Did a negligent driver collide with your car? If so, you could have the basis of a personal injury insurance claim or lawsuit. Our Odessa car accident lawyers can navigate the financial recovery system. At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, we do everything we can to ensure the best possible outcome. If we do not receive an acceptable settlement offer from the insurer, we will also represent you in court and manage everything litigation entails.
You do not have to fight for financial recovery alone. When we handle your car accident case, we will investigate the accident and gather evidence that supports your right to recover damages. You can also trust that we’ll prevent the insurance company from pressuring you into a low settlement.
We Will Investigate What Caused Your Accident in Ector County, Texas
When you seek recovery after an accident, you need to prove the other driver was negligent. That means proving duty of care, breach of duty, causation, and damages. This basically means that because the other party acted carelessly, they caused your accident and resulting losses.
To prove negligence, we will gather:
- The car accident report: This document will tell us how to contact the at-fault driver and his insurance company. It will also detail any factors that contributed to the accident, like intoxication, speeding, or distractions.
- Your medical records: They will document the cause of your injuries and their severity. They will also help us understand the extent of your recovery time and treatment-related expenses.
- Photos and videos: They can capture the moments just before or after the accident. They can also show its details from varying points of view.
We will also locate and interview witnesses and record their statements. We collect and organize this evidence and present it to the at-fault party prior to settlement negotiations, hoping to resolve your case out of court.
We Will Pursue These Injury-Related Losses After Your Collision in Odessa, TX
A car accident can leave you with an array of expenses and losses. While these expenses add up, your injuries could stop you from working and spending time with your loved ones.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ will pursue:
- Past and future medical bills
- Past and future income losses
- Property damage or total loss
- Physical impairment
- Physical disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
We understand that financial recovery can’t undo the trauma of losing a loved one. However, it can alleviate your financial concerns as you celebrate their life and achievements. Damages in a wrongful death case can comprise funeral expenses, burial fees, loss of consortium, and palliative care.
Do Not Let Your Right to Recover Damages Expire
Recovering from a car accident can take weeks, months, or years. If your injuries are severe enough, your recovery can last a lifetime. Yet, your right to recover damages will expire at some point. Generally, Texas law limits your right to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit to two years.
When we represent you (and with sufficient notice), we ensure your case meets the state’s filing deadline. We also explain any factors that shorten or extend the statutory deadline.
How Proportionate Liability in Texas Affect What You Can Recover
Just as many factors can change the statute of limitations, many can change the damages you recover. According to Texas law, proportionate responsibility can decrease any financial award you receive based on your percentage of fault.
For instance, imagine you caused 20% of the collision. This would reduce how much you can recover by 20%. This makes determining fault for your accident crucial. You don’t want to lose a single dime that you’re entitled to recover.
Leave the Settlement Process to Our Car Accident Lawyers
When we represent clients in Odessa, our personal injury law firm manages the negotiation process. Our D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ team will:
- Assess the value of your case
- Send a settlement demand letter
- Weigh the pros and cons of each offer
- Help you make a well-informed decision
Our goal is to help you secure the best possible outcome while keeping you informed each step of the way.
We Strive to Be Accessible to Our Clients
Get your questions answered on our Facebook livestream. Our personal injury lawyers host these sessions to give our clients a chance to speak to a team member about their most pressing concerns. We also make sure our team is readily accessible so you can reach us at your convenience. With our team on your side, you will understand everything going on with your case.
See Why Previous Car Accident Clients Recommend Our Firm
Our team takes pride in making ourselves accessible to our clients. When you need us, we are there for you. Our former clients attest:
- Amber Wright: D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has done everything possible to help me and my family after my car accident…They got me the medical care I needed [and] took care of things when I couldn’t…If you’re ever looking for someone that will put up a good fight, these are the people.
- Luz McMullen: Great experience and good customer service from the D. Miller & Associates, PLLC team. They answered every single question I had over my car accident. I am happy with my settlement, and I would recommend D. Miller & Associates, PLLC to everyone.
When you are ready to trust our car accident team with your case, we are ready to fight for the damages you are entitled to.
Get Your No-Cost Case Evaluation
If you or someone you love was injured in a car accident in Odessa, our legal team will build a case to recover what you deserve.
We will handle the details of your case and negotiate on your behalf. Find out how hard we fight for you by calling one of our D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ case evaluation team members. You can start your free case evaluation now by calling us or filling out our online contact form.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Should You Do When You Slip and Fall in A Store in Texas?
- What if You Have Trouble Paying Medical Bills After a Serious Car Accident?
- How Do I Get a Police Report for a Car Accident in Fort Worth?
- My Child Was Injured At School – Can I Sue?
- What Is the Free Consultation with a Personal Injury Attorney Like?