If you or a loved one suffered a severe, life-altering injury in Dallas County, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ wants to advocate for you. Our Dallas catastrophic injury lawyers know how to deal with insurance companies and fight for the recovery our clients need.
You don’t have to handle the challenges of a claim or lawsuit alone. We will manage all dealings with the insurance company, evaluate your losses, and pursue what you deserve.
Financial Recovery Should Account for Each of Your Losses
Any personal injury can be devastating, but those categorized as “catastrophic” have an especially severe, long-lasting impact on victims’ lives. Catastrophic injuries could merit recovery for:
- Pain and suffering: Both the injury itself and any lifestyle changes can cause mental and physical anguish.
- Lost quality of life: Many people take their independent lifestyles for granted. Suddenly losing that due to a catastrophic injury can be devastating.
- Disability: Traumatic brain injuries, lost limbs, damaged organs, and other injuries can all impact your ability to live life the way you want.
Serious injuries can also be very expensive. The more severe the injury, the more you can pursue for:
- Medical treatment: Medical bills can quickly add up if you need intensive treatment or expect to require long-term care for your injuries.
- Loss of wages: This applies to those who took time off work as their injuries were healing. You can also seek recovery for job-related benefits that your injuries deprived you of.
- Loss of earning capacity: Catastrophic injuries may have a permanent impact on your career. You can pursue the financial difference between what you could make before the accident versus what you can make now.
The party who caused your injuries should pay for your losses. This could be an individual, a business, or even a government entity.
What do Catastrophic Injury Lawyers Serving Dallas Do?
Catastrophic injury lawyers help personal injury claimants seek recovery for their financial and non-financial losses. Not hiring a lawyer can place unnecessary stress on you and your loved ones.
Instead of filing a case on your own, you can rely on a catastrophic injury lawyer from our firm for guidance. We serve clients in Dallas who want help with:
- Building their cases: We collect evidence like witness statements, police reports, and medical records to support our clients’ cases. We can even visit the accident scene to collect data, if we think it would help your case.
- Assess your losses: We want to recover everything you need to account for your past, present, and future hardships. This way, we know how much to request from the liable party.
- Managing paperwork and communications: Our team can file all necessary paperwork throughout your case. Also, we can talk to the liable party and their representatives, so you don’t have to.
- Negotiating a settlement: Many of our cases settle out of court. In the past, we’ve accomplished this by meeting with insurance companies and presenting compelling evidence.
- Going to court: In cases where we cannot reach a settlement agreement, we can schedule a trial and represent your interests in the courtroom.
In addition, we strive to make our services as accessible as possible. We are always here to answer our clients’ questions, and we even host Facebook livestreams to get the answers you need. At our firm, we prioritize your well-being and legal goals above all else.
Still not sure if you want to hire us? We offer free evaluations to provide potential clients with the information they want to make informed decisions.
How do Catastrophic Injuries Happen in Dallas, Texas?
Any type of severe accident can result in catastrophic injuries. We advocate for people who have suffered catastrophic injuries due to:
According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), in 2020, Dallas County saw 31 commercial vehicle accident fatalities and 112 “suspected serious injuries,” which the report identifies as a synonym for “incapacitating injuries.” Such accidents are often caused by human error, such as:
- Driving too fast
- Disobeying traffic lights, signs, or signals
- Driving while distracted, drunk, or drowsy
- Engaging in reckless or violent behavior
Collisions involving trucks, motorcycles, or pedestrians can sometimes be even more devastating than car-on-car accidents. This is because:
- Trucks are much larger and heavier than other vehicles on the road.
- Motorcycles are smaller than other vehicles and don’t protect riders from impact.
- Pedestrians have no protection whatsoever against a collision with any sort of vehicle.
Everyone relies on medical professionals to keep them healthy. Yet, even experienced healthcare professionals can make grievous errors. Incapacitating injuries may result from these forms of medical malpractice:
- Failing to promptly diagnose and/or treat a serious medical condition
- Prescribing a treatment in error
- Providing treatment in a careless or substandard way
- Failing to perform necessary lab tests and imaging scans
- Failing to consult a patient’s medical history before administering treatment
- Applying too much force when delivering a child
At-fault parties in a medical malpractice case can include doctors, nurses, hospital administrators, and lab technicians.
Swimming Pool Accidents
Pools can be dangerous places, especially for young children who cannot swim or do not understand pool safety. A pool owner could face liability if they failed to mitigate risks by:
- Putting a fence around the pool’s area
- Keeping the gate around the pool locked when no one was around
- Putting up warning signs to alert others of possible dangers
- Supervising children while in the pool
Our Lawyers Help Those Suffering from Catastrophic Injuries in Dallas
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ for a free case evaluation today. A catastrophic injury lawyer from our office would be happy to make your life easier by confronting the insurance companies on your behalf. We’re committed to recovering the damages you need to account for your losses.
Our team serves Dallas, Texas, and other communities throughout the state. Now, we’re ready to serve you.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Can You Hire Our Personal Injury Lawyers with No Money?
- Who Is the Best Personal Injury Lawyer in Houston, TX?
- What Are Your Legal Rights If Your Child Was Injured or Killed Riding A Bicycle in Texas?
- What Happens If You Get In An Accident In An Uber In Texas?
- What Should You Do if You Are Injured as a Pedestrian Accident in Texas?