Truck accidents can cause life-changing and even fatal injuries. You may receive a financial recovery for your injuries or the loss of your loved one.
D.Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can assign a truck accident lawyer serving Friendswood to your case. We’ve recovered hundreds of millions for victims of negligence. We can seek the recovery that you deserve.
We Can Investigate Your Truck Accident
Truck accident cases can pose more challenges than car accident cases. To properly investigate your accident, you need a firm that knows how to investigate truck accidents. When we represent a truck accident victim, our team may:
- Visit the scene of your accident: Circumstances permitting, we’ll document your accident scene. We may take photographs and video of the scene, including damage to your vehicle.
- Preserve sensitive evidence: We can gather as much evidence as possible. Some evidence, like the truck’s black box, may be in the trucking company’s possession. We can ensure the trucking company makes such evidence available to us.
- Hire experts to help with the investigation: Truck accident experts may help with various aspects of our investigation.
- Interpret all relevant evidence: The untrained eye may not be able to interpret evidence properly. Drivers’ logs, black box data, and other evidence may be particularly tough to analyze. With help from knowledgeable experts, we can interpret the most complex of evidence.
Without our help, you may struggle to obtain and analyze important evidence. Our team can save you time, effort, and stress by handling the entire investigation.
Who Is Liable for Your Truck Accident?
Evidence from your accident will lead us to liable parties. As a general rule, trucking companies are liable when their drivers cause an accident. As the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) explains, drivers are usually at-fault for a truck accident.
A truck driver may be responsible for your accident if they:
- Were speeding
- Were tailgating
- Made any illegal turns, lane changes, or other dangerous driving maneuvers
- Were under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Failed to secure their cargo properly
- Failed to detect truck defects or hazards
- Contribute to your accident in another way
Trucking companies owe you a duty of care. They must vet, monitor, and discipline their drivers. They must also inspect their equipment, including trucks and trailers. A trucking company may be directly responsible for an accident if they failed to follow through with any of these rules and regulations.
How Can We Seek a Financial Recovery for You?
We will take the approach that your case dictates. Our approach may depend on:
- The insurance coverage of liable parties
- The nature and severity of your injuries
- How insurance negotiations unfold
- The financial cost of your damages
- Other factors specific to your case
Insurance claims and lawsuits are two options available to us. We’ll discuss your case with you, gather all relevant facts, and determine the right approach for you. Truck accident lawyers from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ create a personalized strategy for each client. Our truck accident lawyers serving Friendswood can handle your case in the same personal manner.
We Advocate for Truck Accident Victims
Our first priority is protecting your health. We suggest beginning medical treatment immediately. While you recover physically, we can go to work on your case. Our aim is to secure what you deserve, and we will use every resource to that end.
Losses that may warrant recovery include:
- Pain and suffering: Your financial recovery should account for your pain and suffering. This may include sleeplessness, traumatic memories, mental anguish, injury pain, and other forms of pain and suffering.
- Lost wages and earning power: You may also recover any wages you lose because of injury. Serious injury symptoms may cause an indefinite loss of earning power. Your potential financial recovery may replace the difference between your pre-accident and post-accident earnings.
- Healthcare costs: Recoverable healthcare costs may include emergency transport, emergency care, surgery, hospitalization, and doctor’s visits. Your settlement may also cover medications, rehabilitation, medical equipment, and transportation to medical appointments.
- Property damage: We can also seek coverage of any necessary vehicle repairs. If your vehicle is totaled, we can seek to replace the vehicle. Your recovery may also account for any personal property damaged in your accident.
- A wrongful death: A wrongful death may cost you financial support, immense grief, funeral expenses, and other losses. We can seek financial recovery to help your family in your loved one’s absence.
Our firm has recovered hundreds of millions for personal injury victims. We’ll fight for the recovery you deserve, and no less.
What Makes D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ Different From Other Law Firms?
Truck accident victims have their pick of many different lawyers. They choose us because of our attorneys and uncompromising client care. We pride ourselves on accessibility to clients. You can expect:
- Prompt answers to your questions and concerns
- Full access to our firm’s resources, including experts and investigators
- Passionate representation
You can expect us to fight for the best possible case outcome.
Our Clients Rave About Our Representation
Our client testimonials reflect a client-first law firm:
- “D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has done everything possible to help me and my family after my accident two years ago. They got me the medical care I needed took care of things when I couldn’t take care of them have been very helpful in this whole process. If you’re ever looking for someone that will put up a good fight when you can’t these are the people who look to.” – Amber Wright
- “Great firm, they follow up on everything and they make sure you are comfortable and that everything is correct with your claim. I would highly recommend.” – Kiana Skyy
- “Very attentive and helpful law firm. Quick to answer your questions and explain tough legal language and made a negative time of my life have a positive outcome and brighter future.” – Daniel Lieberg
We strive to win every case that we handle. We’ll work hard to win for you.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ Today About Your Truck Accident
A truck accident can cause substantial harm. A truck accident lawyer serving Friendswood from our team can seek a financial recovery that can help you access the medical care you need and move on with your life. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ advocates for truck accident victims, and now we want to see how we can help you.
Our team is available around the clock. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ today for a free case evaluation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Long Do Slip And Fall Injury Cases Take In Texas?
- Can You Recover Money For Non-Injury Damages In a Car Accident?
- How Soon Do You Need to File A Claim After A Bicycle Accident in Texas?
- A Federal Court Has Already Approved a Federal Class Action Settlement, Can I Still Sue USC For Sexual Abuse?
- What Happens If You Can No Longer Work After a Car Accident?