When your life is disrupted by a truck accident, a truck accident lawyer serving Plano can help you get things back on track. You could recover damages for your medical bills, lost pay, mental anguish, and other losses.
Trucking companies and their insurance carriers may try to take advantage of you. A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ will defend your rights and seek recovery on your behalf.
Why Connect With A Truck Accident Lawyer
You may choose to pursue damages on your own, but a truck accident lawyer offers benefits for you and your loved ones.
An attorney with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can:
- Explain what to expect during the financial recovery process.
- Build a case to prove liability.
- Schedule your medical appointments, regardless of your health insurance status.
- Keep you updated on your case.
- Meet you at our office, your home, the hospital, or by phone.
It is your right to have a lawyer represent you to the insurance company or in court.
When to connect with an attorney about your case
Texas law imposes a two-year statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits. You are encouraged to connect with a truck accident lawyer as soon as possible. It takes time to gather evidence, establish liability, and file a claim. If we cannot negotiate an acceptable settlement on your behalf, we could take your case to court.
Factors That Can Affect Your Financial Recovery
When you are injured and in pain because of another person’s reckless or negligent act, you should not have to suffer twice. A personal injury lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can seek compensatory damages for your economic and emotional losses.
We cannot predict an exact settlement amount because there are several factors that affect your financial recovery:
- Your injuries: Typically, a truck accident settlement could be more when there are extensive injuries.
- Your prognosis: Another factor that is considered is whether you will make a full recovery.
- Your damages: The greater and more extensive the injuries, the higher the damages.
Since 2002, our legal team has helped clients recover damages from negligent parties for truck accidents and other types of personal injuries. We would be proud to help you through your accident case.
Recoverable Damages From A Truck Accident
A truck accident victim in Texas may be able to recover both economic and non-economic damages. These damages are the result of your injuries that you suffered from someone’s mistake.
Your damages might include:
- Medical care and treatment, both past and future
- Lost income because of your injuries
- Reduced earning ability if you are temporarily or permanently disabled
- Lifecare expenses if your injuries prevent you from taking care of your children and similar responsibilities
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
If you lost a loved one from truck accident injuries, please accept our condolences. We can help you understand your ability to recover wrongful death damages.
We Understand Truck Accident Cases
Not all law firms accept truck accidents. These collisions are often more complex than other types of traffic accidents because there can be more than one liable party and/or insurance policy.
Our legal team handles:
- 18-wheeler and semi truck accidents
- Delivery truck accidents
- Moving van accidents
- Oversized truck accidents
- Drunk driving accidents with injuries
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drowsy driving accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- Head-on collisions with injuries
- Sideswipe accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Defective tire accidents
There is no such thing as a “minor” accident when it leaves you injured and with medical bills and other expenses. Let an attorney with our firm help you hold the liable party accountable.
A word from one of our clients
Monique L. is a member of our client family who kindly shared her experience with our firm: “Even as I wait(ed) through my surgery and I wasn’t able to work, I was always able to count on D. Miller & Associates for help. These guys told me everything was going to be ok and now…everything is GREAT! Because of D. Miller & Associates, I’m back in a new vehicle and a great new home. Thank you, all!”
You can read more client testimonials on our website.
How We Prove Liability
A truck accident lawyer serving Plano understands the required burden of proof. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ has successfully resolved cases by securing evidence to show that:
- The other party owed you a duty of care to take reasonable, prudent measures in preventing you from injury.
- The other party breached this duty of care in some manner, perhaps with a reckless act or failing to act.
- This caused you to suffer injury.
- These injuries caused you to have damages in the form of economic and emotional distress.
The other party (or their insurance carrier) may deny responsibility for your injuries and damages. That is why our lawyers back up liability claims with proof.
Types of evidence in a truck accident claim
Many trucks now have digital information systems that help an attorney to understand what happened during your accident.
A truck accident attorney from our team may collect additional evidence of liability, including:
- Photos of the accident scene showing skid marks, debris, and final vehicle resting place
- Police reports and moving violations, if any
- Witness statements
- Traffic camera video, if available
We can also talk to your doctor (with your permission) to better understand the nature and extent of your injuries. This helps to accurately valuate your damages.
Get a free case evaluation today
You could recover damages from the liable party after a truck accident. A truck accident lawyer serving Plano protects your rights and guides you through this process.
Call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™. The sooner you call, the sooner we can get to work on your case.