
- Why Do Traumatic Brain Injury Claims Have Such Large Verdicts & Settlements?
- 18-Wheeler & Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Pasadena, TX
- Can You Recover Money For Non-Injury Damages In a Car Accident?
- What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident in Texas