If you were involved in a car accident that was not your fault, you could recover damages for medical bills, reduced income, and other accident-related expenses.
Some insurance companies make it difficult for accident victims to recover these damages. They may delay or even outright deny your claim, hoping that you will give up.
A car accident lawyer serving Waco is on your side. He or she will safeguard your legal rights and help you seek recovery for your physical and emotional injuries and damages.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC to learn more about how our legal services may help you. For a free case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600.
We Help You Pursue Recovery
The type of car accident lawyer Waco, TX can provide through D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may be able to help you obtain recovery from the at-fault party.
Our process begins by listening and answering your questions and concerns. As your lawyer, anything you discuss is protected by attorney-client privilege. This allows you to feel comfortable talking about your injuries and how they affect your work and home life.
We do all we can to get you financial recovery after a car accident. This includes:
- Reviewing witness statements, accident reports, and other documentation that can prove liability.
- Discussing your injuries with your physician or medical provider to get a fuller understanding of your current and future medical and life care costs.
- Evaluating physical evidence of the accident, including photos that show debris, final resting places of the vehicles, damage, and skid marks.
- Identifying and communicating with all liable parties.
- Filing a detailed claim with the liable party’s insurance carrier and negotiate a fair settlement.
- Protecting your legal rights from start to conclusion.
If you lost a loved one in the car accident, please accept our condolences. In addition to seeking recovery for you, a car accident lawyer serving Waco, TX, from D. Miller & Associates, PLCC can also pursue damages for wrongful death.
A member of our team can meet with you at a convenient location if you cannot travel to our office. For a free case evaluation with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, call (713) 850-8600.
How a Car Accident Lawyer Establishes Liability
Car accidents are usually caused by negligence. These include:
- Driving while intoxicated
- Not yielding
- Defective tires
A car accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will examine the evidence from your accident to assign liability. This is key to seeking financial recovery.
There are certain conditions that must exist to show liability:
- The at-fault driver must have owed you a duty to take reasonable efforts to avoid harming you.
- The at-fault driver did not uphold this duty of care in some manner, such as making an unsafe lane change.
- This negligence caused the accident and your injuries.
- You have damages in the form of medical bills, lost pay, mental anguish, and other losses.
Reckless drivers should be held accountable for your damages. You may also help prevent someone else from being injured by taking action against a negligent driver.
Time Is Limited if You Are Considering Legal Action
We recommend that you begin pursuing recovery from the liable party as soon as possible. A car accident lawyer with our firm will likely pursue recovery from the other party’s insurance carrier first.
You should not delay filing an insurance claim because this may prompt the insurance adjuster to question the severity of your injuries.
Although a car accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will vigorously pursue a fair settlement on your behalf, the other side may not be willing to do so. If so, we can file a lawsuit on your behalf to recover compensation.
Under Texas statute limitations, you have two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit under Texas statutes.
What We Can Do for You After the Accident
A car accident lawyer can take care of pursuing recovery while you focus on recovery.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can take care of:
- Gathering all evidence to show liability and negligence.
- Compiling your expenses, medical bills, and other documents.
- Filing and managing the insurance claim.
- Negotiating with the insurance adjuster.
- Preparing a lawsuit to seek a verdict from a judge or jury.
Our lawyers work on a contingency basis. For a free case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600.
Seeking Recovery After a Waco Car Accident
Texas law recognizes that a car accident may leave you with damages. There are two kinds of compensatory damages that may apply to your case: specific and general. A car accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will carefully value your damages and could pursue:
Special damages such as:
- Medical bills
- Prescription medicine
- Physical therapy
- Mental health counseling
- Lost wages
- Property damage including car rentals and repairs
General damages such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent partial or total disability that diminishes your earning ability and quality of life
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
Please keep all medical bills and related costs to give to your lawyer. This includes incidental expenses, such as mileage to and from your doctor, pharmacy, and home.
We Can Help After Any Kind of Car Accident
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has a wide practice area that includes:
- Drunk driving (DWI) accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drowsy driving accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Head-on collisions with injuries
- Rear-end collisions
- Rollover accidents
- Left-turn accidents
- Accidents caused by defective tires, parts, or repairs
- 18-wheeler and semi truck accidents
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bus accidents
If a reckless driver caused injury to you or a family member, you have options. You have the right to hire a car accident lawyer of your choice to help you recover damages and hold the other party accountable.
Call a Car Accident Lawyer Serving Waco Today
Please call today for a free, no-obligation case evaluation. Our car accident lawyers at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC are ready to help.
Call (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Is It too Late to File an OSU Collegiate Sexual Assault Case?
- Does the At-Fault Party’s Insurance Pay Your Car Accident Damages in Texas?
- What Happens If You’re Injured by a Drunk Driver Who Has No Car Insurance in Texas?
- Can I Sue My Employer If I Am Injured at Work?
- Should I Take An Ambulance After A Car Accident In Houston?