Motorcycle accidents are among the worst kind of traffic accidents for the simple reason that riders have little protection. If you were injured in a motorcycle accident caused by a reckless motorist, you could recover damages from the liable party. Drivers play a vital role in motorcycle safety, and when a negligent driver causes injury to another person, that person should be able to hold the driver liable.
Few people feel comfortable pursuing recovery on their own. In addition, you could be facing surgery or a lengthy rehabilitation process. It may be time to call a motorcycle accident lawyer serving Canada who understands these kinds of cases and can provide legal guidance.
Call today for a free case evaluation at (713) 850-8600.
Why You Should Call a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today
There are statutes of limitations, or deadlines, for filing a personal injury lawsuit in Canada. Often, a lawsuit is filed because the defendant’s insurance company will not negotiate in good faith.
In addition to these provincial statutes of limitations, there are other reasons why we suggest calling a motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible:
- Evidence can erode or be removed.
- Witnesses may not have as clear a recollection the longer you wait.
- You deserve to have time to recuperate and focus on your recovery.
A motorcycle accident lawyer with our firm is ready to help you recover damages on a contingency basis.
Benefits of Hiring a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
A motorcycle accident lawyer can assess your case to determine the scope of your injuries and damages.
Our firm has the resources to build a strong case. We typically pursue recovery first from the at-fault party’s insurance company before filing a lawsuit.
A motorcycle accident lawyer provides the following services:
- Protecting and preserving your legal rights
- Collecting evidence and documentation that shows liability
- Identifying all liable parties
- Compiling receipts and other proof of expenses related to your injuries
- Talking to your medical provider about your injuries and how they affect your professional and personal future
- Filing and managing the insurance claim
If you or a family member was injured in a motorcycle accident caused by someone’s reckless behavior, call our firm today for a free, no-obligation case evaluation at
Legal Considerations in a Motorcycle Accident Case
To recover damages, a motorcycle accident lawyer must establish how the other party caused or contributed to your injuries.
Establishing liability is dependent on proving that certain factors exist:
- The at-fault party owed you a duty of care to take reasonable measures in preventing your injuries.
- The at-fault party breached this duty in some manner, such as by speeding or performing an improper lane change.
- This negligence caused you to suffer physical and emotional injuries.
- You have damages from these injuries in the form of medical bills, lost pay, mental anguish, and other losses.
A motorcycle accident lawyer serving Canada can support a liability claim with evidence that might include:
- Police and accident reports
- Eyewitness accounts
- Photos and videos of the accident site, damage to your motorcycle, and debris
- Expert testimony from accident reconstruction professionals
- The other party’s driving history
- Blood or drug test results if applicable
As you can see, there are many factors in a motorcycle accident case. You deserve to know your legal rights and how to exercise them. Call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
We Can Help with Many Types of Motorcycle and Traffic Accidents
We can handle your accident, regardless of how it occurred. We accept all types of motorcycle and motor vehicle accidents including:
- Head-on collisions with injuries
- Drunk driving (DWI) accidents
- Drowsy driving accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Accidents caused by defective tires, manufacturer parts, or repairs
- Accidents caused by road debris or other exterior conditions
- Hit and run accidents
- 18-wheeler and semi-truck accidents
- Bus accidents
- Multiple vehicle accidents
Our lawyers have a deep understanding of liability and negligence laws. While we cannot predict the outcome of your case, you may be assured of our highest adherence to legal and professional standards and conduct.
We Help Recover Damages from All Liable Parties
In some motorcycle accidents, there may be more than one liable party. For example, if you were struck by a commercial vehicle, the trucking company or operator may also be held accountable.
The exact damages in your case will depend on the extent and severity of your injuries and property loss but may include:
- Medical treatment
- Property damage including temporary transportation, repair, or replacement
- Lifecare expenses
- Lost pay due to time off for injuries
- Diminished earning ability if injuries result in temporary or permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium or companionship
You should not have to deal with the insurance company or the defendant’s lawyer while you are recovering from your injuries. Let our motorcycle accident lawyers manage your case and help you recover the damages you may deserve. Call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
We Can Help if You Lost a Loved One in a Motorcycle Accident
According to the Government of Canada, 191 motorcyclists lost their lives in 2017. If you lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, we extend our condolences.
Our firm may be able to help you and other surviving family members obtain financial recovery for wrongful death if another party caused the collision.
Wrongful death damages could include:
- Lost income, benefits, and annuities had your loved one lived a normal life expectancy
- Medical bills until your loved one’s passing
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium, companionship, protection, or support
Typically, the spouse, parent, or child of the victim may seek legal counsel to file a wrongful death claim or lawsuit.
Call a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Serving Canada Today
There are numerous benefits when you hire a motorcycle accident lawyer. We invite you to call for a free case evaluation at (713) 850-8600. A team member can come to your home or the hospital if that is more convenient for you.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Happens If The Other Driver Was Drunk In My Texas Car Accident?
- What’s the Most That a Pedestrian Can Sue for Car Accident Injuries in Texas?
- What’s The Average Wrongful Death Settlement In Texas?
- What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident in Texas
- How Much of a Settlement Should I Expect for A Herniated Disk?