You should not have to suffer financially if a careless truck driver causes you physical and emotional injuries. Unfortunately, many truck accident victims do not exercise their legal right to financial recovery. That is why you should call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation.
A truck accident lawyer serving Brookshire, TX helps you by:
- Protecting your rights
- Seeking financial recovery
- Negotiating with the truck driver’s insurance company or lawyer
- Preparing your case for trial if necessary
Our truck accident lawyers work on a contingency basis only. Please call us today at (713) 850-8600 to find out how we can help you.
How a Truck Accident Lawyer Gets You Financial Recovery
You should know that many times the liable motorist will deny responsibility for the accident. In your case, the truck driver, trucking company, or their insurance carrier may do all they can to keep you from the financial recovery you deserve.
It can be stressful to deal with an insurance adjuster, especially if you are recovering from your injuries. A truck accident lawyer can pursue recovery on your behalf so you can concentrate on feeling better.
Our Process for Financial Recovery
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has obtained financial recovery for many truck accident plaintiffs through insurance settlements and verdicts. Our truck accident lawyers are committed to getting you the financial recovery you deserve.
Our process for seeking financial recovery may include the following steps:
- Reviewing police reports and witness statements
- Obtaining the truck driver’s driving history
- Requesting the truck company’s safety, training, and maintenance records (these can be paper or digital through the truck’s electronic tracking system)
- Getting photos or videos of the accident site, your car, and your injuries
- Securing a statement from your healthcare provider about your injuries and prognosis (with your permission)
- Making copies of your medical bills and other expenses
- Negotiating for an acceptable settlement with the insurance adjuster
Insurance settlements can be resolved faster than a courtroom trial. However, your truck accident lawyer will explain the process and potential outcome if you choose to take your case to trial. Under Texas law, you have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit.
It takes time to build a compelling insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit. Please call a truck accident lawyer serving Brookshire, TX from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today at (713) 850-8600.
How a Truck Accident Lawyer Demonstrates Liability
Truck accidents are usually caused by negligence. There are several forms of negligent behavior that can cause a truck accident.
It is possible that your injuries were caused by a truck driver who was:
- Driving while distracted (for example, texting, eating, or adjusting something on the dashboard)
- Intoxicated or under the influence
- Passing in a no-passing zone
- Failing to properly yield
- Running a red light
- Improperly trained or unlicensed
We must prove the following to establish liability:
- The driver owed you a duty of care to drive safely and avoid an accident if possible
- The at-fault driver breached this duty of care, possibly by performing one of the actions listed above
- This breach caused your injury that caused financial damages
A truck accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can start on your case right away. You deserve to know and understand your legal rights and to get the recovery to which you may be entitled. For a free case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600.
When There Are Multiple Liable Parties
A truck accident may involve more than one party. If this applies to your situation, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will determine the liable parties and seek recovery accordingly. Any party with direct or vicarious liability for your injuries and damages may be held accountable.
Types of Damages That May Be Awarded in a Truck Accident
Your truck accident lawyer serving Brookshire, TX will seek compensatory damages for both economic and noneconomic losses. These will depend on the severity of your injuries, the extent of property damage, and other factors, but may include:
- Ambulance and emergency department services
- Doctor’s visits
- Ongoing treatment or therapy
- Prescriptions and medical assistive devices, such as crutches
- Car repair, rental, or replacement
- Lost income
- Reduced income due to injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Financial Recovery for a Wrongful Death
If you lost a loved one in a truck accident in Brookshire, please accept our sympathies. We know no settlement will bring your loved one back but it can give you the financial breathing room you need to grieve.
An attorney with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can pursue recovery for damages such as:
- Medical and lifecare costs prior to your loved one’s passing
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Estimated income and benefits had your loved one survived
- Loss of companionship and consortium
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
A lawyer with our firm can file a wrongful death insurance claim or lawsuit on your behalf if you are the surviving spouse, child (either biological or legally adopted), or parent. Please call (713) 850-8600 to learn more about wrongful death caused by a truck accident.
Why You Should Have an Attorney Deal with the Insurance Adjuster
We strongly recommend that you let a truck accident lawyer speak with the insurance adjuster or trucking company lawyer. Our lawyers with insurance companies regularly and will not back down from getting you the financial recovery you deserve. You should be able to recover without this added worry and stress.
Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation if you were injured in a truck accident. A truck accident lawyer serving Brookshire will protect your legal rights and pursue financial recovery while you concentrate on recovery.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Is the Value of a Spinal Cord Injury Case in Texas?
- What If a Family Member Is Too Seriously Injured to Contact a Lawyer?
- Do You Have A Motorcycle Injury Case If A Pothole Caused Your Accident in Texas?
- A Federal Court Has Already Approved a Federal Class Action Settlement, Can I Still Sue USC For Sexual Abuse?
- Can You Sue For Distracted Driving Accidents In Texas?