- Miller & Associates, PLLC believes that you should not have to suffer after being injured in a commercial vehicle accident. Our commercial vehicle accident lawyers will protect your rights and help you with:
- Identifying all liable parties
- Collecting evidence to prove liability
- Filing and managing your insurance claim with the other party’s carrier
- Taking your case to trial if necessary
Commercial vehicle accidents can leave you injured and feeling vulnerable. Our legal team will work hard to help you recover damages for medical bills, lost wages, and other losses.
Call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
It Is Your Right to Have a Lawyer Help You
Under Texas law, you may be entitled to recovery if the other party involved in your accident acted negligently. The burden of proof in a personal injury case is on you to show how the other party is liable.
Most people are not familiar with liability and negligence statutes. That is why we encourage you to call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC. We work on a contingency basis to help you recover for your damages. This protects your legal rights and gives you the time to focus on recovering from your injuries.
Negligence Is a Common Cause of Commercial Vehicle Accidents
Accidents do not happen without cause. Most accidents are unintentional, but this is no excuse or protection from liability.
Our commercial vehicle accident lawyers can help you after any kind of collision, including those caused by:
- Driving while intoxicated (DWI)
- Distracted driving
- Driving while fatigued
- Unsecured cargo falling into roadway
- Defective tires or parts
- Speeding and other reckless driving
- Head-on collisions
- Left turn accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Improper maintenance
- Inadequate driver or operator training
- Road rage or aggressive driving
If you or a loved one was injured in a commercial vehicle accident that was not your fault, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation. A member of our team is ready to talk to you: (713) 850-8600.
How Commercial Vehicle Accidents Are Different from Other Collisions
A commercial vehicle is any wheeled transportation that is used exclusively for commercial or business purposes.
The most common types of commercial vehicles are:
- Delivery and other types of oversized trucks
- 18-wheeler and semi-trucks
- Motor coaches
- Town cars
- Tow trucks
- Construction vehicles
- Fleet cars
- Utility vehicles including cranes
- Tree-trimming vehicles and lifts
Commercial vehicles are typically larger and heavier than a standard passenger car. As a result, you are more likely to suffer a serious injury than from other types of motor vehicle accidents.
Commercial Vehicle Accidents Tend to be More Complex
Commercial vehicle accidents can be challenging to resolve. This is because:
- There is often more than one liable party.
- Commercial vehicle insurance carriers can make it difficult for you to recover damages.
- Bodily injuries and property damage tend to be more extensive if the involved vehicle is a large truck or other oversized vehicles.
Insurance adjusters know that victims typically have the pressure of medical bills, lost wages, and other financial burdens. They may use this to their advantage.
In our experience, insurance companies try to:
- Pressure to settle the case as quickly and cheaply as possible
- Try to blame you for the accident
- Question the validity of your injuries
- Delay the claims process
- Offer a settlement that is inadequate for your injuries and losses
- Deny the claim outright
- Miller & Associates, PLLC understands the claims process and will work diligently for you. We take care of the details so that you may concentrate on feeling better. For a free case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600.
We Represent You, Not the Insurance Company
Dealing with an insurance adjuster can be exhausting and intimidating. After all, insurance companies make money by collecting premiums, and not paying claims.
Since 2002, our firm has helped countless Texans recover damages through insurance settlements or verdicts. While past results do not guarantee future outcomes, our attorneys will use their knowledge and experience to fight for the recovery you deserve.
In Texas, you have two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. For wrongful death lawsuits, Texas has a two-year deadline from the date that your loved one passed away.
To find out more about a potential recovery, call (713) 850-8600.
Financial Recovery in a Commercial Vehicle Accident Case
Your lawyer will compile the necessary evidence, and documentation to pursue a recovery for you. This may include:
- Medical treatment including hospitalization, surgery, rehabilitation, therapy, prescription medicine, and other related expenses
- Lost wages for work you missed because of injuries
- Diminished earning ability if your injuries prevent you from returning to your job, working full-time, or working at all
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Property damage
If you lost a loved one in a commercial vehicle accident, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can help you pursue your damages such as:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Medical bills until your loved one’s passing
- Lifetime lost income, benefits, and annuities
- Loss of consortium
You and your family deserve a strong legal advocate who will fight for your financial recovery.
Call a Commercial Vehicle Accident Lawyer Serving Pasadena, TX, Today
If you were injured in this type of collision, you could recover damages from the at-fault party. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation: (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Can You Recover for a Wrongful Death From a Truck Accident in Texas?
- What Should You Do If You Are Injured as a Pedestrian Accident In Texas?
- What If a Family Member Is Too Seriously Injured to Contact a Lawyer?
- What To Do After A Car Accident In Houston
- How Do I Know If I Am a Victim in the Sexual Abuse Case at UCLA?